News: PFT: Jerry Jones says Eagles bet it all to win this year, Cowboys think longer term

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
“That’s pretty impressive to have two teams in the last two years empty the bucket and get to the Super Bowl,” Jones said.

I don’t understand what he means by this. We have 6 picks in the first 2 rounds over the next 2 drafts, a pro bowl QB under 25, and an Oline that’ll be tops in the league for another 3-5 years, and 2 star WRs who are 24 and 25. If we lose some Defenisve guys this offseason Howie will just go out and get more, as he has over the last 6 seasons that amounted in 5 playoff appearances and 7 playoff wins. What bucket did we empty?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
“That’s pretty impressive to have two teams in the last two years empty the bucket and get to the Super Bowl,” Jones said.

I don’t understand what he means by this. We have 6 picks in the first 2 rounds over the next 2 drafts, a pro bowl QB under 25, and an Oline that’ll be tops in the league for another 3-5 years, and 2 star WRs who are 24 and 25. If we lose some Defenisve guys this offseason Howie will just go out and get more, as he has over the last 6 seasons that amounted in 5 playoff appearances and 7 playoff wins. What bucket did we empty?
Jerry's drunk. Who knows what he means? Just be glad you don't have an owner like ours.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry is an idiot. I hope the eagles win and send jerry tissues for the team and the jones clan.

JayFord

Reaction score
The Eagles did build for the future they have a top 10 pick and a qb whos on a rookie deal who they could trade if they feel after the end of his deal isnt living up to what they want and get picks that way

the eagles could easily re-tool take a 3-14 year and be back in the superbowl by 2027

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Well if waiting over 27 years to even get a sniff of going to the Super Bowl is Jerry's LONG TERM plan, I guess its working. As far as the Eagles betting it all to win this year, that sure looks like a pretty good bet for Philly. I've been a Cowboy fan since 1966, I will never root for another team other than the Dallas Cowboys. But the Jones CLOWN show sure makes it difficult at best.

Bagman

Reaction score
Jery is on year 28 of a solid 30 year rebuild. He's close to where he wants the Cowboys to be. Relevant. He's a lot smarter than he looks. Money, fame, attention, getting his butt kissed and no results required.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

That’s a little overstated. Eagles have to use draft capital on Lane Johnson’s replacement this draft as Johnson has one year left. Kielce‘s time is up, his replacement is on the roster, but is not going to be nearly as good as Kelce. They also need another defensive lineman to replace retiring vets, and not likely to get another Davis in the draft. The bad news is Roseman has a lot of work to do. The good news is he knows to keep both lines above average to have any chance at winning. The NFC East will be a battle next year and Philadelphia is not going to win 14 games again.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OGC.241a95bb31087d39445cd46187855cd4
Philly and Rams worked in one year. Jerry and Stephen are batting a 1000. 28 years straight using their logic:facepalm:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That’s a little overstated. Eagles have to use draft capital on Lane Johnson’s replacement this draft as Johnson has one year left. Kielce‘s time is up, his replacement is on the roster, but is not going to be nearly as good as Kelce. They also need another defensive lineman to replace retiring vets, and not likely to get another Davis in the draft. The bad news is Roseman has a lot of work to do. The good news is he knows to keep both lines above average to have any chance at winning. The NFC East will be a battle next year and Philadelphia is not going to win 14 games again.
Lane said he’ll play a few more years at least, and we have him signed through 2025. Graham also said he’ll continue playing. We do have the 10th overall pick, so getting another Davis is not out of the realm of possibility

Staubacher

Reaction score

None of course. You should be ecstatic the owner/GM of your divsion rival is so arrogant, deluded and clueless.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Umm, Eagles are in great shape after this year as well.
Considering they have a boat load a free agents this offseason, a QB who will be looking to get paid, and a large group of aging key players, I actually don’t think they’re in spectacular position going forward, but that is beside the point. Roseman has proven that his strategy works so I’m not going to question it.