News: PFT: Jason Garrett: No drastic changes coming to offense

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Didn't say we did. Was just giving examples of simple schemes. I know what scheme we run. My point was that a simple scheme that's easy to scout doesn't mean it can't be successful. Reading comprehension is a great tool.
Goff and wentz both are products of a simple scheme.

But both were allowed improvements in their supporting casts.

Dre11

Reaction score
Goff and wentz both are products of a simple scheme.

But both were allowed improvements in their supporting casts.

Agreed, With both Zeke and Dak, OL , our scheme is fine. We need better depth.

Zman5

Reaction score
Again, reading comprehension is you friend.. show me where there's backtracking. A simple scheme can be successful with great execution has been my point throughout.
Wishbone? Without the formation, I've seen teams running the option, so maybe it's coming...lol

Simple scheme CAN win if you have the best players. A good scheme has better chance of winning with lesser players. Because a good scheme can help lesser players to execute better against the opponent. Can you understand the difference? Or do I need to draw stick figures to help you?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You'll whining about firing the guy, where was it last season? Are you a front running fan? Must have been miserable for you last season as your agenda was compromised.

Check my post history dude, I have been calling for Garrett to get fired for years.

And for those that understand the game (obviously not you), it is a foregone conclusion that when we do win, it is despite Garrett, not because.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I wonder if this is how it is at GB and Houston; “our coaches suck it; they can’t win without their QB healthy.”

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I wonder if this is how it is at GB and Houston; “our coaches suck it; they can’t win without their QB healthy.”

I could understand losing if your QB goes down, see Green Bay................however, we are getting beat by 20+ every week and our QB hasn't missed one single snap due to injury this season.

That is not suppose to happen in the NFL, nobody loses their RB and starts getting blown out by 20+ every game.............that's coaching

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lol. Yep. That's ok. We've all seen mobs overreact before. My opinions aren't governed by a democracy.

I got to say Idgit, your boy Garrett is doing one hell of job.................lose a RB and the team is not even competitive, lose by 20+ every dam game.

Yep, Garrett is building something here we can all be proud of:lmao2:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Definitely an entitled statement

"Excuse me for expecting more of a franchise that has been to eight Super Bowls, won five, and had 20 consecutive winning seasons."
You obviously have no clue what entitlement means.

Entitlement is playing as a backup QB for some years for a team where your father was a scout for a while, being a coach at lower levels for little more than that, and getting the head coaching gig of one of the top sport franchises in the world primarily because of your connections to its owner.

Last edited:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Fact of the matter is, if they didn’t bench Romo for Dak, this wouldn’t be an issue...

the whole idea they are in rebuilding mode is a new narrative, though reality was they were in win now, which is why Jerry drafted Zeke for Romo.. Romo was better in practice and Romo looked way better on the field when he played..

If I was Jerry I’d be more pissed at this decision than anything else..

That one decision looked like it pushed a SB years down the line once again for ‘rebuilding’...
They were not looking for a RB. Remember, a couple of average RB's is all that was necessary.

Dre11

Reaction score
Simple scheme CAN win if you have the best players. A good scheme has better chance of winning with lesser players. Because a good scheme can help lesser players to execute better against the opponent. Can you understand the difference? Or do I need to draw stick figures to help you?

You're knowledge of football is so minute, why do you think coaches constantly scale back and simplify schemes when they're players struggle? I sat with Kevin Gilbride for 15 minutes talking about this and passing concepts at a Glazier clinic. You don't need the best players if they can execute your system.

Dre11

Reaction score

Entitlement is playing as a backup QB for some years for a team where your father was a scout for a while, being a coach at lower levels for little more than that, and getting the head coaching gig of one of the top sport franchises in the world primarily because of your connections to its owner.

You feel that because the Cowboys won in the past, we as fans deserve nothing less than a Super Bowl.

Dre11

Reaction score

How is he entitled or that's entitlement? He did didn't walk into to Jerry's office and declare himself the coach...lol I think the word you're looking for is nepotism...lol

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
They have no time to do anything new. They don't know how to change it, but they only practice like twice during the week.

This offense is so wrong for Dak. It was the same for Tony, but he was in it so long he perfected all its flaws, and covered up a lot of them scrambling around. Plus Tony first had a stud in TO and Glenn, and then a young stud in Dez. Now all of our WR's suck and Dez is on the decline fast.

If I were Zeke I would hold out in December!
I wish this response was not buried in this thread

haleyrules

Reaction score
Stick figures. :muttley:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
How is he entitled or that's entitlement? He did didn't walk into to Jerry's office and declare himself the coach...lol I think the word you're looking for is nepotism...lol
Umm...nepotism is a form of entitlement.

The latter is when a special privilege is expected in lieu of any other qualifying reason.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You feel that because the Cowboys won in the past, we as fans deserve nothing less than a Super Bowl.
I don't feel entitled because of that. I'm not gaining some special advantage for something I don't really deserve or qualify for. That is the point of the game. To produce a consistently winning team on the field that has a chance to compete for Super Bowls.