News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

conner01

Reaction score
Elliott wasn't charged.

That conduct detrimental is all about protecting that shield, Goodell's #1 job. If you think most people acquainted with this situation think Joseph should avoid all punishment, I do not agree.

He was not changed in exchange for identifying the shooters because they believe he did not participate. As to what Joseph knew they were going to do when they found that guy, we will never know.

Any player witnesses a murder and fails to report it and actually knows the perps is going to catch the league's attention. He could get anywhere from 6 games to the season to indefinitely. There isn't a template for this that I can recall except Lewis and the NFLPA will weigh in but they've got to be image conscious as well. And Lewis was not a Cowboy.
I’d be willing to get if he is suspended it’s no more than one game unless other info comes out and the suspension would be about being involved in the fight
Zeke got a raw deal and I think the league knows it was a raw deal and off field suspension aren’t as common as just a few years ago unless they involve domestic violence
Lewis got nothing and it was a different time but a somewhat similar incident
The biggest issue for him isn’t a suspension, it’s making better decisions of who you hang out with. Obviously he needs new friends or he will end up out of football and broke

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is it unreasonable to believe the only reason he hasn't been arrested is because he went in with his lawyer?

Is it also unreasonable to believe he can get a better lawyer than his friends because of his privileged position in society?

Are you sure you're not giving him the benefit of the doubt because he plays sportsball?

I am not interested in your supposition. I'm fine with the job the Dallas DA is doing as I stated.

conner01

Reaction score
He's not going to be charged because he most likely fingered the perpetrators. Or do you also think it's coincidence they made arrests the day after he talked?

Also, the statute says, "a reasonable person would have believed that an offense had been committed that would result in serious bodily harm or death." Nothing about, "knowing."

But let's explore that- you're acting as though this happened in a bubble. Do you think he witnessed the shooting and none of them talked about it afterwards? You think the person didn't say anything about whether they hit their target?
Who knows what he knew but they drove off immediately and may very well not have known the shots hit anyone
I don’t know if he fingered them or just confirmed what they already knew. I’d bet they already knew who all of them were

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who knows what he knew but they drove off immediately and may very well not have known the shots hit anyone
I don’t know if he fingered them or just confirmed what they already knew. I’d bet they already knew who all of them were
I doubt they weren't looking when they fired the guns, and it seems unlikely that Ray just kept moving without the bullet affecting his motion upon impact. I'd be incredulous to hear that none of them knew, and assuming any one of them saw it, I'd be nearly as incredulous to hear that they didn't discuss that fact in the car.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

On the one hand he complains that KJ didn't go to police and that makes him culpable. Apparently him cooperating with the police also means he was culpable.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He has a contract
Suspending his pay in a collective bargaining agreement is pretty complicated
Very, very rarely would a court allow you to suspend a contract but still hold the rights granted in that contract
Instead, they'll just fine him for the amount they would've withheld, if they could have...If they decide to take any action at all.

Flamma

Reaction score
Is it unreasonable to believe the only reason he hasn't been arrested is because he went in with his lawyer?

Is it also unreasonable to believe he can get a better lawyer than his friends because of his privileged position in society?

Are you sure you're not giving him the benefit of the doubt because he plays sportsball?

Something is odd about this whole thing. You may be right on a few points. Normally if something like this happens and the police have to track them down, everyone in the vehicle would get arrested. They'll sort out the rest later. In some cases all get charged.

Of course I'm hoping he's innocent for football reasons. I don't know the guy otherwise.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Based on what though? Are we to assume people at the place knew who they were? Just because someone is on video doesn't mean they can be identified. I assume they didn't have a clear shot of the tags on the vehicle. I mean, they went to the media asking for help identifying and he went in the next day and then they made arrests. Occam's razor.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Something is odd about this whole thing. You may be right on a few points. Normally if something like this happens and the police have to track them down, everyone in the vehicle would get arrested. They'll sort out the rest later. In some cases all get charged.

Of course I'm hoping he's innocent for football reasons. I don't know the guy otherwise.
From the reports we've seen, it seems to me that someone close to the Cowboys organization recognized KJ and called the team directly, and the team advised him to go to the police and get ahead of the situation. Whether he made a deal or convinced them he was innocent remains to be seen.

Flamma

Reaction score
From the reports we've seen, it seems to me that someone close to the Cowboys organization recognized KJ and called the team directly, and the team advised him to go to the police and get ahead of the situation. Whether he made a deal or convinced them he was innocent remains to be seen.

Ok, that sounds plausible. But either way, it's a very bad situation. Being an occupant of a vehicle during a drive by requires a lot of explaining. But what you said and a good lawyer was probably a good idea.

Haimerej

Reaction score

I hadn't heard that part. That's even worse, imo. Lol

Haimerej

Reaction score
According to the report posted previously (not sure if confirmed), the Cowboys convinced him to go to the police. The rest I pretty much extrapolated from there.

So he was caught by his boss. Wow. I thought he had just seen the news and went to his lawyer. I bet Jerry got him the lawyer. This poor, underprivileged youth. I'm surprised he didn't shank Stephen and try to get away. I mean... reasons and all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'm inclined to stick to the position of a guy being innocent until he's proven guilty!

Let's support this young player freely, as long he well maintains his innocence. :cool:
LOL not that is not how the court of public opinion works, the "keyboard" lawyers, prosecutors, and law clerks will be along shortly to explain why