News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he's planning a training-camp holdout

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He's played 3 seasons.
His stupidity cost the team one of them.
He's a constant embarrassment.
He doesn't break long TD runs, getting slower by the season.
His running style doesn't lead to a long career.
He will almost certainly get into trouble again.
* he would've broken that one for a T.D. had he not dragged his marble sack across the top of that one loser dudes helmet, as he high hurdled over him,,,just sayin'

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
As I said, I don't buy this story. However, I'll play along with it just for grins. Let's assume Zeke does hold out. I get the sense that may be not a great move by him because of Troy Pollard.

If anyone forgot Bell holding out last year seemed to be a good move by him. The only reason people knew of Connor was because (Thank God) he survived cancer, and he wasn't much in the conversation. Then, as the season unfolded, it turned out that Connor is a very good back in his own right. I could see that sort of scenario play out here with Zeke. He needs to be very careful that one of the rookies doesn't pull a James Connor on him.
Man, with the right offensive in-tune ployed schemes,,, this outfit would rack up wins (IMO,,,er,,,during the regular) season anyway, left & right just by putting #20 Darrin McFadden back into the starting line upo_O

:omg:

uvaballa

Reaction score
As I said, I don't buy this story. However, I'll play along with it just for grins. Let's assume Zeke does hold out. I get the sense that may be not a great move by him because of Troy Pollard.

If anyone forgot Bell holding out last year seemed to be a good move by him. The only reason people knew of Connor was because (Thank God) he survived cancer, and he wasn't much in the conversation. Then, as the season unfolded, it turned out that Connor is a very good back in his own right. I could see that sort of scenario play out here with Zeke. He needs to be very careful that one of the rookies doesn't pull a James Connor on him.
Steelers fans said the same thing Cowboy fans are saying now. They thought it would be very difficult to make up for their all world RB. Connor wasn’t as good be definitely was good enough for them to move forward without Bell.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Steelers fans said the same thing Cowboy fans are saying now. They thought it would be very difficult to make up for their all world RB. Connor wasn’t as good be definitely was good enough for them to move forward without Bell.
They also missed the playoffs. Losing games Bell would have won for them. Connor isn't the reciever Bell is.

uvaballa

Reaction score
They also missed the playoffs. Losing games Bell would have won for them. Connor isn't the reciever Bell is.

They didn’t miss playoffs because of Connor. If you forgot he got hurt and missed 3 games which hurt them. Antonio Brown was more of a reason for them missing the playoffs.

Johnny23

Reaction score
They didn’t miss playoffs because of Connor. If you forgot he got hurt and missed 3 games which hurt them. Antonio Brown was more of a reason for them missing the playoffs.
The Steelers by my estimatiation missed Bell's presence and ultimately in the end it is on Tomlin and his myriad of excuses and tired rah,rah,act.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Maybe the NFL should drop the union leader and steal the NBA leader. He seems to know what he is doing and yes I know there contracts are guaranteed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Nope your wrong. The money now goes to the veterans. The owners give up more percentage of their profitability with the last CBA.
No, I'm not. Your point is that rookie caps make sense because they protect owners from giving out bad rookie contracts. From a player like Zeke's perspective, that means being grossly underpaid for 5 years. Has nothing to do with revenue split.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Do rumors really need a source? It's the off-season. Let this thread go off the rails. "Let it roll, baby, roll ..."

The photo in your signature is SUBLIME. Go back to those uniforms, please!

staubach24

Reaction score
The load that the Cowboys put on Zeke year to year compounded by his physical style of play tell me that he might sustain(god forbid))a major injury at some point during a long term deal. I do know that this puts Dak in a horrible position. Because if the Cowboys can’t come to terms with Zeke and he sits out long term, the onus of this offense falls on him and his highly inconsistent arm and Noooobody wants that, especially Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
But he is NOT among the highest paid RBs in 2019.

His base is 3.8 million this season.

You can't just look at his base, you also have to factor in the big signing bonus and what he's banked to date relative to other TBs. Looking solely at the base salary in any particular year is just stupid, frankly, because contracts are structured in a variety of ways.