News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Both can be true, when they happen a month apart.

Sure and the Dallas DA, who has authority and is better informed in every way as to this case, decided to charge two of the five of his party and chose not to charge the other three.

I am not speaking supposition for a reason. You can suppose anyone to guilt in our position.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sure and the Dallas DA, who has authority and is better informed in every way as to this case, decided to charge two of the five of his party and chose not to charge the other three.

I am not speaking supposition for a reason. You can suppose anyone to guilt in our position.
At this point, two are charged with the shooting. It's entirely possible the others (I thought there were 4 in total, but I could be mistaken.) will be charged with lesser crimes once the investigation is over. We all know DAs make deals to get the bigger fish, and I don't understand why you have a problem with people discussing that possibility. We're not the jury deciding his guilt or innocence. We're on a discussion board discussing our opinions.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Unless kJs friends implement him...claim in questioning that he was instigating and egging on this drive by...he's innocent.

Guy down the street from me claimed to kill multiple people in Afghanistan/iraq....and he carries guns and is called a hero.

Why is kj being made out to be a devil when it's very possible he had no intent to harm or kill anyone?

You bots keep bickering

Haimerej

Reaction score
Unless kJs friends implement him...claim in questioning that he was instigating and egging on this drive by...he's innocent.

Guy down the street from me claimed to kill multiple people in Afghanistan/iraq....and he carries guns and is called a hero.

Why is kj being made out to be a devil when it's very possible he had no intent to harm or kill anyone?

You bots keep bickering

KJ is being made out to be someone who witnessed a murder and didn't tell the police until he was publicly identified as a person of interest. Get over it.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
KJ is being made out to be someone who witnessed a murder and didn't tell the police until he was publicly identified as a person of interest. Get over it.

Definitely should not end his career over this if that's all you can muster up on him

Haimerej

Reaction score
At this point, two are charged with the shooting. It's entirely possible the others (I thought there were 4 in total, but I could be mistaken.) will be charged with lesser crimes once the investigation is over. We all know DAs make deals to get the bigger fish, and I don't understand why you have a problem with people discussing that possibility. We're not the jury deciding his guilt or innocence. We're on a discussion board discussing our opinions.

He'd rather project his moralizing onto me in the guise of mere observation. Notice how much he talks of my motives. Boring and sad attempt at ad hominem.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
mike said this because jerry told him to say it.
I just find it odd they feel this needs to be said now.
And he included based on the info we have now lol, which is an out if they need it, as in well we didnt have that info at the time.

Jerry will keep and play him regardless if he gets suspended , and I doubt he does any jail time, not with jerry supporting him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

It's a free country, write what you want.

I am not interested in ham's supposition because the only considered outcomes are the worst possible outcomes. It borders on wishcasting.

And sure the DA went out of his way to reassert his right to press new charges and he can at any point. I'm not sure what new evidence or witness could be found but anything is possible.

The DA didn't need to make a deal. They had leverage because of the failure to report statute. If he hadn't cooperated they had a felony over his head. If one of the other witnesses had made them think he was an accessory or the shooter he wouldn't get a pass.

DanA

Reaction score
He has a contract
Suspending his pay in a collective bargaining agreement is pretty complicated
Very, very rarely would a court allow you to suspend a contract but still hold the rights granted in that contract

Not saying don’t pay him. This isn’t about money, pay him his contract, just have him to train externally.

DanA

Reaction score

Because he’s a party to an open murder investigation and until it’s resolved I wouldn’t have him or his boys near the training facility.

Me personally, I would have an employee code of conduct, and accessory to murder/failure to report a murder would fall squarely in breach of it.

It isn’t about fake outrage or some moral high ground either. It’s about following through with standards you supposedly hold players accountable to. If you expect a certain standard of behavior, you’ve got to enforce it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Because he’s a party to an open murder investigation and until it’s resolved I wouldn’t have him or his boys near the training facility.

Me personally, I would have a employee code of conduct, and accessory to murder, failure to report a miser would fall squarely in breach of it.

It isn’t about fake outrage or some moral high ground either. It’s about following through with standards you supposedly hold players accountable to.

You are making quite an assumption that the Dallas DA considers him a suspect of anything.

The standards they are held to contractually regard felony convictions. He has not even been charged.

DanA

Reaction score
You are making quite an assumption that the Dallas DA considers him a suspect of anything.

I’m not assuming anything.
  • He was in the fight
  • He was in the car
  • He kept his mouth shut for a month without telling the franchise.
That should be in breach of the player code of conduct.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I’m not assuming anything.
  • He was in the fight
  • He was in the car
  • He kept his mouth shut for a month without telling the franchise.
That should be in breach of the player code of conduct.

And none of that is a felony conviction. The Dallas DA knows all that and isn't charging him. You want to punish him anyway?

And police are only suspended like that when they are charged. All of that is hashed out in LEOBOR laws. They are not suspended just because they become a person of interest in an investigation. That is also hashed out in LEOBOR law.

And he told the Cowboys. They said in their press release they had been encouraging him to come forward.

Last edited: