News: PFT: Scandrick out for season with torn ACL and MCL

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I think Scandrick was not paying attention, he should have seen him coming and got his feet off the ground.
Or not ran right into a guy going to the ground.

Not being a jerk but have YOU ever played football/basketball/hockey/etc.? And I'm talking just a pick-up game with your friends. This comment is just downright silly. These guys are playing at speeds that would make your weakest bedroom moment feel like hours and not seconds. If the thought of an injury occurring enters an athletes mind, even for a second, he's riding the bench. I'm sure he was paying attention...attention to the football and stopping his man. SMH

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think what you saw was that White was better suited for Marinelli's defense than Rob Ryan's defense and assumed that meant man vs zone; however, it actually meant whacky scheme (Ryan) vs scheme that focuses on fundamentals (Marinelli).

yeah it could have been you saying why NO dumped him but he would fit in here.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
ESPN FOOTBALL podcast, Matt Williamson said about ScandrIck's injury....."Scandrick's their best corner, best defensive back.. l would say their secondary is now, probably even with him, was amongst the worst in the league. "

erod

Reaction score
ESPN FOOTBALL podcast, Matt Williamson said about ScandrIck's injury....."Scandrick's their best corner, best defensive back.. l would say their secondary is now, probably even with him, was amongst the worst in the league. "

What an idiot. Best corner depth in the league.

In other news, Commanders lose Junior Galette for the season to Achilles tear.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What an idiot. Best corner depth in the league.

In other news, Commanders lose Junior Galette for the season to Achilles tear.

He is a known Steelers fan. Heard his podcast for years, and his dislike for Dallas shows. Heck, even last year when Murray was having his best season in Cowboy history, he said Murray wasn't even a top 5 rb in the NFL.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Fortunately, we do have excellent CB depth. Unfortunately, Scandrick was probably our only CB without major question marks.

Scandrick - Not elite but a very good CB with a proven track record.
Carr - Was a very good CB but has been getting abused for the past few years.
Claiborne - Highly coveted coming out of college, decent rookie year, injured or unproductive since.
Patmon - A surprise UDFA a year ago who didn't get involved much until the end of last year.
Jones - A physical freak but still a rookie nonetheless. A bit raw as a CB but a very smart and high character guy.
White - Good size and versatility but didn't impress enough in New Orleans to stay on the roster.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fortunately, we do have excellent CB depth. Unfortunately, Scandrick was probably our only CB without major question marks.

Claiborne - Highly coveted coming out of college, decent rookie year, injured or unproductive since.
Patmon - A surprise UDFA a year ago who didn't get involved much until the end of last year.
Jones - A physical freak but still a rookie nonetheless. A bit raw as a CB but a very smart and high character guy.
White - Good size and versatility but didn't impress enough in New Orleans to stay on the roster.

Rob Ryan is a blustering buffoon. He believes in his system, despite the talent and tries to fit guys into his system and not his system to the talent.

I think White will be fine. I'm going to assume that his lack of success in NO has more to do with Ryan than White.

But we shall see.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

WIth a much better pass rush, the guys you listed should benefit big time. Jones, Patmon, White have all gotten rave reviews in camp so far. All we have now on them yes (camp reviews), but we aren't losnig a pro bowler with Scan out.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Rob Ryan is a blustering buffoon. He believes in his system, despite the talent and tries to fit guys into his system and not his system to the talent.

I think White will be fine. I'm going to assume that his lack of success in NO has more to do with Ryan than White.

But we shall see.

I'm with you. I think we'll be ok at CB. I'm just saying that we're relying on a little "hope" for our 5 remaining CBs. Scandrick was the only sure thing. He's no Revis or Sherman but we knew we'd have a reliable starter in Scandrick. But I like the size and versatility of Jones and White. That's the direction the CB position is headed.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score

I'll get banned if I used the language I want to. Byron Jones, Mo Claiborne, show us why you were both taken in the 1st round.

Frozen700

Reaction score
This is not good news.

Now this means we will see more of MO.

RLc2qnR.png

Bluestang

Reaction score
For those of you wondering if OScan's knee was the same one that was giving him problems...well according to Broaddus it was NOT the same one.

Also, I've heard multiple reports that Scandrick was trying to make the play on Whitehead - who wasn't even his man - because JJ Wilcox didn't do his job.

Now I'm not trying to put the blame here on Wilcox, but merely to state that when assignments get blown these things happen when your teammates are trying to make up your shortcomings.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't think we should annoint Byron Jones just because of his draft status. I think Carr, White and Patmon are all more reliable than Jones is at the moment and i wouldn't put Jones over Claiborne (if healthy) either.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
This is not good news.

Now this means we will see more of MO.

RLc2qnR.png

That may not be a bad thing. It's time for Mo to prove that he's NFL worthy. We may get his career year out of this. Or could keep being Mo. I think he will step it up, and you are going to see the Claiborne we all expected to see from day one.

Frozen700

Reaction score
That may not be a bad thing. It's time for Mo to prove that he's NFL worthy. We may get his career year out of this. Or could keep being Mo. I think he will step it up, and you are going to see the Claiborne we all expected to see from day one.

I like your optimism. I just don't see it though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah it could have been you saying why NO dumped him but he would fit in here.

I think several people have said it. Several NFL experts told Jerry back when Rob Ryan was here that his defense was not fundamentally sound.

silver

Reaction score
I like your optimism. I just don't see it though.

I see other teams taking us lightly like they did last year. Already ESPN is calling us the worst secondary in football. Yesterday another dude in Fox Radio was calling us out for losing Murray and now Scandrick. I can see the silver lining. Going out there with a chip in the shoulder. Should be fun.