PFT: More Details on Nick Barnett Arrest

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
iceberg;1535921 said:
a little, yea. but again you presume you know my values and personality simply cause i'm at a bar. go to firewater and talk to some of the bartenders who know me and they'd tell you i'm the quiet guy in the corner who doesn't talk much.

has it happened? sure. it flattered the heck out of me. but i get it once a year tops, not every time i stop for a quick taco.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)

:confused:

Did you know that taco spelled backwards is o cat...?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
5Stars;1535924 said:
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)

:confused:

Did you know that taco spelled backwards is o cat...?

i do now. : )

AbeBeta

Reaction score
iceberg;1535919 said:
or getting a taco.

again you assume the same social values and assign "skank" values to it for some reason. if someone was hanging all over skanks and doing the "rockstar lifestyle" do you really *WANT* their autograph?

basic courtesy and respect take precidence over whatever situation you want to put them in.

Sure -- if you are getting a taco, would you feel it disrespectful for someone to say hello? How is that disrespectful?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
iceberg;1535921 said:
a little, yea. but again you presume you know my values and personality simply cause i'm at a bar. go to firewater and talk to some of the bartenders who know me and they'd tell you i'm the quiet guy in the corner who doesn't talk much.

has it happened? sure. it flattered the heck out of me. but i get it once a year tops, not every time i stop for a quick taco.

I don't assume your values because you are at a bar -- I do recognize that if you go to a bar you need to be prepared for the environment re: what people do at bars. People drink, they talk. Whether you participate in that or not, that's what is normative at a bar.

And those tacos were pretty damn slow -- which is the only reason I talked to the guy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;1535931 said:
I don't assume your values because you are at a bar -- I do recognize that if you go to a bar you need to be prepared for the environment re: what people do at bars. People drink, they talk. Whether you participate in that or not, that's what is normative at a bar.

And those tacos were pretty damn slow -- which is the only reason I talked to the guy.

i'm just giving you a hard taco (o cat) time on that one. but what if *every single time* he popped in anywhere, taco bar, atm machine, gas station, red light, sonic, getting groceries and so forth - he got bugged?

as for a bar - generally i agree w/you, *however* i'd not go up to vinnie paul at renos and make that assumption. : )

AbeBeta

Reaction score
iceberg;1535933 said:
i'm just giving you a hard taco (o cat) time on that one. but what if *every single time* he popped in anywhere, taco bar, atm machine, gas station, red light, sonic, getting groceries and so forth - he got bugged?

as for a bar - generally i agree w/you, *however* i'd not go up to vinnie paul at renos and make that assumption. : )

I'd say he might want to rethink the whole DIY thing at that point. He'd have gotten too big to do the stuff the little folks do. Or maybe buy a freaking pair of sunglasses. Or use the drive-through

Now that I think of it -- I bugged someone at a grocery store once - more just because I was shocked that the person was there and he was shocked that someone recognized him -- but that was just the unfamous drummer from a hugely influential band. So maybe he wasn't really "famous" -- I'm not counting that one.