News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Whatever. Keep signaling.

Still stinging for outlining what you are doing as virtue signaling. I really liked the part I described your argument, you denied it and then I quoted the salient portions of your narrative.

You remind me of the the proverbial overly righteous member of a congregation that you need be wary of.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Still stinging for outlining what you are doing as virtue signaling. I really liked the part I described your argument, you denied it and then I quoted the salient portions of your narrative.

You remind me of the the proverbial overly righteous member of a congregation that you need be ware of.

Sure.

You inferred that my making a moral claim is about nothing more than expressing my own morality. Well done. Do you feel smart?

As I said then- how boring.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I associate not going to police and and pleading the fifth to be along the same lines...you're hiding information.

I've seen these high profile court cases where high profile individuals plead the fifth many times...even your beloved military personnel do it.

But Joseph is the devil when he doesn't talk and needs to be put away for ever.. even when not a single person here knows if he had the intent to harm or kill that night.

Nit a single one of you know that. Joseph is the devil though. You're only allowed to kill for oil. Makes sense.

Sure does seem like some posters here are promoting trapping people. Because that's fair and alright
Pleading the fifth doesn't make you any less culpable for any crime you may have committed. Nor does it disallow the information you're choosing not to disclose from being brought to light by someone else, and being used against you. In that way, the two concepts are similar.

Also, who's saying he should be put away forever?

And the "You're only allowed to kill for oil." comment is part of a taboo subject here in CowboysZone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sure.

You inferred that my making a moral claim is about nothing more than expressing my own morality. Well done. Do you feel smart?

As I said then- how boring.

Then your "own morality" includes arbitrating what it right and wrong for everyone in both of these threads. Other viewpoints are described as 'excuses' by you repeatedly.

It's obvious taking what you say at face value is a pointless endeavor.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Pleading the fifth doesn't make you any less culpable for any crime you may have committed. Nor does it disallow the information you're choosing not to disclose from being brought to light by someone else, and being used against you. In that way, the two concepts are similar.

Also, who's saying he should be put away forever?

And the "You're only allowed to kill for oil." comment is part of a taboo subject here in CowboysZone.

Invoking the 5th by definition is not an admission of guilt. His point is that it is inconclusive just like failure to report.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Then your "own morality" includes arbitrating what it right and wrong for everyone in both of these threads. Other viewpoints are described as 'excuses' by you repeatedly.

It's obvious taking what you say at face value is a pointless endeavor.

Sorry to hurt your feelings. But the people who are talking to me don't seem to mind.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Big mike on KJ, "it surprises us every day at practice when he shows up. he's borderline ******** and it surprises us he can find his way to the practice field. No way he knew what was going on in the seat just in front or behind him. He probably thought the gunshots were some sounds from a gangster rap song.":

sarcasm, maybe

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Big mike on KJ, "it surprises us every day at practice when he shows up. he's borderline ******** and it surprises us he can find his way to the practice field. No way he knew what was going on in the seat just in front or behind him. He probably thought the gunshots were some sounds from a gangster rap song.":

sarcasm, maybe
Bacon rocks!:yourock:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Invoking the 5th by definition is not an admission of guilt. His point is that it is inconclusive just like failure to report.
I didn't say or imply that it's an admission of guilt. I explained that the information one is hiding can still be used against him by someone else who knows, just like someone could inform the police that KJ was at the scene, even if he hadn't come forward. It's likely the only reason he did.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I didn't say or imply that it's an admission of guilt. I explained that the information one is hiding can still be used against him by someone else who knows, just like someone could inform the police that KJ was at the seen, even if he hadn't come forward. It's likely the only reason he did.

I get that. I was just speaking to what his initial point was. It's pretty obvious that he didn't want to go to the police; that is why he is saying that you cannot infer guilt from that.

At this point, they've made arrests and KJ is at practice, and the Ray family is keeping to themselves.

Dallas DA is doing their thing and I see no reason to think that they would not do best practice given the high profile nature of this case and it being an election year.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I get that. I was just speaking to what his initial point was. It's pretty obvious that he didn't want to go to the police; that is why he is saying that you cannot infer guilt from that.

At this point, they've made arrests and KJ is at practice, and the Ray family is keeping to themselves.

Dallas DA is doing their thing and I see no reason to think that they would not do best practice given the high profile nature of this case and it being an election year.

Is it unreasonable to believe the only reason he hasn't been arrested is because he went in with his lawyer?

Is it also unreasonable to believe he can get a better lawyer than his friends because of his privileged position in society?

Are you sure you're not giving him the benefit of the doubt because he plays sportsball?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This secondary could certainly use a motivated focused talented athletic presence like Joseph.
I hope he is truly innocent of any and all charges, not only as a selfish fan, but for his soul as well.
There is a growth movement taking place on this very young defense and Joseph being a part of that would be significant.