CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason.
Garrett.

Oh, was that not an option?

1gty9i.gif

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They way Brentson Buckner was chewing out the Raiders d line on Hard Knocks last night, the Raiders could be desperate for D Line help.

GoJacks

Reaction score
If you trade Collins, who's playing right tackle then and who's the swing tackle???......the one position on our offensive line that's a weakness is the tackle position's depth, Smith with his constant back problems, and all you have is Fleming as the swing tackle, I'd like to trade a defensive linemen for a quality offensive tackle..
No one is trading quality offensive tackles.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Question for the forum:

Who would you be comfortable with the team trading from either the offensive or defensive lines?
I’d be fine with Taco or Crawford on the DL getting moved for a pick.

On the OL I’d consider maybe a guard like S’ua-Filo if we have the ability to upgrade our swing tackle depth. I have little confidence Smith’s back is going to get more dependable with age and Flemming doesn’t give me the same peace of mind I have at guard depth wise.

75boyz

Reaction score
On the offensive line, I wouldn't trade anybody because McGovern is still injured, but I wouldn't mind trading Taco or Crawford for an offensive tackle because with Smith's back issues, I am not at all comfortable with just Fleming as our swing tackle

This. Totally agree. Need another "serviceable to decent tackle" for the above mentioned issues. Good post.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d be fine with Taco or Crawford on the DL getting moved for a pick.

On the OL I’d consider maybe a guard like S’ua-Filo if we have the ability to upgrade our swing tackle depth. I have little confidence Smith’s back is going to get more dependable with age and Flemming doesn’t give me the same peace of mind I have at guard depth wise.

I don't see enough teams with starting tackles, much less someone willing to trade one. (Other than the Trent Williams fiasco)

stinkface

Reaction score
I think our O line isn't quite as strong as some folks think. D line is different. We could move a couple for sure. I think Crawford I'd move for a 4th rounder in a heartbeat. Taco would have to be a second I'm thinking.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I don't see enough teams with starting tackles, much less someone willing to trade one. (Other than the Trent Williams fiasco)
I should revise and say trade a guard for depth and look at the cast aways to add to what we have at OT. I don’t blame Trent for wanting out of Trashburn, VA and the Skins.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question for the forum:

Who would you be comfortable with the team trading from either the offensive or defensive lines?
OL - I would think it would have to be Joe Looney that's inquired about, you know it cant be a starter and Fleming is only top reserve at OT.
and with injury issues like Martin and McCovern, I would think the team will have to hold on to Sua Filo.

I wouldn't think Brandon Knight or Andy Redmon has much trade value at all.
If Looney is traded ( Pats?) Redmon becomes the immediate center backup.

and DL trade ? Taco would have to be an obvious. .
but who is going to trade for Crawford and that $7 million contract ?
and how much depth are we willing to trade away ?

Let's look at all of the names being mentioned.

Just DL and OL since that's the topic of this thread.

Taco
The Cowboys have more players they want to keep at DL than they have roster spots.
If Crawford stays, then only 1 of Taco/Armstrong/Hyder will be active.
Taco does not appear to have the mental makeup to be inactive now that he has given max effort this pre-season.
Probably a 4th round pick at the very best.

Crawford
He can play and could be a better fit for a team that has an opening at Strong Side DE in a 4-3 or as a DE in 3-4.
The new team would inherit his 7M salary for 2019 and 8M salary for 2020 but those are not guaranteed.
The 7M would be pseudo-guaranteed once the season starts.
They consider Crawford a DE that can play DT when needed.
His ability to provide depth at DT while being primarily a DE if the top 4 DTs stay healthy likely keeps him on the roster.
His competition is Hyder who does have the ability to also provide depth at DT while primarily playing DE.
Due to the salary, the chance of trading Crawford seems low.
Maybe a 7th round pick.

Su'a-Filo
He can play. We say that last season.
He is very low cost about about 800K.
Maybe a 6th or 7th round pick.

Adam Redmond
Can play OG and OC.
Not great but he might be the reason the Cowboys would move on from Su'a-Filo.
Some team might prefer him over Su'a-Filo.
Maybe a 6th or 7th round pick.

Joe Looney
He is likely worth more to the Cowboys than another team would give to get him.
Maybe a 5th round pick at best.

La'el Collins
The Cowboys have not replacement.
They barely have any depth here.
Connor Williams has not practiced at OT in camp.
Fleming would likely struggle if he had to play 16 games.
If Fleming starts they really really don't have a backup.

Trade for a player instead of a draft pick?

RB
If they don't really expect Zeke to return, then a veteran RB is an option.
Cowboys probably content with Morris, but likely many veteran RBs available in trade.

Safety
I think the Cowboys are OK with what they have at Safety.
I think Cowboys like Thompson more than fans like him, but he seems best at FS.
Many people have posted about Karl Joseph in Oakland.
Joseph does fit in that he is an SS. He's a bit small at SS (5'9-3/4", 205).

I really think the Cowboys have more players already than roster spots.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not from the OL unless we could get a 2nd for Collins.
DL it would depend on who it was.
Obviously Quinn, Lawrence, Collins, Hill, Woods are off limits.
Taco I'd only trade if the value was a third round pick or so.
Of course, if somebody is willing to take Crawford's salary, I'd be very open to that.
The rest are very touchable if the price is good.
If you trade Collins, who's playing right tackle then and who's the swing tackle???......the one position on our offensive line that's a weakness is the tackle position's depth, Smith with his constant back problems, and all you have is Fleming as the swing tackle, I'd like to trade a defensive linemen for a quality offensive tackle..

The top priority is to have the best players this season. Getting draft pick is a secondary goal.

There is no replacement for La'el Collins.

Connor Williams has not practiced at OT in training camp.

Fleming could be a probably if he had to play 16 games.

If Fleming was starting, then they really have no backup behind him.