PFT: Cowboys haven't begun talks with Dak or Cooper

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His going to get starting QB money regardless if we do it this year or next. There's not going to be considerable savings doing it early. He can wait.
I disagree. You could save millions doing the deal now. If you wait and Goff, Mariota, Wentz, etc. sign a big time deal? The bar will be raised and Dak will be in that ball park.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the thing about Dak. Whether you like him or not.....at this point you should know if he’s your franchise qb or not. It makes no sense to wait and sign him if you think he’s your franchise qb. You aren’t going to get him on some bargain. The sooner the cheaper the deal.

If you can guarantee that? Sure. If not? Play it out.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This is what I would do as well. Get the Lawrence deal done already and then lock up Cooper. And that’s enough for this year. No more.

Then reassess things next year, depending on performance and the head coach’s preference.
Too logical for this franchise.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak needs to be first. The difference between this group and next will be around 6-8mil more per yr

RamziD

Reaction score
Don’t sign Dak this offseason, then everyone is thrilled at what a great season he has, but quickly turn against him when he and his agent ask for a $200M contract next offseason.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I know it’s a unpopular opinion. But of all the upcoming contracts I would only sign Dak if he has a good year. Cooper and then wait on Jaylon and LVE.. Tank, Zeke, Jones would get the franchise treatment or traded.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a thread that said Dak’s deal would be done by the end of the week I think it was a few weeks ago
Yeah, pretty peculiar considering all that confidence in that thread.

Anyway, Dak should play the year out. They can reach deal or fanchise him next offseason. Coop should be after DLaw (whatever they do there). Then get Zeke something popping. Byron Jones? They may look into flipping him for some assets, but that would be tough considering his play at CB.

Idk, interesting to see how they navigate all these contracts, but good thing is they have talent.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is what I would do as well. Get the Lawrence deal done already and then lock up Cooper. And that’s enough for this year. No more.

Then reassess things next year, depending on performance and the head coach’s preference.

im on board.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak needs to be first. The difference between this group and next will be around 6-8mil more per yr

I disagree with that. I think teams are seeing the mistakes of recent big money extensions to guys like Carr, Stafford, and Cousins and rethinking throwing crazy money at just any quarterback.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t sign Dak this offseason, then everyone is thrilled at what a great season he has, but quickly turn against him when he and his agent ask for a $200M contract next offseason.

Or he fails to progress and you're thankful you didn't become the Oakland Raiders