News: PFT: Jimmy Johnson ripped Jerry Jones' claim that Eagles bet it all for one year

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So why isn't Tom Coughlin in the HOF?

2 super bowl championships and won 170 games?

Does Jimmy Johnson's career really compare with HOF Bill Parcells? 2 super bowls, went to an AFC CC game with a different team and won 300 games.
I'm sure Coughlin will get in the HOF eventually. Look how long Jimmy had to wait. And yea Jimmy does compare favorably to Parcells. His team won 3 SBs in 4 years. And don't give me Switzer was the coach. Just look at that video of Aikman yelling at the coaching in Dallas after Jimmy left. The team Jimmy built was so good it coasted a few more years before it fell. If anything Aikman was the coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who is "a lot you" ? You think you are special? LOL!!! You are just another guy on a fan forum like the rest of us pal. Nothing special about your opinion or really anyone else's here. Just a bunch of dumb knuckle-draggers that could only dream to work for a NFL team. Get over yourself.
Lol what a weird response.

You’re on a fan forum. What do you expect?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any doubt over who was to blame for their breakup is cleared up more and more each year Jerry the Joke Jones doesn’t put him in the ROH. I hope he finally does put him in and Jimmy tells him to shove it.

Sydla

Reaction score

Does Jimmy Johnson's career really compare with HOF Bill Parcells? 2 super bowls, went to an AFC CC game with a different team and won 300 games.
Because he just became eligible in 2021. Usually takes years after being eligible before they get in. He'll get in.

You have to wait at least 5 years post retirement before eligible. Jimmy Johnson waited around 20 years post retirement before he got the nod.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think Jimmy's getting to the point that he doesn't care anymore. The longer Jerry keeps him out of the ROH and the longer Jerry tries to run the team his way, the better Jimmy looks. He's in the HOF now. He's been validated.
True, I hope that jimmy can get in while he is alive.
I think Stephen will put him in once Jerry passes.

pitt33

Reaction score
Which is really weird to me. How does he belong in the HOF? 2 super bowls and 80 wins?

He had a huge part in building those super bowl teams but not sure it is HOF worthy. If he did it again in Miami I would see it.
I think there’s a lot of ex-players and coaches in the HOF who really don’t belong there. What kills me is all these players turned analysts/announcers who get it.

The football HOF is one of the easier halls to get into to. The baseball HOF is the legitimate shrine to truly great players.

Reactions: Ken

Creeper

Reaction score
No one knows what Jerry was talking about. No one agrees with Jerry. It was a stupid comment coming from a guy who has nothing to show for his efforts over the last 28 years. I don't know why anyone puts a microphone in front of Jerry anymore other than to get a controversial quote that grows legs.

I can understand him saying what he said about the Rams. But the Eagles are embarrassing Jerry with their almost perfect team building strategy.

On the other hand, I don't completely agree with Jimmy that the Eagles will be good for a long time. The Eagles have some core players who are aging and have maybe a year or two left. I know they have 1st round draft picks to replace those players but anyone who has watched Jerry try to replicate the Cowboys 1990s success knows catching lightning in a bottle is not as easy as it sounds. When Kelce, Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham and a few others fade, the Eagles will come back to earth, especially after they have to pay their QB. This is not a guarantee because the Eagles seem to be willing to cut players loose for draft picks in order to try to improve their roster. But it is really hard to build a dynasty in the NFL and keep it going with the salary CAP.

I guess the question for the Eagles is, I Hurts really that good, or is he benefitting from a great team around him? Will Hurts be the same player when he doesn't have that great OL in front of him? I am really curious to see this.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think there’s a lot of ex-players and coaches in the HOF who really don’t belong there. What kills me is all these players turned analysts/announcers who get it.

The football HOF is one of the easier halls to get into to. The baseball HOF is the legitimate shrine to truly great players.
Was. MLB is starting to ruin their HOF. Rolen is the latest example. Good player, not great.

kskboys

Reaction score
No one knows what Jerry was talking about. No one agrees with Jerry. It was a stupid comment coming from a guy who has nothing to show for his efforts over the last 28 years. I don't know why anyone puts a microphone in front of Jerry anymore other than to get a controversial quote that grows legs.

I can understand him saying what he said about the Rams. But the Eagles are embarrassing Jerry with their almost perfect team building strategy.

On the other hand, I don't completely agree with Jimmy that the Eagles will be good for a long time. The Eagles have some core players who are aging and have maybe a year or two left. I know they have 1st round draft picks to replace those players but anyone who has watched Jerry try to replicate the Cowboys 1990s success knows catching lightning in a bottle is not as easy as it sounds. When Kelce, Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham and a few others fade, the Eagles will come back to earth, especially after they have to pay their QB. This is not a guarantee because the Eagles seem to be willing to cut players loose for draft picks in order to try to improve their roster. But it is really hard to build a dynasty in the NFL and keep it going with the salary CAP.

I guess the question for the Eagles is, I Hurts really that good, or is he benefitting from a great team around him? Will Hurts be the same player when he doesn't have that great OL in front of him? I am really curious to see this.
Comes down to how they use their multiple 1/2 round picks in the next 2 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s not about comparing them to others . Each is selected on their own merit and impact.

And Coughlin could still get in some day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry will NEVER put Jimmy in the ring. I don't think Jimmy even cares anymore. I think he realizes Jerry is a liar and dug in.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would he care at this point? It’s basically meaningless after the last 30 years. The way this franchise hangs onto the past is pathetic.
Jimmy doesn't care, and he never brings it up accept when directly asked about it like during his HOF induction week. He has never put any media or public pressure on Jerry to put him in the ROH. Thats the job of fans.

Jerry doesn't hang onto the past so much as try to continually recreate it. His football ideas haven't progressed past 1993. The salary cap and free agency that he championed have put success beyond his football acumen.