PFT: More Details on Nick Barnett Arrest

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Mash;1535564 said:
I never hit a women....ever....

I just warned them....big difference....

Oh, I see, you just intimidate them.

superpunk

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1535529 said:
Even if she threw a drink in his face he should not have put his hands on her.

Completely agree.

He should have scissor-kicked that chick.

Jay-D

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1535409 said:
Plus what kind of a jerk pushes a woman anyway? No man should ever put his hands on a woman to harm her for any reason and that part of it makes this guy an even bigger jerk, regardless of what she did..

That whole "don't touch the woman" thing is so ridiculous. Haven't you ever been punched or kicked by a woman? I've been in fights where the other guy's girlfriend has jumped on my back and tried to gouge my friggin' eyes out. Chivalry goes right out the window pretty quickly with some ladies.

There are lots of women in the armed forces fighting for you right this minute. They are killing and getting killed.

Welcome to 2007, big guy. It's not the weaker sex anymore.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1535539 said:
Minor benefit of doubt, but maybe he was just reacting to the overly aggressive behavior. He didn't hit her, but he probably pushed her to get her away from him.

Full article from the link:

Woman tossed drink at Barnett, co-owner of nightclub says

Incident 'blown out of proportion,' according to Peotter

By John Lee
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

APPLETON — A woman threw a drink at Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett shortly before he was arrested last weekend for allegedly shoving a woman at a downtown nightclub, one of the establishment's co-owners said Thursday.

The co-owner, Kathy Peotter, also said she was not arguing with Barnett when police arrived at the nightclub Wet, 344 W. College Ave., and subsequently arrested him on a misdemeanor battery offense.

"I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion," Peotter said. "I'm not going to say Nick was on his best behavior that night, because he wasn't, but this is getting blown way out of proportion."

Peotter said Barnett has been coming into the club for months, and that there were more Packers than usual at the nightclub because of Sunday's Brett Favre charity softball game at Fox Cities Stadium. She said there were probably a half-dozen Packers in the club that night, at least two of them with their wives.

"They just want to be left alone," she said.

Peotter said two women who were trying to get an autograph from another player, who was at the club with his wife, swore at the player. Another fan grabbed Barnett's arm and asked for an autograph, she said.

One of the bartenders told Peotter that a woman threw a drink at Barnett shortly before a woman was shoved or fell to the ground. Peotter said it wasn't clear if it was the same woman involved in both incidents.

Barnett, 26, was jailed briefly early Sunday after the incident at the club, and Appleton police Sgt. Pat DeWall said Thursday that officers investigating the case still are conducting witness interviews. He said the department hopes reports can be sent to Outagamie County District Attorney Carrie Schneider's office early next week.

Schneider said it will be a week or more after she receives the report from police before she decides whether to formally charge Barnett.

"That's if I need additional follow-up and need to talk to witnesses any more," Schneider said.

Packers public relations director Jeff Blumb said the team would decline comment on the issue other than the extensive comments Packers coach Mike McCarthy made earlier in the week.

"I don't know if there is much we can say that he hasn't said anyway," Blumb said.

McCarthy said he has discussed the incident with Barnett. The team is concerned because of the NFL's new, stringent personal-conduct policy that allows the commissioner to suspend players for a wide range of illegal or untoward behavior off the field.

"I'm not going to sit here and go through the specifics of the incident," McCarthy said Monday. "But there's two sides to every story. I've listened to his side and we'll let the process take its course."
I hate that it should come down to this, but it would be better for club owners to either 'rope off' a particular area for his/her special customers or (if possible) seat them in a private room. Some sort of physical barrier should be established with signage informing everyone that the line in the sand should not be crossed for any reason. When something like this happens again, a famous patron can then argue that someone purposely intruded into their personal space without permission.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking from my perspective, not on behalf of all women.

I don't condone anyone hitting someone else without just cause. Anytime a woman steps to a man like that, she's putting herself in position for retaliation and she better be prepared to defend herself.

This is not about equal rights or anything like that. It's about if a man steps to another man, he should expect the same reaction. He better be prepared for retaliation. Same as if a woman stepped up to another woman.

I don't know the full circumstances of what happen, but if what the club owner says is, I could very well see a scenario where he's trying to get her off him and she slips and falls because of her hoochie shoes.

Mash

Reaction score
No...just a warning....Ive never had a fight in my life...

Its a respect thing.....were all equal....no one...has the right to hit me....even opposite gender....

Its not only man that have anger mangement issues...many women suffer from it too.......but I guess its ok in our society to accept women hitting men....but not vice versa......got it.

No worries.....dont really want to discusss this type of issue....difference of opinion....I dont condon hitting women....I just hate seeing a women taking advantage of that moral rule.....thats all

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1535585 said:
and she slips and falls because of her hoochie shoes.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Ok, WG..,what are "hoochie shoes"?

Jay-D

Reaction score
abersonc;1535556 said:
There is the honorable path ... and then there is your path.

