News: PFT: Report: Cowboys "all but given up hope" of Randy Gregory's reinstatement

quickccc

Reaction score
How in the hell did they seem fit to reinstate Aldon Smith over Gregory?

that's what i was thinking too, ..but could this CoVid 19 crisis have played any serious delay or distraction as a big part between Alden's reinstatement back in May and now in July.

According to the latest from Bryan Broaddus on 105.3 the fan radio , there are some key league officials that normally play a huge part in the reinstatement process - that are no longer there, and apparently the league may be still scrambling ( or not scrambling ?) in replacing them.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't believe this for one second Mr. Quick (lol). Randy's been to the altar too many times W/O a ring.

and yet Randy has never been in as much trouble as Mr. Alden has been in, Gregory has never been reported with trouble with law enforcement, arrested, domestic issues, DUI, ... but Alden has been reinstated, but Gregory has not ?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
from what i'm hearing fro Broddadus hear say ; it's problems with the NFL league office... than it being Randy's fault.

the personnel in charge that have a big part of the reinstatement process, visitation, upfront discussions, with the NFL office are no longer there and the league is in back logged in replacing those officials.

the Randy camp is ready ...the NFL league office is not

I don’t really buy this. I can see there being some small hiccups with everything going on but if you are the NFL, you have to get them resolved quickly. They are dealing with people’s careers and millions of dollars at stake for the players and teams. They can’t let players and teams twist in the wind like this. These things need to be resolved in a timely fashion one way or the other. I can see a few days delay but if you can’t get it resolved when it’s time then you side with the player and move on to getting your house in order.

blueblood70

Reaction score

i saw thus and thats strange that Smith gets back in and Gregory does not when RG was suppose to be saved by the new marijuana rule..lots of players like Gordon and others keep getting back and quickly yet RG does not? very strange

glimmerman

Reaction score
I heard before that players that were already in trouble or suspended for weed then they would still be subject to the old rules. So if its not retro then it’s not really fair to me. This would also mean no Irving..

I want to hear a comment from the NFL. If I see them reinstate someone else that is or has been suspended and now it’s ok then goodell has it in for him or the new rule is just words. Gregory should be the poster boy for this new rule.

Flamma

Reaction score
Too bad it seems like we were relying on him more than viewing him as a bonus.

Time to sign Griffen / Clowney

I'm starting to get on board with that too. Clowney/Tank/Smith rotation? Sounds good to me. Just not sure it would be easy to fit him under the cap.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How in the hell did they seem fit to reinstate Aldon Smith over Gregory?

Apples and oranges........Aldon is a recovering alcoholic with clear proof of following a treatment plan through 8+ months of sobriety, exactly what you wanna see. He talks openly about his recovery and taking one step at a time. Randy, on the other hand, it's hard to say. Only sure thing about Randy and this process is it's been all most 3 years and no one seems to have straight answers about his recovery ( if there's one) or progress.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I heard before that players that were already in trouble or suspended for weed then they would still be subject to the old rules. So if its not retro then it’s not really fair to me. This would also mean no Irving..

I want to hear a comment from the NFL. If I see them reinstate someone else that is or has been suspended and now it’s ok then goodell has it in for him or the new rule is just words. Gregory should be the poster boy for this new rule.

We don't actually know if Randy's even done anything towards reinstatement, rescinded it, or screwed up yet again on the way back. It's not on the league to divulge Gregory's private business unless he definitely applied and gets either denied or reinstated. I don't see the Cowboys crying foul exactly so it seems to me that something is amiss. Won't stop fans from playing the CONSPIRACY! card though as you see.

aria

Reaction score
If Jerry ran a professional football team instead of a half weigh house we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t really buy this. I can see there being some small hiccups with everything going on but if you are the NFL, you have to get them resolved quickly. They are dealing with people’s careers and millions of dollars at stake for the players and teams. They can’t let players and teams twist in the wind like this. These things need to be resolved in a timely fashion one way or the other. I can see a few days delay but if you can’t get it resolved when it’s time then you side with the player and move on to getting your house in order.

Yes, yet at the same time, could there be some dysfunctions in the league office that are going on behind the scenes that are playing up
big in the delay of Randy's reinstatement? Sure they have a responsibility but they are capable of mistakes.
and why not ? The league and it's dear commissioner has did this before -per Zeke Elliott suspension which proved bogus with Goodell's
own league investigators determining that they found no evidence of misconduct towards Zeke, but yet Mr. Judge, Jury and Executioner
sought to go at it with the powers within him that be, and shockingly suspended Zeke.

From what i am hearing, the Randy's camp has apparently done their part. He's officially filed for his reinstatement
But the league is apparently dropping the ball - for whatever reasons behind the scenes, with the delays.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My guess would be he relapsed during the reinstatement process and is in another dark place which will take rehab to get him back on track.

I could be wrong but that’s why he took so long to file for reinstatement late 2017 early 2018. We were all speculating what was taking him so long and it was because he was back in rehab. Wasn’t until they did a story on him during the 2018 season that we finally knew what was going on.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Randy Gregory has zero interest in playing football.

And he has far bigger issues than weed.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I cannot claim to know anything and say it as truth like "he has deeper problems", but I can see how people could go there in their thinking.
I hope he doesn't. Have deeper problems, I mean.
I have no idea why this is going on the way it is and it's discouraging.
Hopefully he has pulled himself together and this is something simple.
Or he's just... I don't know. I don't want to say ruining his life because I don't know if that's happening. I certainly hope not.
He doesn't come across as a malicious idiot. Just a guy struggling to maintain himself.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

It looks, to me, like he's a dude trying to navigate through life with THC as a medicative assistant.
Just because it was a ridiculously banned substance gets people to make disparaging assumptions about him.

Yes, I did make up the word "medicative". I kind of like it.