News: PFT: Jason Garrett: No drastic changes coming to offense

Dre11

Reaction score
He definitely can but I’ll let you make up stuff

You're crazy. Dak plays in the pocket, and only runs when needed, been that his whole career. Newton is a physical specimen, a running back in a qb body. You're a fool if you think he can duplicate Newton's game....lol

waldoputty

Reaction score
Jason Garrett: No drastic changes coming to offense

The Cowboys have scored fewer than 10 points in three consecutive games, a feat never before seen in team history.

But coach Jason Garrett said Friday the Cowboys will not make drastic changes as they seek answers. Among the things that will remain the same: Offensive coordinator Scott Linehan as play-caller.

“Certainly we’re always looking at ourselves and things that we can do better, but our convictions as a coaching staff, or as a football team, really won’t change,” Garrett said, via Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“You’re looking for different ways to implement things. You self-scout. You do a lot of different things week by week to give your team the best chance possible. But the core convictions about how you win ball games? They remain intact.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/24/jason-garrett-no-drastic-changes-coming-to-offense/

Garrett, you moron.
you cannot get ur head out of the toilet

flushing-head-in-toilet-1.jpg

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
You're crazy. Dak plays in the pocket, and only runs when needed, been that his whole career. Newton is a physical specimen, a running back in a qb body. You're a fool if you think he can duplicate Newton's game....lol
Minus the scripted runs he can be much better/more consistent than Cam. Cam has an OC with a brain though

Dre11

Reaction score
Well this is going to be his second losing season that can go with all his mediocre seasons before. You lose one player the team shouldn't fall apart. This team still needs rebuilding. The coach has failed again.

Still even if it ends up in two, still not bad in 10. They don't need to rebuild, needs better depth. So that the talent drop off isn't so steep.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its like Idgit and 3 other dudes...................that's it..............all that is left of the Garrett Brigade:laugh:

EDIT......oh snap, I totally forgot about Hostile. Man, he must chugging anti-depressants like they are skittles these days.

Lol. Yep. That's ok. We've all seen mobs overreact before. My opinions aren't governed by a democracy.

Dre11

Reaction score
Minus the scripted runs he can be much better/more consistent than Cam. Cam has an OC with a brain though

Lol...that's what make Newton who he is, and successful. Him being posed as a dual threat. That's why he told the coach he was running more this year, that they weren't going to hold him like they wanted to. Did you watch the Panthers last season?
I'm going to have to charge for this lesson...lol

Zman5

Reaction score
This was exactly the same in the 90's. Easy to scout, just couldn't stop it. You heard of players telling opponents where the play is going and they still couldn't stop it.
Scheme is far down on the list for any team, execution is the main components to being successful. It's why New England can run many schemes and they work because their execution is near flawless with their HOF qb. it also why many college schemes work now, easy, there easy to scout, but also easy to execute.

Have you followed football recently? The reason 90's team could beat everyone with a simple scheme is because they were 3 times more talented than 90% of the league. This is no longer the case. And you can't stash talent like we could in the 90s due to free agency.

If it was as simple as you are making it out to be, why not just run the wish bone. It's simple and plenty of games were won using it. LOL.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yet he's only had 1 losing season in 10 years. Which included going through a rebuild.
So not having losing seasons is now an accomplishment? Shall I give Garrett my participation trophy seal of approval?

Excuse me for expecting more of a franchise that has been to eight Super Bowls, won five, and had twenty consecutive winning seasons at one point.

Dre11

Reaction score
Have you followed football recently? The reason 90's team could beat everyone with a simple scheme is because they were 3 times more talented than 90% of the league. This is no longer the case. And you can't stash talent like we could in the 90s due to free agency.

If it was as simple as you are making it out to be, why not just run the wish bone. It's simple and plenty of games were won using it. LOL.

Have you watch? We saw the same simple 90's system win 13 games. We saw the same system in 2014 win 12 games. So what is your point? We saw a simple one read read option win 12games in Washington, we saw the same in 2015 in Carolina, we saw it help carry a team to a Super Bowl in Seattle, likewise in San Fran. Simple schemes win, with great execution. Ask any coach, I been in many seminars with NFL, college, High school coaches, they to a man will tell you schemes don't have to be elaborate to win if you get great execution, less is more. It's why we're seeing more young qbs have success, there simplifying schemes.

Dre11

Reaction score
So not having losing seasons is now an accomplishment? Shall I give Garrett my participation trophy seal of approval?

Excuse me for expecting more of a franchise that has been to eight Super Bowls, won five, and had 20 consecutive winning seasons.

When talking about firing a coach it's definitely apart of the evaluation. Seems to me you have an entitled or front running mentality.

Dre11

Reaction score
None of that follows from anything I said.
Definitely an entitled statement

"Excuse me for expecting more of a franchise that has been to eight Super Bowls, won five, and had 20 consecutive winning seasons."

Zman5

Reaction score
Have you watch? We saw the same simple 90's system win 13 games. We saw the same system in 2014 win 12 games. So what is your point? We saw a simple one read read option win 12games in Washington, we saw the same in 2015 in Carolina, we saw it help carry a team to a Super Bowl in Seattle, likewise in San Fran. Simple schemes win, with great execution. Ask any coach, I been in many seminars with NFL, college, High school coaches, they to a man will tell you schemes don't have to be elaborate to win if you get great execution, less is more. It's why we're seeing more young qbs have success, there simplifying schemes.

Reading your post, it's obvious you have no clue what scheme even means. RG3 didn't run the same offense we do when he was in Washington. And neither does Carolina or Seattle . Just because teams use the read-option, it doesn't mean they have the same offensive scheme. So learn what scheme means and stop posting garbage

Dre11

Reaction score
Reading your post, it's obvious you have no clue what scheme even means. RG3 didn't run the same offense we do when he was in Washington. And neither does Carolina or Seattle . Just because teams use the read-option, it doesn't mean they have the same offensive scheme. So learn what scheme means and stop posting garbage

Didn't say we did. Was just giving examples of simple schemes. I know what scheme we run. My point was that a simple scheme that's easy to scout doesn't mean it can't be successful. Reading comprehension is a great tool.

Zman5

Reaction score
Didn't say we did. Was just giving examples of simple schemes. I know what scheme we run. My point was that a simple scheme that's easy to scout doesn't mean it can't be successful. Reading comprehension is a great tool.

Nice try back tracking but that's not what you wrote. If simple scheme is all it takes to win, we should just run the wish bone. According to you, that should win us several super bowls. We should hire Barry Switzer again. Yeh that should work. LOL.

Dre11

Reaction score
Nice try back tracking but that's not what you wrote. If simple scheme is all it takes to win, we should just run the wish bone. According to you, that should win us several super bowls. We should hire Barry Switzer again. Yeh that should work. LOL.

Again, reading comprehension is you friend.. show me where there's backtracking. A simple scheme can be successful with great execution has been my point throughout.
Wishbone? Without the formation, I've seen teams running the option, so maybe it's coming...lol

Last edited:

Asklesko

Reaction score
I think it's clear Garrett is entirely an in the box thinker.

If he can't take in the information and learn it from somewhere, he can't come up with anything original or creative.

That's the difference. He's devoid of any original creativity. He's a rigid, in the box type thinker and coach, and can't solve problems that arise with any ingenuity or creativity

Not only this... he's a credit sponge for all the things his great players do. He doesn't do a darn thing to help this team win. He just claps as his players make him look good.