Cowards hit women.

So let's say a woman decides to come up and punch you in the nose.....

You walk away....all nice and honorable....and bleeding.

She follows you, and kicks you in the groin.

You crawl away......still honorable.

Now she grabs you by the hair and curb stomps you.

You still doing the "honorable" thing or are you gonna defend yourself?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If a man shoves a woman away from him if she is striking him or trying to physically restrain him, it's self-defense. If he is shoving a woman who is screaming in his face, that's not self-defense. It's a cowardly act of avoiding a solution to a problem. Sometimes, the bravest thing that a real man can do is to simply walk away.

Jay-D

Reaction score
It's not right for anybody to hit anybody...but it happens.

I've seen women totally flip out on guys hitting them and biting and everything else you can think of. I've even had it happen to me with a psycho ex-girlfriend that punched me in the face during an arguement. I didn't hit her back because I would have hurt her.....but most guys aren't my size either.

In that situation, I expect a guy to defend himself......and if that means he needs to hit the chick, then so be it.

I doubt that this was the case with this autograph seeker, but who knows?

Jay-D

Reaction score
DallasEast;1535597 said:
If a man shoves a woman away from him if she is striking him or trying to physically restrain him, it's self-defense. If he is shoving a woman who is screaming in his face, that's not self-defense. It's a cowardly act of avoiding a solution to a problem. Sometimes, the bravest thing that a real man can do is to simply walk away.

I totally agree with that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1535409 said:
The continuing parade of stupid NFL players just amazes me.

Every single one of them grew up dreaming of being the next Johnny U or Staubach or Jerry Rice or whatever. They want the fame, the money, the girl and all that goes with it.

Yet they say they want to go out and be left alone.

WHAT?

You want to be famous, rich and all that but you want to go out and be left alone?

Then when they do go out and they get asked for autographs when they are out, they act like it's some big invasion of their personal space.

Now, I can understand they want to be left alone especially when they are with their family at a family establishment, but going to a bar and expecting that is absurd.

That doesn't excuse the drink in the face or grabbing the guys arm, although I'm not sure how much damage a woman could do to an NFL linebacker by grabbing him, but these guys have to understand the rules are different for them. Plus what kind of a jerk pushes a woman anyway? No man should ever put his hands on a woman to harm her for any reason and that part of it makes this guy an even bigger jerk, regardless of what she did.

They know that the new Commish is coming down on this kind of stuff, yet they put themselves in this position.

Totally moronic and if he gets suspended for a game then he deserves for being stupid.

sorry - i don't buy the "you're rich and famous so therefor you're subject to every "fans" whims. they have a right to be able to go out just like you and i do. they have a right to privacy and to NOT have the trembling fan who just can't believe their luck "taking just a moment of their time".

i realize it may not be a realistic expectation, but in the end i'm not an "autograph" hound anyway and just because i see someone famous out and about doesn't give me the right to pawn all over them.

it would seem some people get so "starry eyed" they want to seperate "rights" and think their few minute intrusion isn't that big a deal.

i've seen modano, irvin, switzer, haley, juan gonzales, and many others in "public" situations because i used to live down the street from their headquarters for the cowboys and the rest - just luck of the draw i suppose. i never once got in their face and expected a thing from them - yet i did see people hover all around as if this made their life complete.

i think the "fans" are the ones who need a reality check at times.

superpunk

Reaction score
Jay-D;1535599 said:
I didn't hit her back because I would have hurt her.....but most guys aren't my size either.

midget_basketball.jpg

Good call. With the way you dominate on the court, you'd surely have done some damage to a woman.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
superpunk;1535605 said:
midget_basketball.jpg

Good call. With the way you dominate on the court, you'd surely have done some damage to a woman.

:laugh2: :lmao: :lmao2: :laugh2: :lmao:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jay-D;1535590 said:
So let's say a woman decides to come up and punch you in the nose.....

You walk away....all nice and honorable....and bleeding.

She follows you, and kicks you in the groin.

You crawl away......still honorable.

Now she grabs you by the hair and curb stomps you.

You still doing the "honorable" thing or are you gonna defend yourself?

I'm not an idiot so I'm not going to be in a situation like that.

Come on, do you really think it is that hard to AVOID conflicts of that nature?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;1535618 said:
I'm not an idiot so I'm not going to be in a situation like that.

Come on, do you really think it is that hard to AVOID conflicts of that nature?

people try to paint the stupid as if it's actually relevant. i agree abersonic, that scenario is easy to avoid. if it's getting out of hand bear hug her till someone comes along to calm her down. besides, if "she's" big enough to curb me i've got some pretty serious issues on my hands.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1535612 said:
It never ceases to amaze me how any woman could possibly walk in those things--or even want to, for that matter.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1535616 said:
Are those from your closet? :D
Not exactly, but I've a got a pair or two that will give u pause. They're not for walking. Strictly for looking cute.