News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Let's lock people up whom don't have intent to harm or kill in their minds...even if we can't prove it

Reasonable

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They feel it’s important to support him because they invested a second round pick on him. We’ll see how long they continue to support him. No guarantees he’s still on the team opening day.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mean if he didn’t commit the crime and snitched on those who did (they ended up getting arrested) then legally he’s in the clear. He’s probably been granted immunity for his testimony which is pretty common.

Morality and ethics aside if we are talking about his legal ability to play he should be fine based on the current information we have. Now he could definitely get a 4-6 game conduct detrimental suspension but that’s not going to alter their plans for him.

The fact that he was friends with the ones who committed the murder and was at the scene of the crime puts his character in serious question. Even if he’s cleared this could cause the Cowboys to move on from him. There were character concerns about him prior to the Cowboys draft him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I associate not going to police and and pleading the fifth to be along the same lines...you're hiding information.

I've seen these high profile court cases where high profile individuals plead the fifth many times...even your beloved military personnel do it.

But Joseph is the devil when he doesn't talk and needs to be put away for ever.. even when not a single person here knows if he had the intent to harm or kill that night.

Nit a single one of you know that. Joseph is the devil though. You're only allowed to kill for oil. Makes sense.

Sure does seem like some posters here are promoting trapping people. Because that's fair and alright

Pleading the fifth on the stand is not the same as not coming forth in a criminal investigation. A prosecutor's case is not dependent upon you testifying against yourself, i.e., self-incrimination (unless you confess to the crime). A police officer's case is dependent upon those who witness a crime.

Furthermore, pleading the fifth has to do with the person incriminating himself. On the stand, you can't - per the Fifth Amendment - incriminate yourself. But you can be held in contempt of court if you do not answer the prosecutor's questions about OTHER evidence pertaining to the case.

Finally, exactly how are posters promoting trapping people? :huh:

KJ was at the scene of a crime. That's indisputable.
Someone was killed. That's indisputable.
Based on video footage and the testimony of KJ's lawyer, the police brought KJ in to talk about the case - which is what police are suppose to do.
How was anyone "trapping" him?

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
Let's lock people up whom don't have intent to harm or kill in their minds...even if we can't prove it

Reasonable

We lock poeple up who harm others without intent all the time. Intent doesn't make crime. "I didn't mean to do it," doesn't matter if it was done. It's a fact he didn't go to the police until he was publicly identified. That's enough for most people.

Mannix

Reaction score
If Booger is smart, he will talk as if Joseph has no shot at starting this year....but he will no doubt pump him up so much that The Goon will give him 10 games.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Pleading the fifth on the stand is not the same as not coming forth in a criminal investigation. A prosecutor's case is not dependent upon you testifying against yourself, i.e., self-incrimination. A police officer's case is dependent upon those who witness a crime.

Furthermore, pleading the fifth has to do with the person incriminating himself. On the stand, you can't - per the Fifth Amendment - incriminate yourself. But you can be held in contempt of court if you do not answer the prosecutor's questions about OTHER evidence pertaining to the case.

Finally, exactly how are posters promoting trapping people? :huh:

KJ was at the scene of a crime. That's indisputable.
Someone was killed. That's indisputable.
Based on video footage and the testimony of KJ's lawyer, the police brought KJ in to talk about the case - which is what police are suppose to do.
How was anyone "trapping" him?

You can't be pro-military then

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I have identified a glitch in the matrix.

It's flip flopping and doesn't know how to talk its way out of this with out sounding unreasonable.

It's symbolic.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Gottem!

The bots are attacking me because I've found a weakness in their fake story.

Attack, distract or go silent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "drastic" part is what I'm thinking about, and actually hoping for. It seems incredibly unlikely, but I'm hoping there were extenuating circumstances that each and every one of us will look at, and think, "Ohhhhh, okay! Yeah, I would've done the same thing." I wouldn't bet a dollar on that being the case, but stranger things have happened, albeit not often.

I don't want this kid to turn out to be a schmuck, regardless of the jersey he wears. This world has enough schmucks and jackasses already.
And it's wrong but being a rapper does him no favors in the court of public opinion. And rap is not remotely in the "public" view. Most think they're all criminals, which is not true.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gottem!

The bots are attacking me because I've found a weakness in their fake story.

Attack, distract or go silent.

You must be related to GimmetheBall. This is a one of his classics.

“GimmeTheBall! said:
Me foot doctor forbids it. Gout. Ah the curse of seafaring men (me father was a sailor). Too much rum, pork and yeast will do it lad.
Stay away from Rotterdam women, avoid organ meats unless you are musical, also forbidden, animal rides at carnivals and men named Brad Smith on the phone who offer riches from Mumbai.
Spiked plumb pudding ... a truly pedestrian choice. For me it's the Old Rr-r-r-ohst Beef of Ehhhngland!
Has Jade R. from Rose Infinity asked about me?”

conner01

Reaction score
What the heck? On the information we have???

They should be supporting Joseph because he is a Dallas Cowboys player PERIOD.
Well if there was evidence he shot someone it’s kinda understandable they wouldn’t support him

conner01

Reaction score
This is just doesn’t cut it for me.

Do you have to wait for a cop to be found guilty before suspending him for a bad shooting?

What if you have an employee that you find out is a peodophile running kids parties, does he keep his job until the guilty verdict?

Innocent until proven guilty might be the law and decide you freedom but it’s not the standard for retaining employment or forming an opinion… and nor should it be.
A police officer is taken off duty but still paid until he is charged. If he’s found inocent he’s right back to work with back pay

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And it's wrong but being a rapper does him no favors in the court of public opinion. And rap is not remotely in the "public" view. Most think they're all criminals, which is not true.
Well, that's the persona many of them push, so it's understandable.