News: PFT: Dak Prescott is "antsy" to play again

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if I showed up for work bragging that day and crapped my pants..and they brought a temp in who did better, I sure as heck wouldn't be beating my chest and downgrading the guy who made my job look easy.
Figures....you probably never played the game...I like his confidence and his hunger to get back on the field...I'd be concerned if he laid back and milked his paycheck.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
One game? Really? How would you like to be judge on one day at work?
Well you're softening the narrative a little bit here. First of all it wasn't just one game, but quite a few from last season too. And the correct analogy would be, being judged on the basis on that one important meeting you have been preparing for for a week. And yes, you will be judged on those clutch situations in any job. If you can't perform there, you'll find yourself out of the game pretty soon. Doesn't matter how perfect your presentation was or how nice you are to your collegues. Most jobs come down to a few moments, and the higher the pay, the more important these moments get.

With that being said, I don't wanna split hairs, I know what you mean and basically agree. Let him play a couple of games and then judge him. Just don't say "oh come on, it was just a couple of games" if it doesn't work out. Let's just all hope it DOES work out. :)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you're softening the narrative a little bit here. First of all it wasn't just one game, but quite a few from last season too. And the correct analogy would be, being judged on the basis on that one important meeting you have been preparing for for a week. And yes, you will be judged on those clutch situations in any job. If you can't perform there, you'll find yourself out of the game pretty soon. Doesn't matter how perfect your presentation was or how nice you are to your collegues. Most jobs come down to a few moments, and the higher the pay, the more important these moments get.

With that being said, I don't wanna split hairs, I know what you mean and basically agree. Let him play a couple of games and then judge him. Just don't say "oh come on, it was just a couple of games" if it doesn't work out. Let's just all hope it DOES work out. :)
Take the blinders off and be objective....probably to much to ask

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Take the blinders off and be objective....probably to much to ask
Discrediting the fact, that he sucked at least in back to back games despite the defense doing a good job in both is hardly objective. And yes, I do acknowledge that he wasn't the only one doing a bad job in those games, but he definitely didn't a good one either.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh wait did I wake up in preseason again?
Hes really,really,really, ready this time!!
No really
He is not only ready, he sees the game clearly now !
Dont know why he wasnt ready or see things clearly in the past 6 years though.

I also doubt he has been watching any tape and getting better lol.
Should be studying rush and his tape?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
a better question is how many points did the defense hold opposing offenses to in 2021 vs 2022 through the first 5 games….

the answer is 23.4 in 2021 vs 14.4 this year….that’s a 9 point difference….

my point stands

And 4 of the 6 games he lost were within 9 points, including the playoff game.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Yet, you tried to refute the point I now saying I don’t understand the point. No, I actually understood your point buddy, which is you tried to discredit Rush’s wins, by pretending Dak has not had not defense to help him out, when his offense was better. All these types of posts are just Dak fans trying to make excuses for their boy sucking and being outplayed by a backup named Cooper Rush.

It was the defense that kept generating TOs for Dak in scoring position for the offense that led to blow outs against mediocre teams. He didn’t win a single game without a TO by the defense, but Rush has three in the bag already including last year against the Vikings, Dak couldn’t even hit the broad side of a barn against the Chargers last year, before the injury, because they play heavy zone. 50 of his yards were on a meaningless dump off to CeeDee Lamb to end the half. When Dak faced a good defense from Denver onwards, HE WAS THE PROBLEM, not the defense. The guy can’t throw against a zone to save his life.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate Dak can put up points in the same context or as effectively as Rush is playing under.

I agree with what you're saying. The defense propped Dak up last year. Also, no ones takes into account the amount of points the defense actually scored last season. The defense had 33 TO's last year and I want to say 9 defensive TD's. And that's not counting the numerous short fields that the offense was given. It's really quite telling that Dak didn't win a game when the defense didn't have turnover and the offense didn't have 100 yards rushing last year. It's shows exactly what he needs to be successful. I'm not saying Rush is the answer, but he can still prove whether he is or not. Dak has proven he is not the answer.