News: PFT: Tony Romo throws in pregame warmups

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It speaks to the level of confidence dak has inspired that this thread hasn't blown up. Last year this would have been a 20 pager
Ur the third post....at least wait til it blows up before proclaiming it blew up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hoping he can come back for the cincy game. Gonna be tough to bear cincy and green bay with Romo let alone without him
Can't imagine he'd be back that early.

Tend to think Dak is the man for four more weeks
I also think each game will be a greater challenge
Relative "easiest" 1st:
Chicago at home
SF on the road
Cincy at home
Green Bay on the road

If the team can split those, itll be a nice aconplishment with Dak at the helm.

Then I think Romo returns or as long and he can stay healthy...or when he eventually gets to the point where hes not effective.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I'm in the camp of believing he won't play another meaningful down in a Cowboys uniform. He has hardly played since 2014. If this team is winning, it makes zero sense to make a switch mid season.

Agreed 100%. If he keeps playing well and the Cowboys give the job back to Romo... the fans and media will go insane. I can't deal with Romo coming back and being "rusty" etc. This is now Dak's team to lose. If he wants the QB job going forward, he just needs to keep doing what he is doing now. That is exactly what I see him doing too. I think he only gets better from here. This kid is a big time winner. He is so freaking passionate out there. He was PISSED on the first drive when they had to settle for a FG.

aria

Reaction score
I'm in the camp of "he will play another meaningful down".
He may...if Dak gets injured or probably will because JJ will "mandate" he does which would be a bad decision IMO unless Dak all of the sudden wets the bed.

If anyone looked at Romo's stats last year against the Giants (2 TD's, 2 INT's) or against Miami (2 TD's, 2 INT's) or against Carolina (0 TD's and 3 INT's in 21 attempts) and said those were Dak's stats what would everyone be saying? Bench him? Probably. Yet those are the stats of this "elite qb" that some of you want to see replace the guy who is on his way to perhaps being our future franchise QB so he can sit on the bench for half a season and lose valuable playing time. This concept blows my mind.

Dak hasn't thrown any int's and has had dropped td passes. He is mobile, protects the ball and makes very good decisions, especially for a rookie. Defenses are having to plan around his mobility instead of blitzing like there's no tomorrow. The benefits go on and on. Yes, Tony reads defenses better and can call more audibles but at this point I still like Dak over Romo.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tom Waddle put it best. If the Cowboys are 1-6 or 6-1, the decision to bring Romo back is a lot harder than if they're 4-3 or 3-4. The fact is, if they're so good they're 6-1, why ruin a good thing? At the same time, if they're 1-6, they need to look to the future.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
This. He's on his last leg as a starting QB. I could see him as a QB coach in a year or two.
Please no. That dude is bad luck. I have even seen him jinx college basketball games. He needs to go enjoy his beautiful family and relax.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He may...if Dak gets injured or probably will because JJ will "mandate" he does which would be a bad decision IMO unless Dak all of the sudden wets the bed.

If anyone looked at Romo's stats last year against the Giants (2 TD's, 2 INT's) or against Miami (2 TD's, 2 INT's) or against Carolina (0 TD's and 3 INT's in 21 attempts) and said those were Dak's stats what would everyone be saying? Bench him? Probably. Yet those are the stats of this "elite qb" that some of you want to see replace the guy who is on his way to perhaps being our future franchise QB so he can sit on the bench for half a season and lose valuable playing time. This concept blows my mind.

Dak hasn't thrown any int's and has had dropped td passes. He is mobile, protects the ball and makes very good decisions, especially for a rookie. Defenses are having to plan around his mobility instead of blitzing like there's no tomorrow. The benefits go on and on. Yes, Tony reads defenses better and can call more audibles but at this point I still like Dak over Romo.
fwiw, your Giants stats are wrong.

Anyway, He got hurt during the Eagles game and was not the same. Everyone knows they rushed him back too soon.

The only full game played "healthy" last year was the Giants game.

He had a 103 QB rating, a preposterous 80% completion rate, and passed for the game-winning TD with time running out.

This after just coming off a near MVP level year.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
He got hurt during the Eagles game and was not the same. Everyone knows they rushed him back too soon.

The only full game played "healthy" last year was the Giants game.

He had a 103 QB rating, a preposterous 80% completion rate, and passed for the game-winning TD with time running out.

This after just coming off a near MVP level year.
And now he's over one year older with quite a few more injuries. What makes you think he won't rush himself back after seeing the way Dak is playing? That Giants also had the worst defense in the league last year and may have been dead last against the pass. We were one of 8 teams to come from behind in the final 2 minutes.

BTW, I also seem to remember most people couldn't wait for him to come back and kept talking about how great we would be once he finally did. Boy were they wrong! I just hope he doesn't come back, Dak sits and Romo gets a serious injury and next year you're telling me "everyone knew he shouldn't have played another snap".

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I am happy with Dak's play but people just lose me with this stuff. Dak's performance from today doesn't even crack Romo's top 75 games. We have zero TD passes and something like 1 deep pass (pass that travels 16 yards in the air or more) through 2 games. Our run game is mucked up because of all the shotgun since our QB can't play under center. Our offense has become this weird offshoot of play action plays and roll outs because we are desperate to get the QB safe throws. And it worked... I can't even think of a single throw today that had to thread the needle or was lofted over a defender's outstretched hands. I'm pretty sure that Romo could come in the game right now with zero practice and throw slants to a wide open Beasley or Bryant.
I know that because we are 3-13 over the last year that when we just have a QB complete a few passes in a row it seems to be some amazing thing. To have a QB controversy, the backup QB has to play BETTER than the QB he has replaced. Dak hasn't even played an average Romo game yet. We have zero TD passes and zero big plays in two games... let that sink in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And now he's over one year older with quite a few more injuries. What makes you think he won't rush himself back after seeing the way Dak is playing? That Giants also had the worst defense in the league last year and may have been dead last against the pass. We were one of 8 teams to come from behind in the final 2 minutes.

BTW, I also seem to remember most people couldn't wait for him to come back and kept talking about how great we would be once he finally did. Boy were they wrong! I just hope he doesn't come back, Dak sits and Romo gets a serious injury and next year you're telling me "everyone knew he shouldn't have played another snap".
Well, one thing we can agree on is that he shouldnt rush back.
Dak gives him that luxury.
My guess is its after the bye week.
Meanwhile, he is spending hours every week after practice with Dak in the film room. He likes the kid and wants him to be good. Fwiw

slick325

Reaction score
Hoping he can come back for the cincy game. Gonna be tough to bear cincy and green bay with Romo let alone without him

I think that's the timeline as well. Cincy is over 6 weeks from the injury so not outside the realm of possibility.

Good to hear but not really surprising. Doctors wouldn't allow him to be flying with the team if the injury was as grave as folks on this Board and opposing fans would lead you to believe.