PFW: Three of the Top 10 Draft Picks Admit to Smoking Marijuana

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1460291 said:
btw, Johnson could admit to beastiality and he would still go top 2

Every team is pretty sure that he won't dog it on the field.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Anybody remember Quincy Carter and the drug rumors that came with him, just say no to these three, we wasted about two years on dope, yes it matters in the NFL, you can't tell a rec user from an adict which is what Q was/is--he gave it all up for weed...

superpunk

Reaction score
BARRYRAY;1460708 said:
Anybody remember Quincy Carter and the drug rumors that came with him, just say no to these three, we wasted about two years on dope, yes it matters in the NFL, you can't tell a rec user from an adict which is what Q was/is--he gave it all up for weed...

What a ridiculous statement.

Quincy gave it all up because he heard the call of the Alouette, not for weed. Crikey...:mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC39013lg.jpg

My momma talkin to me tryin to tell me how to live
But I don't listen to her cause my head is like a sieve

Some will get it...some won't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1460717 said:

Up In Smoke, classic movie.

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
CJ = Man Crushes = Softened Stances on the Marijuana Issue

Seriously, I bet if that players name wasn't included, this place would be lit up with judgements. I've seen the Ricky Williams threads.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GlitzCowboy;1460721 said:
CJ = Man Crushes = Softened Stances on the Marijuana Issue

Seriously, I bet if that players name wasn't included, this place would be lit up with judgements. I've seen the Ricky Williams threads.

It depends on the player and the level of use.

We all understand it is illegal. There will be arguments of whether it should or should not be illegal.

However the question one would have to ask or look at here is the level of these players use.

If it was just a college kid that tried it a couple of times than chances are it is no big deal. It is no worse than a frat party with keggers and getting silly arse drunk. By no worse I mean it is something that happens in a college atmosphere and kids that have been cut loose in that stage of their lives.

However if it is something that a player decides is what they choose to do on a regular basis and feels no need to stop than that is another story.

Ricky Williams was busted multiple times and still decided that he wanted to use the Mary Jane. That goes beyond just experimenting with MJ or just living some crazy party lifestyle as a young guy in college.

I can pretty much guarantee you that the majority of people here have either smoked it a few times or have had people they know smoked a few times yet have went on to have productive and respectable lives.

There are probably many that still smoke it and lead respectable and productive lives.

It all depends on the level of use IMO.

With that said it still is illegal so if they get busted for it there is no reason to whine about it. Whine about the law and try to make it legal but until then you make the choice to do something illegal.

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
On a side note, I'd highly doubt the Raiders will go anywhere near CJ now with that #1 pick. Not after Moss' basic admission to the same exact thing last year, combined with his lackluster effort on the field.

Sure there's a degree of "integrity" for admitting it, but just like the case with Moss last year, it's a case of brash attention seeking. It's illegal, everybody knows this, most players smoke it, everybody also knows this, yet only a miniscue handful of players would ever have the mentality or "brashness" to ever admit it. A cause for concern has to be had. Bottom line, they're making public stances over an illegal substance, regardless of it's harmless nature or not. They haven't even reached the NFL and already they're trying to be "badasses". Red flags have risen.

PS. I smoke everyday. But I'm not up for getting a million dollars, nor do I have talent that will diminish from it's use. And even if I did or was, I wouldn't jeopardize my career 2 weeks before the draft to admit I was doing it. Serious cause for concern, IMHO. And yea, CJ is right in that group! As I remember, Ricky WIlliams had that "special something" at his position, also....which weed literally, single-handedly destroyed. That guy could have easily been one of very few with a chance at running for the rushing record had he stayed on the right path. How good is CJ looking right now?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
There is a big difference in a guy who smokes pot during the offseason and on weekends instead of drinking alcohol ....... and a lazy guy like Ricky Williams who would rather smoke pot than play Football.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1460196 said:
That just means that 7 guys are smart enough to keep their mouths shut..

you mean "lie" and get caught later and be a "known liar"?

i'd pass on that for sure.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1460733 said:
It depends on the player and the level of use.

We all understand it is illegal. There will be arguments of whether it should or should not be illegal.

However the question one would have to ask or look at here is the level of these players use.

If it was just a college kid that tried it a couple of times than chances are it is no big deal. It is no worse than a frat party with keggers and getting silly arse drunk. By no worse I mean it is something that happens in a college atmosphere and kids that have been cut loose in that stage of their lives.

However if it is something that a player decides is what they choose to do on a regular basis and feels no need to stop than that is another story.

Ricky Williams was busted multiple times and still decided that he wanted to use the Mary Jane. That goes beyond just experimenting with MJ or just living some crazy party lifestyle as a young guy in college.

I can pretty much guarantee you that the majority of people here have either smoked it a few times or have had people they know smoked a few times yet have went on to have productive and respectable lives.

There are probably many that still smoke it and lead respectable and productive lives.

It all depends on the level of use IMO.

With that said it still is illegal so if they get busted for it there is no reason to whine about it. Whine about the law and try to make it legal but until then you make the choice to do something illegal.

of course, i disagree. a close friend i know would smoke 3 times a day yet he made a 6 figure income, worked 60 hours a week, and rarely would i see him be "lazy".

if someone wants to be lazy, pot is a good excuse. but if not that there would be something else. alcohol does more "damage" due to it's addictive nature and the fact it's legal so people *will* look the other way on it more often than not.

i the end i totally agree with you - it's illegal and if you choose to use, if you get busted, shut up and pay the price. whether it should be legal *today* isn't relevant - it's not.

all that said, i am amazed that someone like r. williams would throw away millions of $$$ to smoke pot.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1460717 said:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: Awesome!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its like this. Everyone at some point has smoked the reefer.

Its cool... Its not really a big deal, and if you want to compare it to Alcohol the Alcohol is physically much worse for you.

Just about all these guys at some point have tried it and 3 guys who had a lot at stake had the courage to admit to it should not be punished. That shows character in my opinion that they wouldnt lie.

Im not a pot head or anything but thats just how I feel about it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;1461104 said:
Its like this. Everyone at some point has smoked the reefer.
It's like this...no I haven't. I highly doubt I am unique. Some people are smart enough to stay away.

I am always amused at the rationale that something must be okay because lots of people do it. Lots of littlekids eat boogers too. Must be okay.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1461115 said:
It's like this...no I haven't. I highly doubt I am unique. Some people are smart enough to stay away.

I am always amused at the rationale that something must be okay because lots of people do it. Lots of littlekids eat boogers too. Must be okay.

I agree...not everybody has done it.

With that said I have no problem with those that have tried it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461126 said:
I agree...not everybody has done it.

With that said I have no problem with those that have tried it.
I never said I have a problem with those who try it. I do however have a problem with those who continue to use it and that justifies why others should.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1461129 said:
I never said I have a problem with those who try it. I do however have a problem with those who continue to use it and that justifies why others should.

I also don't have a problem with those that still use it. If they are doing it in a responsible way.

Nor did I see him saying that people SHOULD just because they have.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hostile;1461129 said:

BrAinPaiNt;1461132 said:
I also don't have a problem with those that still use it. If they are doing it in a responsible way.

Nor did I see him saying that people SHOULD just because they have.
Part of my post bolded for emphasis.