News: PFT: Jerry: No reason Cowboys shouldn't be better than last year

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's the only one we see and hear because he's the only one wanting to be in the spotlight.

Anyone that places any credence in what Booger says going into a season should know better. He's just complimenting himself.
It was a simple statement any GM, Owner or coach have said a million times, lmao.
Why are people taking such a simple statement so personal?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO Jerry is right. Shots fired at the coaching staff. Time to move forward. Scratch that. Time to leap forward.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So should we NOT expect the team to be better than last season?
Because that's literally all Jones said.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their defense was playing great last year. D line got even stronger. Back end got stronger with Landon Collins.
Case Keenum, Haskins are the wildcards.
Doctson started ballin last year in some games. And they got the kid mclaughlin from ohio st. He's pretty good and I believe they brought in jordan matthews.
Their O line is good if they can stay healthy.

Terry McLaurin is the kid from Ohio State, and very good.
Washington was actually leading the division when Smith went down, I believe. They been better than most want to believe. Their D was playing very well, until they played us their D did an 180 for whatever reason.

I think they can make some noise, as to at least spoiler. Depending on the QB play. I can see Keenum starting, and Haskins learning. As Keenum is no Smith, but he can win some games for them. I have a friend, thinks Colt is one of the better QB's in the league, But he is also the biggest UT homer ever, and is not very bright to some things. LOL.

I see them 3rd in the division again, but they have some decent talent on the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their defense was playing great last year.

When was that?

D line got even stronger. Back end got stronger with Landon Collins.

Did it? Who makes their defensive line "even stronger"?

Case Keenum, Haskins are the wildcards.

A much too kind description of "huge weakness".

Doctson started ballin last year in some games. And they got the kid mclaughlin from ohio st.He's pretty good and I believe they brought in jordan matthews.

Right. Declined the fifth year option on the disappointing Doctson and drafted and brought in replace,nets after failing on Paul Richardson last year. A poor group.

Their O line is good if they can stay healthy.

Which they never are.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So should we NOT expect the team to be better than last season?
Because that's literally all Jones said.

They finished what? 7-1 down the stretch after the Cooper trade? They beat the Super Bowl champs not once, but twice, as well as a one loss New Orleans Saints powerhouse.

Who exactly did this team lose that would set them back?

Conversely, who have they gained, along with the return of their Pro Bowl center?

If they're not better than last year, there's something wrong with the coaching that needs to be corrected.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They finished what? 7-1 down the stretch after the Cooper trade? They beat the Super Bowl champs not once, but twice, as well as a one loss New Orleans Saints powerhouse.

Conversely, who have they gained, along with the return of their Pro Bowl center?

If they're not better than last year, there's something wrong with the coaching that needs to be corrected.
I mean, you could argue losing Beasley? Terrance Williams? Maybe, but I wouldn't.
We've added a lot more than what we got rid of in terms of talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

We beat the Super Bowl champs twice? Lol

I must have missed that . I don’t recall playing the Patriots.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, you could argue losing Beasley? Cobb effectively replaces Beasley in my opinion. His numbers are as good or better and his a more experienced savvy veteran and a better team guy.

Terrance Williams? Maybe, but I wouldn't.

A knucklehead who owes his career to Tony Romo. He'll be lucky o even get a job in the league. Addition by subtraction. I'd love to see someone try to make the case where he's a loss of any kind.

We've added a lot more than what we got rid of in terms of talent.

By a wide margin. Between additions, returning players, the draft, and young player improvement? I'd love to hear anyone make the case where this team isn't better.

pansophy

Reaction score
One reason - strength of schedule should be harder. I'm not sure we are actually better or worse season to season and instead our record just goes up and down based on the strength of schedule we are playing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean the Super Bowl Champ Egirls from 2017 who swept us convincingly ?

You figure it out, everyone else is able to, quite easily. Take all the time you need. You can't even get your history right. I'm done discussing something that is so simple for anyone with intelligence to understand.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’d call that attempting a spin to support a narrative.
Using the previous year champs who swept us.
Uh... yeah. Whatever you say champ. In one eye and out the other on that one.