News: PFT: Should the Cowboys have let Dak Prescott hit the open market?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It is easy to prove & everyone knows it.

All you have to do is look at franchise Qbs contracts in time. What direction is the money going in? Up or down?

Cool, so do it.

BTW, I heard the same argument on the Salary Cap. It's never going down! Until it did. That's not proof, try again.

BTW, your examples do not prove collusion, which is your accusation. Prove that, which is what you stated. Prove collusion.

Let me help you, changing horse here is not going to help you. You said it, prove it. These examples don't prove that. If anything, they actually disprove it. I had no idea how monumentally bad you are at this. I mean, stop already. You claimed collusion. Prove it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Cool, so do it.

BTW, I heard the same argument on the Salary Cap. It's never going down! Until it did. That's not proof, try again.

Yeah, weird it look a once and a unprecedented once in a lifetime pandemic event to make it go down. Yet, new TV deals have set it to explode again. Go figure.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What exactly, do you think this proves? If you are doing business poorly, what is the solution? Change the way you do business. This happens daily, all over the world. I suppose you see that as proof of collusion as well?

I'm a business owner and I can no longer afford to use the US mail as an effective way of shipping product so a guy opens up a delivery model using dedicated shipping methods. A completely different model that is more effective and more cost effective. Over night, every business in the country moves away from the U.S. mail and starts using companies like UPS and Fedex. I suppose you see collusion there are well right?

Maybe the problem is in how you look at things. When your a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Maybe it's you because post here suggests nothing other then the reality of business. Try again.

Again, more wild swings off the point. We're not talking about you general views on labor here--which is apparently where this is coming from. We are talking about the NFL only where they have a lobor union and rules against collusion spelled out in their CBA, which was provided and ignored.

As I have stated, clubs can make their own decisions independently on what they want to pay. They cannot make agreement with other clubs to limit the market. Why is this so hard for you to accept? It is well known.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yeah, weird it look a once and a unprecedented once in a lifetime pandemic event to make it go down. Yet, new TV deals have set it to explode again. Go figure.

Once in a life time? Even that is wrong. It's not the first one we've experienced in our lifetime. It's just the first one you paid attention to. This has happened before in our lifetime. But hey, it did happen right? I mean, you do agree with that statement, yes?

So what exactly is your point because the fact that it can't happen isn't correct yes? It has happened, it did happen and you agree with that, correct?

So get to proving your point because all this does is confirm that what I said, was true. I heard the same thing about the cap and guess what?

This post doesn't prove your statement. What else you got?

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Once in a life time? Even that is wrong. It's not the first one we've experienced in our lifetime. It's just the first one you paid attention to. This has happened before in our lifetime. But hey, it did happen right? I mean, you do agree with that statement, yes?

So what exactly is your point because the fact that it can't happen isn't it correct? It has happened, it did happen and you agree with that, correct?

So get to proving your point because all this does is confirm that what I said, was true. I heard the same thing about the cap and guess what?

This post doesn't prove your statement. What else you got?

You should really stay on topic. You say I am bad at this, but resort to continued changes of subject, strawmen, and intentionally misconstruing my statements.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Again, more wild swing of the point. We're not talking about you general views on labor here--which is apparently where this is coming from. We are talking about the NFL only where they have a lobor union and rules against collusion spelled out in their CBA, which was provided and ignored.

As I have stated, clubs can make their own decisions independently on what they want to pay. They cannot make agreement with other clubs to limit the market. Why is this so hard for you to accept? It is well known.

Well, you made the claim so what exactly is it that you are trying to prove. I mean, mine is simple, you claimed collusion. Prove it. Nothing you have said here has proven that point. Nothing.

Prove collusion because right now, you got nothing but a talking point you heard on a talk show somewhere.

Show me where anybody said anything about teams getting together to limit the market. Show me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I did not claim collusion. Read what I wrote instead of trying to pretend I said what you want to argue about.

Really, then where did that come from? Are you suggesting that I claimed it? I feel like the light is being turned on here and you are seeing that you can't win this one. You are wrong here, 100%.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is what you posted in post 20, I believe it is, in this thread Denim:

QBs are being paid what the market is valuing them at. What you are wanting is collusion. Teams are free to take the market value or release the player. There is no compulsion for a team to pay anything over what their internal limits are.

In this post, you claim collusion. That's not true, not even close. Prove your statement, stop trying to avoid it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Really, then where did that come from? Are you suggesting that I claimed it? I feel like the light is being turned on here and you are seeing that you can't win this one. You are wrong here, 100%.

