PFT: Papa John's CEO, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder wanted Goodell fired

kskboys

Reaction score
But Rozelle didn’t have to deal with Congressional oversight into head trauma and multi billion dollar lawsuits threatening the future and solvency of the league.

Nor did he have to deal with protecting the shield from personal conduct risking the leagues image and potential fallout from networks and sponsors.

Not to mention unlimited free agency , preserving parity with Salary Cap and franchise's looking for greener pastures. There’s been a multitude of issues no other commissioner has encountered.
Not to mention unlimited abhorrence by the brainwashed fanbase who have fallen for this smoke and mirrors tail over teakettle.

kskboys

Reaction score
EzE got suspended for unsubstantiated claims that occured prior to him being in the league! Total witch hunt.

We have never seen such a suspension since.
Yup. EZ paid for Jerry's transgressions. This was a message by the other owners that Jerry had gone too far.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, he’s in it for himself, not the league, unlike all the other owners. Everyone else is noble and blue collar— selfless heroes who value the game and the fans. Hugs and rainbows, not money!

Jerry Jones is an arrogant, greedy, obscenely wealthy attentionwhore who has largely sabotaged the success of this franchise, BUT…I will believe to my dying breath that he’ll always be an outsider. The “inner circle” HAS kept us from one or two Lombardi’s these past 26 years—deny all you want.
Not to mention not being able to stop the run.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
To each their own on the Goodell argument. To me the description of his work matches more to a politician than an actual sports commissioner. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is no difference. I would argue that Tagliabue or Rozelle could have done the same with more tact and less conspiracy, but it's something we'll never know. Simply put, I'm not a fan, so I guess I'm debating from a bias that I don't see me getting over. It is what it is

Diehardblues

Reaction score
EzE got suspended for unsubstantiated claims that occured prior to him being in the league! Total witch hunt.

We have never seen such a suspension since.
It wasn’t just about that incident.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To each their own on the Goodell argument. To me the description of his work matches more to a politician than an actual sports commissioner. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is no difference. I would argue that Tagliabue or Rozelle could have done the same with more tact and less conspiracy, but it's something we'll never know. Simply put, I'm not a fan, so I guess I'm debating from a bias that I don't see me getting over. It is what it is
You’re exactly right. It is more of a public relations position . And his constituents who he ultimately represents are the majority of owners.

So ultimately if you have issue with Goodell you have issues with the owners who have provided him the power to act in their and the leagues interest.

kskboys

Reaction score
You’re exactly right. It is more of a public relations position . And his constituents who he ultimately represents are the majority of owners.

So ultimately if you have issue with Goodell you have issues with the owners who have provided him the power to act in their and the leagues interest.
And don't even think that they don't let him know what they want done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
If you're not a fan, then it's the owners you're not a fan of.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Well, for arguments sake, if this mess is on the owners, that makes Goddell their overpaid pawn. Your argument is he works for them, therefore he does carry the responsibility as their "figurehead" for what people are griping about here. He's not absolved are succeeding in spite of. I don't see how a glorified "puppet" is the best commish in recent memory

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I agree with much of what you say, but if you think there’s NOT an inner circle of owners, of which Jerry’s not a part, then you’ve got your head in the sand. You’ll NEVER convince the millions of good Cowboy fans who think they’ve kept us out, so whatever argument you’ll inevitably offer up is pointless. Of course, you’ll carry on until ‘you know who’ joins the fray to “validate” your agenda, so let’s just save some time, and table this, ok?

The name you fear is MarcusRock, dude. It's okay to say it. I'm not Candyman or Beetlejuice. Lol. Are you here mentioning me in discussions I haven't entered into again? Tsk tsk. That's that stalker behavior I've talked about before. As for this one, my assistance is not needed as your psycho rantings have already been used to wipe the floor with. And more succinctly than I usually do it. Lol.

But while I'm here, let me again do my long-winded thing to remind you just how fear-driven you are. When you rooted for the Eagles to beat Washington one time even though a Washington win would help the Cowboys because you didn't want a co-worker to talk smack to you about a Washington winning, it told me all I needed to know about you. You chose fear over your own team. And you ask me which team I'm a fan of? Lol. Even in your post here you cite "millions" of Cowboy fans who think like you when it's really just a decent number of you kooks in denial.

What's apparent though is you need your opinion to be backed by a crowd to feel confident. This is why you'll jump into any discussion where anti-conspiracy views are being co-signed because you fear the cuckoo crowd is moving away from your views. You've done it a few times with me where I wasn't even talking with you. Fear. You remind me of a man afraid to stand on his own and waits for others to lead so you can confidently yell, "Yeah, that's right, let's get 'em" to make yourself think you're kind of a leader yourself. So you speak the stuff the cuckoo crew likes to see so you can hear their "damn right!" and feel good. If Jerry's a philanderer, you're a straight up panderer. Fear, bro. Fear. This is why you post while looking over your shoulder for me like you did here.

And he won’t need the leagues assistance in not winning another Super Bowl. He’ll be able to achieve that all on his own. This is of his own doing not anyones else.

How can anyone deny this, except those in denial?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, for arguments sake, if this mess is on the owners, that makes Goddell their overpaid pawn. Your argument is he works for them, therefore he does carry the responsibility as their "figurehead" for what people are griping about here. He's not absolved are succeeding in spite of. I don't see how a glorified "puppet" is the best commish in recent memory
What other Commish has had to deal with the issues of this era?

