News: PFT: Scandrick out for season with torn ACL and MCL

d_dub88

Reaction score
That sucks. He fought all the way to get a starter position and proved to be a good leader. Hope he gets well soon.

popp1234

Reaction score
Like I said before. I can only relax when there is no practice. However, I am sure the guys will carry on.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/il_570xN.244899733_zpskrg7ynzc.jpg

ccb04

Reaction score
IIRC, that's 3 consecutive years the Boys have lost a good player on D to injury before the season even began. Last season it was Lee...and the year before that was Crawford. Now it's Scandrick.

Definitely a loss to the D. But there have been other teams such as the Giants, Packers & Panthers (among others), to lose significant players for the year. They just have to deal with it the best they can. Hopefully, guys like Jones, White, etc. can step up.

Wish Oscan the best for a successful surgery & speedy recovery.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
vader.jpg

popp1234

Reaction score
IIRC, that's 3 consecutive years the Boys have lost a good player on D to injury before the season even began. Last season it was Lee...and the year before that was Crawford. Now it's Scandrick.

Definitely a loss to the D. But there have been other teams such as the Giants, Packers & Panthers (among others), to lose significant players for the year. They just have to deal with it the best they can. Hopefully, guys like Jones, White, etc. can step up.

Wish Oscan the best for a successful surgery & speedy recovery.

Yeah, it sucks. I wonder if it was the same knee he was having problems with during training camp.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
MAke no mistake Scandrick will be missed. He's the only guy on this team you can trust putting on the outside and in the slot and not have a concern. IMO, he's our best cornerback.

BUT, if you had to have a season ending injury for a position........you'd like for it to be cornerback. There are a few guys there who can step it up in Patmon and White. Carr and Claibrone are looking for big comeback years this year.

If the pass rush isn't right this secondary wasn't going to be right anyway so that hasn't changed. This defensive line is what's going to make or break this defense. Even with a Scandrick injury I don't have concerns at corner.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree. But be forewarned. The media will turn this into a death sentence for the Cowboys and the haters (and some Cowboys fans) will get sucked.

Well make no mistake Scandrick is a BIG LOSS. Someone will have to step up this year. Even last year, no one saw Hitchens, Carter, Durant or McClain stepping up like they did when he went down.

The same thing will have to happen with corner. They are going to need Carr, Claiborne, Patmon, White and Jones all to step up.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's going to hurt. The pass rush may well overcome the loss, but without Hardy for a quarter of the season that early stretch just got a whole lot tougher. Scanny was their best defender at some points last season. Definitely the strength of the secondary. The team plays some good wideouts this season so you'd like to have all hands on deck. Gotta hope White and Jones step up and Carr looks like end of season Carr. I don't like injuries.

popp1234

Reaction score
Well make no mistake Scandrick is a BIG LOSS. Someone will have to step up this year. Even last year, no one saw Hitchens, Carter, Durant or McClain stepping up like they did when he went down.

The same thing will have to happen with corner. They are going to need Carr, Claiborne, Patmon, White and Jones all to step up.

Yes, it sucks. But I think we are more equipped to handle such loss than we were last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, it sucks. But I think we are more equipped to handle such loss than we were last year.

Well I agree they SHOULD be. But i've learned never to assume with the NFL. Like I said in another post though, if there was a position to have a season ending injury to.......it was corner. But they are going to need Carr to be what he was 2 years ago and Claiborne to finally hit his potential or atleast take some solid steps into getting there. Patmon and White should be solid and Jones is a rookie so he'll take his bumps this year.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
That sucks for sure. Our best corner and the guy plays with an edge. Gotta hope Carr and Claiborne have improved their games, Jones is the real deal and Corey White continues to play the way he has when the games count. Patmon might be a player too.

Cowboys as deep as they've been there in a long while, but still sucks to lose #32.