News: PFT: Tony Romo throws in pregame warmups

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Romo is no fool.

He knows how he got his job and he's not trying to get Romoed by Dak. He's going to make sure people know he's rehabbing well and make no mistake that he'll be the first to tell us when he's ready to return.

Ken

Reaction score
I'll eat crow as necessary, but I'll be shocked if wentz is as good as he was last week. 8-8 seems to be he goal in this conference.
He won't be...

He went against a high school defense last week who had safeties who didn't react to him staring at his WRs.....

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I really think Romo is worried about his job. This is a good thing because I believe for the first time that he will be even more hungrier than the past when he is ready to return. Dak presents a threat to him.

silver

Reaction score
At least this year we don't need to rush him back like last year. Let him heal completely.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
For the first time in his career, there seems to be a legit backup. He has to be feeling a little extra pressure to get back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Going 8-8 with Dak Prescott is MUCH more promising than going 8-8 with Tony Romo at this point in TR's career. By the time he comes back, it will be clear who should be the starter.

And JG will obviously pick the other guy.
If I thought it'd be 8-8 either way, I'd agree.
But I tend to think this year they're 6-10 (maybe 7-9) with Dak, but 11-5 (maybe 10-6) with Romo.
But if Romo cant stay healthy after his return,the point will be moot.
Either way, longer term, I'm pretty stoked about Dak.

Last edited:

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Hoping he can come back for the cincy game. Gonna be tough to bear cincy and green bay with Romo let alone without him

aria

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the pressure the Giants brought on Brees today? They will do the same thing if/when Romo comes back and I fear it will be similar which isn't a good thing. I think they respected Dak's mobility which is why they didn't bring as much pressure against him as they did Brees. I only used the Giants as a reference since we just played them and Brees is about as immobile as Romo. I believe other teams will have a similar strategy. Personally I think it's Dak's job to lose at this point, not the other way around.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I really think Romo is worried about his job. This is a good thing because I believe for the first time that he will be even more hungrier than the past when he is ready to return. Dak presents a threat to him.
Right. The team has 100% neglected the QB position and he has never had competition. Then we luck out with Dak and now there is a whole bunch of competition. Dak replaced the starter on his high school team and on his college team when those players were injured. They never got their jobs back, same will happen with Romo.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Right. The team has 100% neglected the QB position and he has never had competition. Then we luck out with Dak and now there is a whole bunch of competition. Dak has replaced his the starter on his high school team and on his college team when those players were injured. They never got their jobs back, same will happen with Romo.

I'm in the camp of believing he won't play another meaningful down in a Cowboys uniform. He has hardly played since 2014. If this team is winning, it makes zero sense to make a switch mid season.

aria

Reaction score
Just for the record, I'm not bashing Romo. I appreciate everything he's done for us but at some point it's time to move on. I say this not only because I like our options mich more with Dak and think he will only get better with each game but also for Tony's own health.

Seriously, he's one hit away from a wheel chair. I know a guy who had spinal problems, tripped flat on his face, couldn't move his legs and now he's a paraplegic. A 350 lb lineman or 250 lb linebacker bearing down on you at full speed is nothing to play around with when you have a history like Tony does. I know it's not an ideal way to go out but for the love of God, think of your future and forget a dang SB ring.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It works both ways folks, more reps helps Dak develop. More reps give defensive coordinators more game-planning material.