News: PFT: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yup I just don't see the downside.

The downside is that people on this board who continually screamed about how bad a pick he was might end up wrong.

Do you understand nothing about what is at stake here?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They didn't just stop drug testing him. Once your in the system, drug testing continues even more frequently than ever.
Yeah, I know. That doesn't mean we are going to get the results.

So, essentially it is just speculation that he has been clean and no new news has come out confirming it from his side? That's all I want to know. Don't need to argue about it, just want to know if new information has been released today is all that I wasn't aware of.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
How do you know he hasn't been clean? Pretty sure he is still being tested by the NFL. He was tested while suspended several time, hence the year suspension. Do you think the NFL suspends people and just walks away? He is still under contract and if he wants to return to football he would be required to test for drug use.
It's amazing that this actually has to explained to people. If he had ANY failed drug tests during his suspension (and, yes, suspended players still get them) he would not even be eligible to FILE for reinstatement (just to reiterate for the short bus crew).

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not if you were ever paying attention. The disgusted look on Garrett's face in the war room was painfully obvious. I get the Garrett criticism but resorting to making **** up just makes people look unnecessarily stupid.
Man, I wish I could find it and make a GIF of the minute Garrett learned/got told that they were taking Gregory. Stephen had to come over, sit down next to him and console his candy-*** about it for a minute while Jerry was high five'ng and cartwheeling out of frame. I didn't know then that it was for Gregory, but I knew for sure it wasn't an offensive player and whoever it was, it was definitely a player that he didn't really care for. For that one moment, you actually saw human mannerisms and body language from Jason "T-800" Garrett. It was glorious!

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. That doesn't mean we are going to get the results.

So, essentially it is just speculation that he has been clean and no new news has come out confirming it from his side? That's all I want to know. Don't need to argue about it, just want to know if new information has been released today is all that I wasn't aware of.
Are you kidding bro? If Gregory failed another test it would have been the leading story on Sportscenter and on the front page of every Sports website. "Another failed COWBOY". Click, click, click, click.

Not digging on you either, my friend, but everyone in the sports business nows that if you even mention "Dallas Cowboys" it's a guaranteed 10k clicks+. We would have known before Gregory even knew.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's amazing that this actually has to explained to people. If he had ANY failed drug tests during his suspension (and, yes, suspended players still get them) he would not even be eligible to FILE for reinstatement (just to reiterate for the short bus crew).

Sorry, but that's not correct. Nowhere is it written that he can't file for reinstatement if he failed any tests. What he needs to do is submit an application with the following information:

1. treatment
2. proof he has been clean since being banished
3. any incidents related to substances of abuse (this would probably entail any additional failed tests)
4. any arrests or convictions of any kind, including arrests related to substances of abuse.

It doesn't say if you failed you can't filed for reinstatement. If he failed another test, he would have to disclose it and it would be taken into consideration in determining whether to reinstate him or not.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Sorry, but that's not correct. Nowhere is it written that he can't file for reinstatement if he failed any tests. What he needs to do is submit an application with the following information:

1. treatment
2. proof he has been clean since being banished
3. any incidents related to substances of abuse (this would probably entail any additional failed tests)
4. any arrests or convictions of any kind, including arrests related to substances of abuse.

It doesn't say if you failed you can't filed for reinstatement. If he failed another test, he would have to disclose it and it would be taken into consideration in determining whether to reinstate him or not.
Proof that he's been clean is the result of negative drug tests. This isn't rocket surgery, brother.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Are you kidding bro? If Gregory failed another test it would have been the leading story on Sportscenter and on the front page of every Sports website. "Another failed COWBOY". Click, click, click, click.

Not digging on you either, my friend, but everyone in the sports business nows that if you even mention "Dallas Cowboys" it's a guaranteed 10k clicks+. We would have known before Gregory even knew.
It was reported by TMZ last year he failed his 7th test and was picked up by many different outlets and it didn't get much press because very few people even know about it. Hell, just because TMZ reported it, many fans want to assume it is fake news. Me just reporting that TMZ reported it has gotten so many panties twisted into knots on this site, despite just being the messenger of the report. I don't even try to pass it off as fact, just that it has been reported and people want to try to jump down my throat for it. LOL

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Proof that he's been clean is the result of negative drug tests. This isn't rocket surgery, brother.

So, he can't fail a test, but can get arrested for a drug related event, right? Is that how you're interpreting that or is it rocket surgery?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
So, he can't fail a test, but can get arrested for a drug related event, right? Is that how you're interpreting that or is it rocket surgery?
Where did I say that he could get arrested for a drug related event?o_O

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Where did I say that he could get arrested for a drug related event?o_O

I'm telling you the policy doesn't state he can't fail another test and you're claiming it isn't rocket surgery.

I gave you the criteria he needs to include on this application. It lists those 4 items. He has to give treatment information, proof he has been clean, any issues related to drugs, and any arrests including those regarding substances of abuse.

I believe you are indicating since #2 is listed, that he can't fail another test. I don't interpret the policy that way. I interpret it as..if you have been clean you will submit your proof. If you haven't then you need to provide the information regarding the incident you had in #3. And if it involves the law, you need to include it on #4. If you have been clean, then #3 & 4 are probably not applicable. All that information will be taken into consideration in the decision to either reinstate Gregory, deny it, or delay it pending further action the league wants Gregory to take before reinstatement.

There is no "final strike" to where if he fails another test that he can NEVER come back.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Welcome back! ( see no reason he won't be allowed back )

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ndy-gregory-ready-to-apply-for-reinstatement/
Report: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement
Posted by Charean Williams on March 28, 2018, 6:08 PM EDT
gettyimages-630770754-e1522274875676.jpg

Getty Images

Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is close to applying for reinstatement, David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Gregory, 25, has not played in the NFL since Week 17 of the 2016 season. The NFL banned him for repeated violations of the league’s substance abuse policy.
Great news

dallasdave

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be freaking amazing if Gregory has decided that playing football is more important than smoking weed. Amazing for the fans, amazing for the team and maybe a little amazing for him. Yes, football careers are short lived and really not that important but he can use it as a stepping stone the rest of his life. One success leads to another . Smoking weed, although mellowing, isn't much of a stepping stone. Which lifestyle do you want Randy? depends on you man
Would be nice indeed !!!