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I'm seeking clarity. If he answers to the owners as is stated, why are the owners responsible for the bad and get no credit for his "legacy" as it were? The argument I got was the change in game is on the owners(he's obsolved as their "puppet"), but no mention of them in other matters. Can't have it both ways. Either he's puppet or bears responsibility in all matters

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm seeking clarity. If he answers to the owners as is stated, why are the owners responsible for the bad and get no credit for his "legacy" as it were? The argument I got was the change in game is on the owners(he's obsolved as their "puppet"), but no mention of them in other matters. Can't have it both ways. Either he's puppet or bears responsibility in all matters
It does go both ways. The owners are due their credit for their efforts thru Goodell who is basically just the spokesperson for them. And that’s how it’s always been with commissioners. We just haven’t had as polarizing and divisive issues before.

The owners indivually probably wouldn’t have had the self discipline to take some of the needed measures to remain solvent from congressional oversight , lawsuits and perception pressure from networks and sponsors fo which Goodell has been the buffer, hit man and negotiator all wrapped up into one. And where he gets credit for navigating thru all of these challenging issues for the owners on their behalf.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
The name you fear is MarcusRock, dude. It's okay to say it. I'm not Candyman or Beetlejuice. Lol. Are you here mentioning me in discussions I haven't entered into again? Tsk tsk. That's that stalker behavior I've talked about before. As for this one, my assistance is not needed as your psycho rantings have already been used to wipe the floor with. And more succinctly than I usually do it. Lol.

But while I'm here, let me again do my long-winded thing to remind you just how fear-driven you are. When you rooted for the Eagles to beat Washington one time even though a Washington win would help the Cowboys because you didn't want a co-worker to talk smack to you about a Washington winning, it told me all I needed to know about you. You chose fear over your own team. And you ask me which team I'm a fan of? Lol. Even in your post here you cite "millions" of Cowboy fans who think like you when it's really just a decent number of you kooks in denial.

What's apparent though is you need your opinion to be backed by a crowd to feel confident. This is why you'll jump into any discussion where anti-conspiracy views are being co-signed because you fear the cuckoo crowd is moving away from your views. You've done it a few times with me where I wasn't even talking with you. Fear. You remind me of a man afraid to stand on his own and waits for others to lead so you can confidently yell, "Yeah, that's right, let's get 'em" to make yourself think you're kind of a leader yourself. So you speak the stuff the cuckoo crew likes to see so you can hear their "damn right!" and feel good. If Jerry's a philanderer, you're a straight up panderer. Fear, bro. Fear. This is why you post while looking over your shoulder for me like you did here.

How can anyone deny this, except those in denial?

Didn’t even mention your name. All I have to do is touch on a certain subject, and voila—there you are! And you call ME a stalker! Fear?!? Of what, your delusions? They’d be hilarious if they weren’t so pathetic. Your obvious need to “win” an online debate with a stranger to somehow feed your delicate ego is sad, and changes nothing, so you might as well go flex in front of a mirror and scream “I am the Terminator!”

Go ahead, flex those beer muscles and fuss over four year old quotes to try to validate your nonsense. No one cares!

817Gill

Reaction score
Durn near everything (away from the ganes) the NFL does is shown on tv.
The combine, the draft --- the schedule release (!) -- opening of training camps, and kickoff to regular season programming.
Also are the events the NFL is affiliated with - Senior Bowl practices, college pro days.
And the "reality-based" programs - "Hard Knocks" (training camp & pre-season) and "All or Nothing " (training camp through the regular season and playoffs).
Yup, spot on

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Didn’t even mention your name. All I have to do is touch on a certain subject, and voila—there you are! And you call ME a stalker! Fear?!? Of what, your delusions? They’d be hilarious if they weren’t so pathetic. Your obvious need to “win” an online debate with a stranger to somehow feed your delicate ego is sad, and changes nothing, so you might as well go flex in front of a mirror and scream “I am the Terminator!”

Go ahead, flex those beer muscles and fuss over four year old quotes to try to validate your nonsense. No one cares!

I didn't hear any denials. Lol.

You never mention my name so you can try to dodge later by lying to say you weren't referring to me to subject change and project that I follow you around from thread to thread when it's actually you. So if it wasn't me then, who was the "you know who" you were referring to below? Name names, punk. Lol. You were getting yours handed to you for your nonsense and were looking for an exit. Must have reminded you of what I do to you so you had to mention me as a reflex. Even in that one sentence you see your fear. Who cares if I come to validate his opinion? Did he make good points or not? You knew you couldn't prevail over it so you sought to end the discussion in case more came to be against you than for you which you can't stand because it's scary to be outnumbered. That's why you always try to tout that many more agree with your takes or accuse others of not being "real fans" while you roll with the majority. Fear. Just like I said.

Of course, you’ll carry on until ‘you know who’ joins the fray to “validate” your agenda, so let’s just save some time, and table this, ok?

ESisback

Reaction score
I didn't hear any denials. Lol.

You never mention my name so you can try to dodge later by lying to say you weren't referring to me to subject change and project that I follow you around from thread to thread when it's actually you. So if it wasn't me then, who was the "you know who" you were referring to below? Name names, punk. Lol. You were getting yours handed to you for your nonsense and were looking for an exit. Must have reminded you of what I do to you so you had to mention me as a reflex. Even in that one sentence you see your fear. Who cares if I come to validate his opinion? Did he make good points or not? You knew you couldn't prevail over it so you sought to end the discussion in case more came to be against you than for you which you can't stand because it's scary to be outnumbered. That's why you always try to tout that many more agree with your takes or accuse others of not being "real fans" while you roll with the majority. Fear. Just like I said.

Boring.