News: PFT: Scandrick out for season with torn ACL and MCL

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm glad to see the positive posts. They are correct. I see white and Patmon stepping up and Mo having an above average year. Carr too.

Others are right this is an injury we can deal with and we won't miss a beat. We know who the indispensable players are(don't mention them) and Scandrick was very good but he's not indespensible.

It's not like Scandrick was a playmaker. Only 7 ints in 7 years. We'll miss him, but with our pass rush and guys showing big time potential in camp with Jones, Patmon, and White, we should recover.

Plankton

Reaction score
Agree. But be forewarned. The media will turn this into a death sentence for the Cowboys and the haters (and some Cowboys fans) will get sucked.

And whatever the media says will have no impact on the field, so I'm not sure why anyone cares.

popp1234

Reaction score
And whatever the media says will have no impact on the field, so I'm not sure why anyone cares.

No one should. I just hope we don't see a bunch of the sky is falling and the Cowboys are done threads with links from media websites. Yes, I know, I don't have to click on them, but don't like seeing half the page filled with warnings of the apocalypse.

Last edited:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Big loss but at least it appears to be some solid depth this year unlike previous years. Next man up!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Just to keep it real, Scandrick had been having problems performing right from the start in camp. His loss will certainly entail some crucial adjustments but in reality, he was limited already even before he went down. He'll likely be replaced by either Claiborne, Jones or White but at least there will be capable help available. If one of them can't handle it, another would likely be called upon. Granted, it's surely a loss but not a hopeless one.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
It's not like Scandrick was a playmaker. Only 7 ints in 7 years. We'll miss him, but with our pass rush and guys showing big time potential in camp with Jones, Patmon, and White, we should recover.

He may not have been a great playmaker, but then name me those in our secondary who have been these past few years?

All I know he was our best CB last year and while some of the newcomers seem to be capable of taking up the slack and hopefully the pass rush should greatly improve, it still remains to be seen if that will actually be the case when we’re playing for real.

Let’s not underestimate his loss.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He may not have been a great playmaker, but then name me those in our secondary who have been these past few years?

All I know he was our best CB last year and while some of the newcomers seem to be capable of taking up the slack and hopefully the pass rush should greatly improve, it still remains to be seen if that will actually be the case when we’re playing for real.

Let’s not underestimate his loss.

As I said, with our improved pass rush and the addition of Jones and White, plus Patmons improvement, we will recover. He will be missed in the slot, but he isn't a playmaker as in shutting down wr's or taking the ball away from them.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
ACL and MCL, how the hell does that even happen? Did they bend his knee from one side to the other to make sure they tear up everything in there? I don't even think you could get that done if you TRIED. I hate our preseason/offseason practices. Every year it seems like one big name. Waters, Lee, Scandrick in 3 straight years now. I'm sure I've missed a bunch more.

It has to do with the positioning of Scandrick's leg when he was hit and the direction of force from Lucky. He was clearly hit from the right side, which caused a severe valgus force to the knee, which caused the MCL to tear. However, when the knee is extended, or straight, the ACL is taut (tight), which would make it vulnerable to tearing. That's exactly what happened. The knee was hit from the side, AND it was close to hyper extension.

Since the medial meniscus attached to the MCL, I wouldn't be surprised if there was meniscus damage as well. This is a really bad injury. They call it the "Unhappy Triad," which is the ACL, MCL and medial meniscus all tearing at once.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Tough loss on Scandrick. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up someone solid off the wire for depth once the cuts start.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
As I said, with our improved pass rush and the addition of Jones and White, plus Patmons improvement, we will recover. He will be missed in the slot, but he isn't a playmaker as in shutting down wr's or taking the ball away from them.

And the last time I looked having a good slot player was fairly important.

Again in practice and in pre-season games it looks like we might be able to cover his loss, however let's see how that transitions to the regular season.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Hate to see Scandrick go down, hopefully he can heal and contribute next year. I think CB will be a priority again in the draft or free agency next year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Never been as big on Scandrick as a lot of people are. I think either White or Jones will step in and do fine.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hate to see Scandrick go down, hopefully he can heal and contribute next year. I think CB will be a priority again in the draft or free agency next year.

I think it's going to be a top priority in next years draft. Both Carr and Claiborne will most likely be out the door, which will move Jones into Claiborne's role. That #1 corner position next year is going to be concerning.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Did he injure the same knee that has been bothering him?