Ok, you seem to have some comprehension issues so let me help you along:

• You said: "How many teams have come out ahead in the QB negotiations Wars? Perhaps the answer is that teams need to stop doing business the way they have been in recent years."
  • I made the point: that clubs are paying market price, which is rising and that what I though t you wanted was collusion (teams working together to reduce the market).
After which you have gone off on various tangents, accused me of claiming some collusion was happening somewhere (still unsure of where you believe I think this is happening), taking about the cap and businesses outside the NFL.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is what you posted in post 20, I believe it is, in this thread Denim:

In this post, you claim collusion. That's not true, not even close. Prove your statement, stop trying to avoid it.

It is literally right there are you still cant see it.

Where did I claim collusion is happening?

There is a difference between calming something is happening and musing about what someone is desiring.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok, you seem to have some comprehension issues so let me help you along:

• You said: "How many teams have come out ahead in the QB negotiations Wars? Perhaps the answer is that teams need to stop doing business the way they have been in recent years."
  • I made the point: that clubs are paying market price, which is rising and that what I though t you wanted was collusion (teams working together to reduce the market).
After which you have gone off on various tangents, accused me of claiming some collusion was happening somewhere (still unsure of where you believe I think this is happening), taking about the cap and businesses outside the NFL.

What exactly, about my statement, suggests collusion? In that statement, are you suggesting that it's impossible for teams to come to the conclusion that the way they are doing business now, is not healthy for their respective teams and they are just too stupid to figure out that they need to change how they are doing things? I mean, is that seriously what you are trying to suggest here? You see collusion everywhere right? Even though I've shown you examples of teams seeing what works in the league and adopting it in the space of a single season, you would rather believe that it's collusion, is that your point? Because based on my words, there is nothing to suggest your point of collusion is at play. That's your silly take on things, that's not mine and it's no proof.

Dre11

Reaction score
How many teams have come out ahead in the QB negotiations Wars? Perhaps the answer is that teams need to stop doing business the way they have been in recent years. It's clearly not working in terms of managing QB salaries.

so you think teams can just stop doing business with Qbs. understand good qb's is a position of huge need around the entire league. They hold the leverage. owners can't do anything about it.

dckid

Reaction score
Of course Jerry overplayed his hand as usual. Dak will regress this year no doubt in my mind.
This team needs balance as our defense is not made to be in shootouts. Dak in all honesty should have gone to the Niners, he would have had a much better career outcome. He is better than Jimmy G and would fit great. I think Dak is good but just not highest guaranteed salary in the league great.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
In that statement, are you suggesting that it's impossible for teams to come to the conclusion that the way they are doing business now, is not healthy for their respective teams and they are just too stupid to figure out that they need to change how they are doing things?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. If you followed along instead of getting your back up about that one word (which obviously triggers you for some reason) you would see that I am plainly stating that that I do not believe clubs will independently come to the conclusion that QBs contract are out of control and limit the contracts. There will always be another club who will covet the shiny object and open their wallets. I think without an agreement between the clubs they cannot manage to limit the contracts--which is what you want, the contracts limited. However, if they came to such an agreement, it would be collusion (oh my, I said it again *clutches pearls*), thus my theory that that is what you would want: collusion.

And FYI, I work in an industry that has very strict rules against collusion and price-fixing, so I am well versed on what is and is not collusion.

And with that, I'm done. I know you will need the last word, so please proceed.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The only reason to let your QB hit the open market is if you don't want him. Since that was never the case in Dallas the entire speculation is a waste of time and classic MMQB. I guarantee you the Joneses made (and received) a few phone calls to/from teams interested in Dak. There are not enough good QBs to go around in the NFL so regardless of whether you think Dak is a top 5 QB or a top 10 QB you could all but guarantee there would be a couple of teams willing to meet his price. If you let him on the market you run the risk of some team making a "poison pill" offer to him just to screw up your cap. Some NFC team could have offered him the moon just to make you match it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. If you followed along instead of getting your back up about that one word (which obviously triggers you for some reason) you would see that I am plainly stating that that I do not believe clubs will independently come to the conclusion that QBs contract are out of control and limit the contracts. There will always be another club who will covet the shiny object and open their wallets. I think without an agreement between the clubs they cannot manage to limit the contracts--which is what you want, the contracts limited. However, if they came to such an agreement, it would be collusion (oh my, I said it again *clutches pearls*), thus my theory that that is what you would want: collusion.

And FYI, I work in an industry that has very strict rules against collusion and price-fixing, so I am well versed on what is and is not collusion.

And with that, I'm done. I know you will need the last word, so please proceed.

I see, so what exactly did I say that proves your collusion claim. Indulge me. I don't have to have the last word but I have to have some kind of word that is not nonsense or wild claims on your part.

I know you want to duck out because your getting ready to take a beating here.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I see, so what exactly did I say that proves your collusion claim. Indulge me. I don't have to have the last word but I have to have some kind of word that is not nonsense or wild claims on your part.

I know you want to duck out because your getting ready to take a beating here.

Sigh, your "smartest guy in the room routine" is not playing very well today. Especially since you are talking in circles and resorting to ad hominem.