News: PFT: Dak Prescott on his sore shoulder: Everything's fine

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He would be out there if he was still trying to get a contract. Little aches and pains become a little more tolerable when there's a huge incentive waiting at the end of your efforts. Funny how that works.
its called protecting your investment. if I was Jones' knowing we were shiet without Dak, I would be cautious too....go cry in your little corner troll.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If "everything's fine" he would be practicing. He, more so then most guys on the team, actually needs these reps since he hasn't done his job since Week 4 of last season. Which leads me, and anybody else that can read through the lines, to believe that everything is not as fine as they make it sound.

If everything is in fact fine and he's just not practicing, then we have a new issues on our hand. That issue would be one of entitlement, comfort, and feeling as though your true goal (getting paid) has been accomplished.

I do not believe Dak is that type of person, but then again, getting your ankle snapped, doing all that rehab, and then getting a massive contract can probably change your outlook on things. Everyone isn't made with the mindset of a Tom Brady. Everyone doesn't have that level of competitiveness drive. Dak might be satisfied, he'd NEVER say that, but that doesn't mean he don't feel it.
trolls are out in full strength, posting conspiracy theories....niiiiccceee

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He would be out there if he was still trying to get a contract. Little aches and pains become a little more tolerable when there's a huge incentive waiting at the end of your efforts. Funny how that works.
You mean like when he ripped up his ankle before he got his contract? I can't remember if he played through that either in order to get his contract? Your take is quite ridiculous if you recall the rehab he has got to in order to get to the point of getting back on the field. Sheesh.

Jipper

Reaction score
Don't think so. They've been working all offseason and Gilbert is more than capable. Now Dinucci on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

well, we will see…hoping for the best but unfortunately expecting a bit worse

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
well, we will see…hoping for the best but unfortunately expecting a bit worse
They definitely need a veteran backup but they won't be available until the end of training camp unless they are willing to make a trade.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Clearly those who want to make a big deal of this will, it seems to be part of their DNA to make more out of things than need be. Each to their own
more then once a football coach.gm has sold the fans on its day to day no big deal and well it wasnt ...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
more then once a football coach.gm has sold the fans on its day to day no big deal and well it wasnt ...

Again believe what you choose, I'm tired of it. We have fans making up crap to suite a narrative and if that is what some feel then nothing anyone says changes anything. I have no reason what so ever to believe this is anything but some soreness from throwing a lot of balls. Dak himself addressed media as well about it. I fully expect him to be back on the practice field within a few days and I expect to see him get some action in pre season as this team gets ready for the reg season.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I’d be shocked if they kept him out for 2 weeks…. He needs a few snaps in preseason games to knock the rust off and get comfortable again stepping up into pressure and avoiding the trash at his feet.

They need to walk a fine line between not aggravating the injury and protecting him too much. I don’t want his first throws in game action to be the 3rd or 4th preseason game. I think he needs more action to get back into game shape coming off this injury
I agree but if they keep him out then there is a bigger issue than most of the other reporting out there. Maybe just a way to sell more Hard Knocks viewers. The real news behind the scenes only seen on Hard Knocks.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Soreness is the body saying I want rest. Fortunately for Dak and the Cowboys his body told him to rest the arm for a day or two. Athletes feel soreness during warmups all the time and that soreness is usually gone once the body is warmed up. If the soreness is still there after warmups they take precautions and have a look to see if there is something more going on. Dak could wake up today, feel no soreness, and get right back to work. If people wanna lose their minds over it that's their business. I aint wired that way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure….if everything was fine, they wouldn’t be talking about him missing at least two weeks of camp when there is literally no one to back him up.

I fear this setback means our offense is going to be garbage until at least game five which means a rough start to the season

Hope I’m wrong but doing the math just doesn’t look good

Initial diagnosis was he was done with camp. If that is the case this is a huge blow to not only the offense, but the team overall. Other than a season ending injury, this is one of the worst things that could have happened to the Cowboys.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Soreness is the body saying I want rest. Fortunately for Dak and the Cowboys his body told him to rest the arm for a day or two. Athletes feel soreness during warmups all the time and that soreness is usually gone once the body is warmed up. If the soreness is still there after warmups they take precautions and have a look to see if there is something more going on. Dak could wake up today, feel no soreness, and get right back to work. If people wanna lose their minds over it that's their business. I aint wired that way.

Some people AREN'T blind homers.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Whether or not everything is fine remains to be seen.

I thinks it very fair for many reasons, to be a bit concerned that the starting QB, coming of a significant injury, needs a couple weeks off during training camp.

khiladi

Reaction score
Notice in his quotes he wanted us all to know how he was feeling it the day before. When he went 9-19 with 3 picks.

Ahuh.

I mean what other explanation could it be? I mean the man has a football in his backyard and clearly practices in the off-season with his WRs, so there is no other explanation for his inaccuracy (I mean he’s known for his accuracy) other than an injury for his 40% completion rate and TO rate….

:muttley::muttley::muttley:

To be honest though, Dak spraining his shoulder doesn’t surprise me, considering his awful mechanics at times, where he just tries to muscle it through.

Last edited: