News: PFT: Jerry Jones says Eagles bet it all to win this year, Cowboys think longer term

Sydla

Reaction score
And for the record, the Eagles have built, rebuilt, and rebuilt again and this will be their 3rd Super Bowl appearance in 20 years.

Jerry Jones’ Cowboys haven’t gotten close even 1 time in that timeframe.

He should be taking notes, not offering criticism.
LOL. Jerry and some of his minions on this board claimed Philly sold their souls for that SB in 2017. They were a vet laden team with some bloated contracts and about to have to pay Wentz a crap ton of money. It was all gonna come crashing down.

5 years later, here they are back in the SB with a really good chance to win their 2nd in 5 years.

We have dumb fans. We have a dumb GM.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Thinking longer term? LOL, I gave Jerry 16 years as a season ticketholder and don't have any more time to give, having and just accepted an offer ensuring my exit plan. I will now pursue traveling to opponents stadiums for Cowboys road games instead of traveling to the Metroplex to see them play. Been there, done that so to speak.

It didn't hurt a bit.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys have been thinking "longer term" for nearly 3 decades now.

Sydla

Reaction score
And by the way, this idea that Philly just built through FA is a myth too. 10 of their 11 starters on offense were drafted. The only non-drafted starter is AJ Brown who was a trade.

Now defensively, I believe only 5 or 6 were drafted. The rest are FAs. But at the end of the day, 15-16 of your starting 22 were drafted players.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Unfortunately he's set in his ways. I'm afraid that if Will McClay can't get through to Jerry, and or, if Jerry doesn't draft a QB high in the draft, we will have to latch on to players we like, because that's all we've got.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I rather risk it all for a Superbowl run and actually make it to the superbowl then play the super long "game" we been running. Heck the eagles been to the Superbowl quite a few times while we continue to watch and play the "long game".

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
And by the way, this idea that Philly just built through FA is a myth too. 10 of their 11 starters on offense were drafted. The only non-drafted starter is AJ Brown who was a trade.

Now defensively, I believe only 5 or 6 were drafted. The rest are FAs. But at the end of the day, 15-16 of your starting 22 were drafted players.
It's the proper way to win the NFL. Draft well and fill holes with Free Agents, some who can be utilized like mercenaries on short term deals.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You don’t have to jump ship. Just stop contributing financially . We shouldn’t be rewarding this egotistical fool with record revenue.
Oh I’ve done that long ago.

At this point I don’t even need to win if I didn’t have to be embarrassed to admit I follow this team.

The stopwatch is like a kid in a costume pretending to be something he isn’t. The words are all over the place and misguided. It’s just so shameful on so many levels, and truly the exact opposite of what Coach Landry had going on and what I signed up for….not this circus.

It’s getting to where I don’t even want to win because I don’t want to see them win. I can’t stand it that much and at that point you’ve gotta think about things.

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry lost his balls all together. It's a damn shame how scared he is to attempt pushing this team over the top. Back to back 12-5 seasons and an NFC lacking QB prowess, and Jerry is afraid to go in. Good luck building a dynasty in this era.

I'm not supporting going kamikaze, but we can make a splash here and there. He's never been afraid of over paying his own guys, with lesser resumes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I’ve done that long ago.

At this point I don’t even need to win if I didn’t have to be embarrassed to admit I follow this team.

The stopwatch is like a kid in a costume pretending to be something he isn’t. The words are all over the place and misguided. It’s just so shameful on so many levels, and truly the exact opposite of what Coach Landry had going on and what I signed up for….not this circus.

It’s getting to where I don’t even want to win because I don’t want to see them win. I can’t stand it that much and at that point you’ve gotta think about things.
I totally understand . I walked away from season tickets after 4 decades . And have detached myself emotionally and financially.

But I’m still going to watch football . And they are my local broadcast.

You are right though . It’s a double edged sword. While I still like most of the players rooting them on there is some satisfaction with Jethro not having more success doing it his way.

It’s like a marriage gone bad. Hate to see the ex wife have much success but still supporting the kids. Total mixed bag of emotions .

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jerry is on the 60 year plan to win one. The Jones boys play chess while others play checkers. Maybe cap boy can freeze Jerry and have him thawed out when it finally happens

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It’s amazing how detached the Jones boys are from reality.