News: PFT: Dak Prescott is "antsy" to play again

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Honestly, I see them staying with a similar conservative game plan when he returns. The only difference is taking a few more shots at big plays than with Cooper. Remember MM just said we are a defense-first team. Take what the defense gives you, and win TOP.........keep the D well rested.
I agree, but Dak is simply a better QB and that will pay dividends.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let's be fair here, rush has played well but the defense has had daks back more than rush has..but yes dak needs to step up and play like the first 6 games of 2021

How many TOs did the defense generate in the first 5 games of 2021 as opposed to 2022?

Jipper

Reaction score
How many TOs did the defense generate in the first 5 games of 2021 as opposed to 2022?

a better question is how many points did the defense hold opposing offenses to in 2021 vs 2022 through the first 5 games….

the answer is 23.4 in 2021 vs 14.4 this year….that’s a 9 point difference….

my point stands

khiladi

Reaction score
a better question is how many points did the defense hold opposing offenses to in 2021 vs 2022 through the first 5 games….

the answer is 23.4 in 2021 vs 14.4 this year….that’s a 9 point difference….

my point stands

No, it actually is not a better point in relation to Dak and the offense. As TOs provide offenses with more chances to score and lead to blowouts.

The Eagles scored 14 points in the second half when we were already blowing them out, meaning useles scored that added to the point total against our defense. We were 41-14 when Eagles scored a meaningless TD with 3 minutes left to inflate the stats against the defense. Against the Panthers, 14 meaningless points were put on the board in the 4th quarter by the Panthers when we were up already 33-14 in the forth.

Again, Dak did not win a single game last year when the defense didn’t generate a TO. Rush already has three games in the bag.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
No, it actually is not a better point in relation to Dak and the offense. As TOs provide offenses with more chances to score and lead to blowouts.

The Eagles scored 14 points in the second half when we were already blowing them out, meaning useles scored that added to the point total against our defense. We were 41-14 when Eagles scored a meaningless TD with 3 minutes left to inflate the stats against the defense. Against the Panthers, 14 meaningless points were put on the board in the 4th quarter by the Panthers when we were up already 33-14 in the forth.

sorry buddy but you are entirely missing my point and I am not talking at all about 2021, we are talking about different things

my point is that in 2022 it has been the defense carrying the team not Rush and they are the ones that have been covering for him and, in turn having daks back as he recovers.

khiladi

Reaction score
sorry buddy but you are entirely missing my point and I am not talking at all about 2021, we are talking about different things

my point is that in 2022 it has been the defense carrying the team not Rush and they are the ones that have been covering for him and, in turn having daks back as he recovers.

Yet, you tried to refute the point I now saying I don’t understand the point. No, I actually understood your point buddy, which is you tried to discredit Rush’s wins, by pretending Dak has not had not defense to help him out, when his offense was better. All these types of posts are just Dak fans trying to make excuses for their boy sucking and being outplayed by a backup named Cooper Rush.

It was the defense that kept generating TOs for Dak in scoring position for the offense that led to blow outs against mediocre teams. He didn’t win a single game without a TO by the defense, but Rush has three in the bag already including last year against the Vikings, Dak couldn’t even hit the broad side of a barn against the Chargers last year, before the injury, because they play heavy zone. 50 of his yards were on a meaningless dump off to CeeDee Lamb to end the half. When Dak faced a good defense from Denver onwards, HE WAS THE PROBLEM, not the defense. The guy can’t throw against a zone to save his life.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate Dak can put up points in the same context or as effectively as Rush is playing under.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Yet, you tried to refute the point I now saying I don’t understand the point. No, I actually understood your point buddy, which is you tried to discredit Rush’s wins, by pretending Dak has not had not defense to help him out, when his offense was better. All these types of posts are just Dak fans trying to make excuses for their boy sucking and being outplayed by a backup named Cooper Rush.

It was the defense that kept generating TOs for Dak in scoring position for the offense that led to blow outs against mediocre teams. He didn’t win a single game without a TO by the defense, but Rush has three in the bag already including last year against the Vikings, Dak couldn’t even hit the broad side of a barn against the Chargers last year, before the injury, because they play heavy zone. 50 of his yards were on a meaningless dump off to CeeDee Lamb to end the half. When Dak faced a good defense from Denver onwards, HE WAS THE PROBLEM, not the defense. The guy can’t throw against a zone to save his life.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate Dak can put up points in the same context or as effectively as Rush is playing under.

keep pounding keyboard warrior! I am not trying to discount rushs wins but simply pointing out that the defense is the reason for the wins…:you clearly are on the “hater” side of the dak debate so good luck with that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should sit him until he calms down. That was his problem against Tampa. He comes out all jacked up on adreniline and can't hit a WR, He needs to be calm so the game slows down.

Staubacher

Reaction score
keep pounding keyboard warrior! I am not trying to discount rushs wins but simply pointing out that the defense is the reason for the wins…:you clearly are on the “hater” side of the dak debate so good luck with that.
Yup you lost the argument when it goes to "hater"

Some of us just LOVE winning. Which is exactly what our team is doing without Dak.

Jipper

Reaction score

Some of us just LOVE winning. Which is exactly what our team is doing without Dak.

Haha, you guys discounting dak are going to be eating a lot of crow. This team is winning bc of the defense, rush is driving the bus and has played well but it is bc of the defense.

i also love winning and they are going to be a better team with dak at qb, anyone that thinks rush is better than dak simply has no clue

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he plays and stinks up the field I bet you his fan club comes up with a host of excuses or another 'injury'.
If he does well, you and the rest of his haters will credit the defenses and the rest of the offense and won't give him any credit....admit it...you don't like him and never will...no Matter what he does.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No he didn't, haters are haters...own it... I'm a homer and I own it. So what?