News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

Flamma

Reaction score
They may
But if he’s never charged with anything then the only thing they really can find him for is being in a fight
I get the league try’s to protect its image but I think in many cases they over step regulating the life of players while ignoring the lives of owners
The owner in Miami is accused in court filings of attempting to fix games, which is a federal crime and he’s not suspended without pay and won’t be fined
The league needs to look in the mirror

A few things here my friend. He'll be fined or suspended in accordance to the CBA and how it's interpreted. Like with Zeke, the NFL doesn't have to care what the legal system says or does.

It is also not a federal crime to fix games in the NFL. They are categorized as sports entertainment. It's a serious issue and would be punished severely by the league if they have enough proof. But it isn't punishable by law.

There are certain sporting competitions that are illegal to fix. Football isn't one of them.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Perhaps you should read the whole thread then? I don't blame you

Yesterday, he made a claim about what it seemed like. My point is there is nothing to make it seem like that.

I'm not going to wait around another day for him to admit that there is nothing to make it seem like that. The writing is on the wall and I have better things to do.
What makes you think I have not read the entire thread except for the fact you like to talk down to people?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What makes you think I have not read the entire thread except for the fact you like to talk down to people?

You obviously didn't know where I was coming from so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. That is not talking down to you.

If you read the thread for the past 2 days then I don't understand why you would say that to me.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Am I the only person who can see the appeal of Nietzsche to a Stern fan? Long-winded diatribes about how stupid everyone else is?

who said i was a stern fan? I just knew what a shock bot was supposed to mean. what he did hank the dwarf preclude me being a fan of him.

as for nietzsche, he's a very mixed bag I like some of what he says particularly the subjective nature of morality and the objective nature of reality. His stuff about pericles versus socrates and all that engenders not so much.

I like Mill much better.

DonaldM

Reaction score
He'll get in on a free spread or two a day simply for making a NFL team. Johnny Utah.

Haimerej

Reaction score
who said i was a stern fan? I just knew what a shock bot was supposed to mean. what he did hank the dwarf preclude me being a fan of him.

as for nietzsche, he's a very mixed bag I like some of what he says particularly the subjective nature of morality and the objective nature of reality. His stuff about pericles versus socrates and all that engenders not so much.

I like Mill much better.

If it leads to a rejection of idealism it's self-defeating. If taking a stand that right is right regardless of legal processes is merely sound and fury, unworthy of time, then why speak about morality anywhere outside the halls of legislation? You're playing some zero-sum game with speech in an effort to undermine.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps you should read the whole thread then? I don't blame you

Yesterday, he made a claim about what it seemed like the Cowboys statements infered. My point is there is nothing to make it seem like that given they only made one statement.

I'm not going to wait around another day for him to admit that there is nothing to make it seem like that. The writing is on the wall and I have better things to do.
*implied

I said the reports we've seen, not the Cowboys statements. The article I linked was the type of, if not the same report to which I was referring. No need for you to wait, you can just go away now. I've seen enough of your cherry picking bits and pieces of posts, to continue arguing a point that was never made.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure about you guys but If I'm riding around with fools packing I prolly know about it.
Probably, but not definitely, and even at that, it's another thing to expect the people you're with to actually use the weapons without provocation. I still hope KJ had no idea it would go so far, but obviously we can't be certain of anything in that regard at this point.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Probably, but not definitely, and even at that, it's another thing to expect the people you're with to actually use the weapons without provocation. I still hope KJ had no idea it would go so far, but obviously we can't be certain of anything in that regard at this point.

How much time passed between the fight and the shooting? Did they have to drive in their direction because of parking or did they seek them out?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If it leads to a rejection of idealism it's self-defeating. If taking a stand that right is right regardless of legal processes is merely sound and fury, unworthy of time, then why speak about morality anywhere outside the halls of legislation? You're playing some zero-sum game with speech in an effort to undermine.

If you say so. Creating a value system in a situation where there is a real value system with a high degree of authority already seems self defeating to me.

He is saying basically "actions not words" when it comes to morals or in his specific case "what you value."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How much time passed between the fight and the shooting? Did they have to drive in their direction because of parking or did they seek them out?
I don't know the answer to either of those questions. I want to say they just happened to see him on their way out, because they didn't stop the car, but I can't be sure.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
1 of the articles I read said he only kinda knew 1 of the people he was hanging around with And there is nothing that proves when he contacted the police. Could have been the same night I think he contacted the Cowboys or Jerry 1st same night they called a lawyer and he contacted the police.

Haimerej

Reaction score
If you say so. Creating a value system in a situation where there is a real value system with a high degree of authority already seems self defeating to me.

He is saying basically "actions not words" when it comes to morals.

Which leads you back to all those assumptions you made about my motivations.

You know the other problem with giving people opportunity after opportunity is the people seeing it. It reinforces the idea that there are different rules in society. Privileged people come out better and we just have to accept that. This guy being in a drive by vehicle and not reporting it until his face was on the news is understandable because have you looked at his measurables? We're all expecting him to step up in his 2nd year...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
*implied

I said the reports we've seen, not the Cowboys statements. The article I linked was the type of, if not the same report to which I was referring. No need for you to wait, you can just go away now. I've seen enough of your cherry picking bits and pieces of posts, to continue arguing a point that was never made.

And I said there was nothing of the sort in those reports. you haven't quoted any portion or really made an argument likely cause you cannot. its really damn easy and a skill most americans learn in middle school so I am guessing you capable.

yeah i indeed "cherry picked" you making up stories that discredit KJ. It's been one of my central points.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Which leads you back to all those assumptions you made about my motivations.

You know the other problem with giving people opportunity after opportunity is the people seeing it. It reinforces the idea that there are different rules in society. Privileged people come out better and we just have to accept that. This guy being in a drive by vehicle and not reporting it until his face was on the news is understandable because have you looked at his measurables? We're all expecting him to step up in his 2nd year...

Actually the whole Nietzsche thing is talking about what you are doing. I am not talking about your motivations for why.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And I said there was nothing of the sort in those reports. you haven't quoted any portion or really made an argument likely cause you cannot. its really damn easy and a skill most americans learn in middle school so I am guessing you capable.

yeah i indeed "cherry picked" you making up stories that discredit KJ. It's been one of my central points.
The only thing I said about the reports is that they stated the Cowboys encouraged KJ to go to the police. That item is part of what helped form my OPINION that I've repeated several times to you.

Now, what "stories" have I made up (if you're not referring to what I've repeatedly stated was my OPINION of what probably happened) and in what way have I tried to discredit KJ?