News: PFT: Jerry Jones says Eagles bet it all to win this year, Cowboys think longer term

mrmojo

Reaction score
Based on the draft picks they will be getting and the talent they have now, save the older stop gap FAs they brought in, I don't see them slipping that much..... at least for the next couple of years........Its not going to be a quick fade like the Rams did this past year.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry just does enough to keep Dallas relevant and keep hope alive to his fanbase. He's making a killing whether we suck or not. Jerry could care less about winning. He's already winning with his bank account. Anybody believing BoZo Jones wants to win are suckers. In 28 years you can't win? This is LAUGHABLE!

GoldenR

Reaction score
Even when we miss the playoffs next year he will say the same thing." It's a progress and the confidence I have in Dak will never waver." Straight up CLOWN!

Flamma

Reaction score
That's not really true, though. They've accumulated extra draft picks the next 3 years, and some of their vets will likely retire in the next 2 years.

Jerry seems to need to convince himself of certain things, or thinks fans will actually take his word for it. :facepalm:
Yeah, it isn't true. The Rams may have bet it all, but the Eagles did no such thing. He's getting his timelines mixed up again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And for the record, the Eagles have built, rebuilt, and rebuilt again and this will be their 3rd Super Bowl appearance in 20 years.

Jerry Jones’ Cowboys haven’t gotten close even 1 time in that timeframe.

He should be taking notes, not offering criticism.

Exactly, he should be learning from what Roseman did.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Considering they have a boat load a free agents this offseason, a QB who will be looking to get paid, and a large group of aging key players, I actually don’t think they’re in spectacular position going forward, but that is beside the point. Roseman has proven that his strategy works so I’m not going to question
They don't have too many aging players. Kelce retires, his replacement on the roster. Cox leaves, no big deal. Suh was a rental. Hurts will get paid, but they may make it an extension. They will be a team to recon with for years. I hate it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly has 6 picks in the next two drafts in the first two rounds - 2 firsts and a second this year, one first and 2 seconds in 2024.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
They don't have too many aging players. Kelce retires, his replacement on the roster. Cox leaves, no big deal. Suh was a rental. Hurts will get paid, but they may make it an extension. They will be a team to recon with for years. I hate it.
If they want to they will be able to run it back next year… I actually think they will… Probably Miles Sanders is the only key guy to go of their core guys… Obviously some of the 34 35-year-old will be gone ie graham, Kielce, Cox, suh,..

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That’s a little overstated. Eagles have to use draft capital on Lane Johnson’s replacement this draft as Johnson has one year left. Kielce‘s time is up, his replacement is on the roster, but is not going to be nearly as good as Kelce. They also need another defensive lineman to replace retiring vets, and not likely to get another Davis in the draft. The bad news is Roseman has a lot of work to do. The good news is he knows to keep both lines above average to have any chance at winning. The NFC East will be a battle next year and Philadelphia is not going to win 14 games again.
Kelce was the best C in football. Lane Johnson maybe best OLineman in football.

Neither are going anywhere next year...Lane J said he wants to play 3 more years for Philly.

zeke21

Reaction score
This has to be one of the embarrassing things that JJ has said.. and he has said so many.

What a fool to think we have any kind of plan.. if anything the Wentz/Dak situation sums up these two franchises perfectly. Dak bolts out of the gate.. Wentz starts a little slower but a weaker team. Wentz beats Dak head to head a couple of times. Wentz plays a very solid season and gets the eagles to the playoffs.. Foles plays an unbelievable six weeks of football and they win a ring. I'm not saying Wentz would have won it.. but for all the hate he gets.. he was playing very good football before the injury and did have the Eagles in the #1 seed. Anyway they bring Wentz back.. he is inconsistent at best and suffering because Eagles had lost a lot of vets. Dak is putting up better stats but not winning anything of note.

Eagles make the tough call on Wentz and trade him 'high' and bring in another rookie. They accept there may be 1-2 seasons of 'down' time and prepare for another push.
Cowboys sign Dak to a monster, monster, monster, franchise crippling contract because they think they are 'close'.

Yet another example of why the Dak contract was a big mistake but perfectly in keeping with this managements BS ideas of roster balance.

We could have easily traded Dak two years ago.. scooped up 2 first round draft picks and freed up a heap of salary cap. We would now be sitting here with a great defence.. another couple of stars on offence.. and a better balanced cap.

Jerry Jones is legit an idiot.