News: PFT: Tony Romo throws in pregame warmups

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo continues to be out with a compression fracture in his L1 vertebrate. But there some good news hiding in plain sight before Sunday’s game at Washington. Romo, per multiple league sources, threw 15-20 passes in pregame warmups on Sunday at Washington. He maxed out at 20 yards. The goal continues to be a…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2412289&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I love the way Dak has come in and played as a rookie, he gives us a chance to win games. But Tony wins games, the debate about who starts might be real next year it Dak continues his progression but it is silly this year.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love the way Dak has come in and played as a rookie, he gives us a chance to win games. But Tony wins games, the debate about who starts might be real next year it Dak continues his progression but it is silly this year.
I'm not sure. Going 8-8 with Dak Prescott is MUCH more promising than going 8-8 with Tony Romo at this point in TR's career. By the time he comes back, it will be clear who should be the starter.

And JG will obviously pick the other guy.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
If he comes back for that game, the Eagles will put him out for good. Maybe it can be a non issue. Either way, this is an 8-8 team at best. Defense is not up to par.

I'll eat crow as necessary, but I'll be shocked if wentz is as good as he was last week. 8-8 seems to be he goal in this conference.

Reactions: Ken

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Going 8-8 with Dak Prescott is MUCH more promising than going 8-8 with Tony Romo at this point in TR's career. By the time he comes back, it will be clear who should be the starter.

And JG will obviously pick the other guy.

When Dak play QB as well as Romo does you can have a conversation, until then it's silly.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When Dak play QB as well as Romo does you can have a conversation, until then it's silly.
Debatable. If the defense is bad enough we're going 7-9 anyway, there's a legitimate option to prep for the future and get him better.

I love Romo. I always have. But if the D continues to be bad (against real teams), the Romo window might be closed.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Debatable. If the defense is bad enough we're going 7-9 anyway, there's a legitimate option to prep for the future and get him better.

I love Romo. I always have. But if the D continues to be bad (against real teams), the Romo window might be closed.

Romo can make 7-9, 9-7 by himself, we have D reinforcements coming. We would be 2-0 with Romo starting.

I love Dak, but you play the best QB until there is no reason too and I like Dak a lot for the future.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo can make 7-9, 9-7 by himself, we have D reinforcements coming. We would be 2-0 with Romo starting.

I love Dak, but you play the best QB until there is no reason too and I like Dak a lot for the future.
And I think that is completely reasonable. I think we can both agree there is a lot of football left before Tony is game ready and we'll have a good idea what this guy is about.

And we can both agree that Dak needs to make the most of playing against a bad Bears defense.