News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

Haimerej

Reaction score

Looks like the police were, "flooded with tips," after releasing the video. Ray's stepmother even reached out to the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The DA is only worried about the killers. Failure to report is nothing compared to getting the shooters. That is the dirty deal they make with Joseph.
There are no attaboy’s for nailing failure to report.

No one should fault the DA with giving Joseph a pass to get two killers off the street.

Now, what the league office will do remains to be seen.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There are no attaboy’s for nailing failure to report.

No one should fault the DA with giving Joseph a pass to get two killers off the street.

Now, what the league office will do remains to be seen.
The league will suspend him. They just want to wait until the criminal process is done. They will talk to the Ray family and Joseph. Then give him 6 games. I think the suspension will be for optics.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was a good episode. They're all good, really, but as you mentioned, the timing was perfect. They get completely innocent people to confess to crimes they had nothing to do with, and they're allowed to flat out like to the people they're interrogating. After hours of this, the people start wondering if they're remembering things wrong, and eventually figure, "Well, if this cop is saying my fingerprints are on the murder weapon and they have me on video, I guess I must have killed the guy."
*Lie, not like.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league will suspend him. They just want to wait until the criminal process is done. They will talk to the Ray family and Joseph. Then give him 6 games. I think the suspension will be for optics.
I think they will too and because of the same reason Elliott got 6. Just like Elliott did with that stupid stunt at the parade which many people saw, Joseph was on video street fighting. He is connected to the crime for if not for the fight, maybe that 20 year old is still alive.

In the Elliott case, one of those four panelists even admitted that influenced their thinking.

Joseph had a ? coming in, the league office will get his attention as well as Booger's, who seems to really like these types of players in every draft. Goodell would like to make him pay every time. And this was before the story of Booger and Snyder wanting to get Goodell fired.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think they will too and because of the same reason Elliott got 6. Just like Elliott did with that stupid stunt at the parade which many people saw, Joseph was on video street fighting. He is connected to the crime for if not for the fight, maybe that 20 year old is still alive.

In the Elliott case, one of those four panelists even admitted that influenced their thinking.

Joseph had a ? coming in, the league office will get his attention as well as Booger's, who seems to really like these types of players in every draft. Goodell would like to make him pay every time. And this was before the story of Booger and Snyder wanting to get Goodell fired.
Zeke suspension was because of the issues with domestic violence around the league at the time. Groups were coming at the NFL strong after the Ray Rice video. Zeke being next up and a Cowboy made the league look tough.
From the reports Booger and son know everything about the the shooting. They probably told Joseph what lawyer to hire. From what we know about the Joneses influence in DFW the Cowboys probably know if the DA will charge Joseph with anything. The way the team is acting, I don’t think anything criminally will come out of this. I expect an agreed upon suspension of 6 games as Bossman’s punishment.

conner01

Reaction score
A few things here my friend. He'll be fined or suspended in accordance to the CBA and how it's interpreted. Like with Zeke, the NFL doesn't have to care what the legal system says or does.

It is also not a federal crime to fix games in the NFL. They are categorized as sports entertainment. It's a serious issue and would be punished severely by the league if they have enough proof. But it isn't punishable by law.

There are certain sporting competitions that are illegal to fix. Football isn't one of them.
Actually it is a federal crime to fix a game
18 U.S. Code § 224 -

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Yall bots still flip flopping and cherry picking?

Let's lock up people with no intent to harm or kill. Reasonable.

Lets lock up Joseph for not talking earlier...because shady gov earn ment says that's the rules.

Kj has his own life to worry about.

Flamma

Reaction score
Actually it is a federal crime to fix a game
18 U.S. Code § 224 -

Totally different thing. That's the sports bribery act. Again, it is totally legal to FIX NFL games just like they do wrestling. They are both under the same category. For Christ sakes, just look up sports entertainment. I can't believe people still believe fixing NFL games is illegal. It's like I'm living in the twilight zone.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Right. Just keep on proving my point about, "understanding = tepid excuse making." You say I don't, "understand," simply because I hold him accountable for being in the car, bankrolling his crew, and keeping quiet for a month about a murder until his own butt was on the line. Because I say that's enough for me and I don't care about your assertion that he doesn't trust police, I don't, "understand," and now I'm incapable of reason.

Keep flinging poop, maybe it'll stick.

You are accusing KJ of stuff not even the police are accusing him of "bankrolling his crew" Really Dude. What's your deal anyway? Seriously what's your deal

Haimerej

Reaction score
You are accusing KJ of stuff not even the police are accusing him of "bankrolling his crew" Really Dude. What's your deal anyway? Seriously what's your deal

KJ has made $3.9 million since signing with the Cowboys. You think those guys were taking him out or was he most likely footing the bill for their evening?

Haimerej

Reaction score
My "deal," has been made pretty clear.

I don't think Joseph should be given a pass because he's an athlete. He's been gifted a college education. When he screwed up at one school he just went to the next. Then he gets drafted into a millionaire club.

Now he's been in the vehicle of a drive-by murder and kept his mouth shut until he was publicly identified as a person of interest. But we're supposed to just act like he's being victimized now because people want him held accountable?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
My "deal," has been made pretty clear.

I don't think Joseph should be given a pass because he's an athlete. He's been gifted a college education. When he screwed up at one school he just went to the next. Then he gets drafted into a millionaire club.

Now he's been in the vehicle of a drive-by murder and kept his mouth shut until he was publicly identified as a person of interest. But we're supposed to just act like he's being victimized now because people want him held accountable?

Okay I hear you and agree on the victimization stuff. I believe it destroying society. Well It's destroying a segment of society, but that another talk for another day.

The part I have a problem with is you said He "Bankrolled the whole thing what's that all about. Nobodies alleging that. That is a racketeering change and much more serious.

Look KJ is in a bad situation or was in a bad situation. But people don't ask for the guys head unless they are Pre Disposed to not liking the kid.

As an aside I would like to add the kid that got shot, wasn't exactly shopping for mother's day gifts at the time of his demise. So before we canonize the guy. Let's not George Floyd him too soon. It was an altercation

Gone way too far.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No, if he wants to stay out of prison he's going to have to change his nickname to Bossman Snitch. And I bet he does it. Then do it again in a public courtroom.

That's fine. You don't care about the systems issues or double standards.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay I hear you and agree on the victimization stuff. I believe it destroying society. Well It's destroying a segment of society, but that another talk for another day.

The part I have a problem with is you said He "Bankrolled the whole thing what's that all about. Nobodies alleging that. That is a racketeering change and much more serious.

Look KJ is in a bad situation or was in a bad situation. But people don't ask for the guys head unless they are Pre Disposed to not liking the kid.

As an aside I would like to add the kid that got shot, wasn't exactly shopping for mother's day gifts at the time of his demise. So before we canonize the guy. Let's not George Floyd him too soon. It was an altercation

Gone way too far.
When he says "bankrolling", he means paying their way into the club and whatnot.

The kid (Ray) who was shot, wasn't innocent during the fight, but he was walking away, long after the fight was over, and didn't seem to do anything to deserve dying.

As for KJ, I'm waiting until we have a better picture of everything that went on, from the fight to the time he talked to the cops, before I form an opinion of him. I do think he should've reported it immediately, especially if, as @Cowpolk has said, he only "kind of" knew one of the guys he was with...but I can't even be 100% sure he doesn't have a good reason for not doing so. I really hope we find out that he's better than he appears at this point in time.