PFT: Hoffman ready to compete to be the Cowboy's starting center

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Well sure, and Tyson Bagent is settling in nicely as the Bears' current QB1. We need IOL help, whether it's center, backup guard, or LG1 if Smith slides over to LT. He has plenty of opportunity to earn his spot, and he's looked decent in spot duty, but I really, REALLY hope it isn't given to him with no competition.

CWR

Reaction score
How did a bunch of morons win 37 games the last 3 years? What does that make the 30 other teams that didn't top that?
Yeah dude they are awesome at being good and terrible at being great. Label them however, not good enough is appropriate though.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I hope Hoffman does turn out to be good.

But the cowboys would be absolutely foolish to not draft a center in the first 3 rounds this draft.
We also need OT (or OG if Tyler moves to OT), RB, DT, DE, LB, nickel CB. Not getting all in the first 3 rounds.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Next:

TJ Bass ready to compete for stating OG spot.

Mazi Smith ready to compete with no one for starting DT spot.

Sam Williams ready to compete with Fehoko for starting DE spot.

Overshown ready to come in and take over as a starting LB after missing his entire rookie season.

Dowdle and Deuce ready to compete for starting RB position.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they get the consensus top center at pick 24, move Tyler to LT and go with Bass at LG, they have a chance to be at least as good as last year, possibly even better.

If they go with Hoffman at center, Tyler at LG and pick 24 at LT, I’m not so sure.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
So, we're basing our hopes at Center on a guy who was cut from the practice squad. What could go wrong?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Next:

Overshown ready to come in and take over as a starting LB after missing his entire rookie season.

And Cowboys ready to compete for the basement of the division.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t think it takes jpj off the board if he’s there, whether he is there or not is another question

CWR

Reaction score
We have been incompetent drafting OL's past the 1st round. Maybe Jimmy can change that? Plus, we need players who can play now. Hard to find those past the first two rounds.
I dont know about incompetent. We drafted 2 starting Centers, McGovern and Steele right? We also have some potential in our two rooks last year.

I'm not giving anyone gold jackets but those are solid picks, and all in recent history.

Our success rate with getting studs in the first at oline is pretty remarkable though.

1942willys

Reaction score
I dont know about incompetent. We drafted 2 starting Centers, McGovern and Steele right? We also have some potential in our two rooks last year.

I'm not giving anyone gold jackets but those are solid picks, and all in recent history.

Our success rate with getting studs in the first at oline is pretty remarkable though.
we get starters after the first rd; we do not get studs

HungryLion

Reaction score
Next:

Followed by: they’re in the best shape of their life.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
How did a bunch of morons win 37 games the last 3 years? What does that make the 30 other teams that didn't top that?
What did that get them? For fans to keep biting and buying in. ALL of their needs could've been addressed in free agency, even if they were just depth and insurance pieces. LB and DT were deep this free agency. They're banking on a dude coming off an ACL and a bunch of rookies to fill positions. Cool, enjoy your 9 or 12 wins and 1st round exits.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Next:

It's mind boggling

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lol Hoffman is praying they don't draft a center.
Maybe they don’t after his public proclamation.

Jerry eats that stuff up and falls in love with the player personally and the idea that Jerry the GM found a great UDFA. Steele contract not far behind.

Cap is fake when it comes to those situations.