Twitter: Phil Costa retires from NFL

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I

It is far from a contest. You are the always the first that tries to shame somebody for being right. I gave my take as to why Costa would never develop back when the debate was a hot topic. I gave valid reasons why and was blasted for being negative. I am not concerned with your opinion of me being right or wrong. I gave an accurate evaluation which turned out to be correct. I really don't keep up with it, you seem to do that for me.

Honesty. If people perceive me as trying to shame them I should be more careful how I post. FWIW that is never my intention and the reality is someone must choose to feel that. But still I don't want to diminish your perception.

I'm trying to moderate. I'll address it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the beginning I didn't want a dislike button for the exact same reasons you stated. After seeing how many "likes" a poster gets for posting something stupid or negative, such as "Garret sucks". I think actually, a dislike button will cut down on the frivolous negative banter. I say do both, if not, eliminate them all together. I know we have to protect the really fragile for instance, Idgit, but I am willing to stand up for him and his contributions. It's sad how PC the world is becoming.

As far as Costa. I didn't read pages 3-12 but i think I know what was between the lines. Costa worked his arse off through college to make it to the NFL, he did in fact make it. He gave it his all and for whatever reason he came up short just like a thousand others. I just never understood why he was such a polarizing figure. His resume includes "played professional football for the Dallas Cowboys". Nobody on this board can claim that. He is what he is but that ain't so bad. I think he deserves a little respect.

I can only speak for myself but if there was a dislike button I would seriously watch what I post.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honesty. If people perceive me as trying to shame them I should be more careful how I post. FWIW that is never my intention and the reality is someone must choose to feel that. But still I don't want to diminish your perception.

I'm trying to moderate. I'll address it.

People perceive a ton of things that aren't ever there. In the post you quoted, for example, his perception is that he was right about Phil Costa. They also fail to perceive a lot of things which are explicitly stated multiple times.

My personal opinion is that I've yet to see you attempt to shame anybody, in any post, and that you shouldn't even spend much time reflecting on an opinion to the contrary. But that's my two cents. Perhaps I've failed to perceive something in several of your posts.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
lol What is this obsession with the "like" or "dislike" button stuff? What are we, 12 years old? Is there some sort of prize awarded to someone with the most likes? lol A cash award, a new car, a trip to Disney Land?

(stupid cowboy fans)

Not sure honestly, but I suppose you and I come here for different reasons than other folks. I come here to entertain myself, read Cowboys/NFL news when there is some and check out what is going on in the "Off-Topic" zone. Social acceptance has never quite been my motivation for coming here, but every now and then there are some posts that just need a thumbs up so I push that little like button to let them know.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Not sure honestly, but I suppose you and I come here for different reasons than other folks. I come here to entertain myself, read Cowboys/NFL news when there is some and check out what is going on in the "Off-Topic" zone. Social acceptance has never quite been my motivation for coming here, but every now and then there are some posts that just need a thumbs up so I push that little like button to let them know.

I come here to gauge how accepted I am on this site and to try to figure out just how many people approve of my love of the Cowboys and just how I can change as a fan to make more people happy.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This thread is super dooper.
I never would have found out why Costa suddenly retired if it wasn't for this 14 pages of Risen worship and likes/dislikes discussion.

I hope, in the case of Costa, that this isn't some spiraling situation and it ends badly. I've seen it happen to guys and this seems like an ominous progression of events.
Hopefully he simply decided to take his gotten gains and ride off into the sunset with a smile on his face and a body that won't yet betray him.

visionary

Reaction score
I come here to gauge how accepted I am on this site and to try to figure out just how many people approve of my love of the Cowboys and just how I can change as a fan to make more people happy.

you deserve a 'like' for this post
i can see how you have taken my criticism to heart and grown as a fan over the years

bravo

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
People perceive a ton of things that aren't ever there. In the post you quoted, for example, his perception is that he was right about Phil Costa. They also fail to perceive a lot of things which are explicitly stated multiple times.

My personal opinion is that I've yet to see you attempt to shame anybody, in any post, and that you shouldn't even spend much time reflecting on an opinion to the contrary. But that's my two cents. Perhaps I've failed to perceive something in several of your posts.

It's his perceptions so I'll acknowledge them whether they are grounded in reality or not. I wish I were powerful enough to make people feel what I wish. I'd use it on my children. In fact it's always been my perception the only thing that listens to me at all is the dog.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
It's his perceptions so I'll acknowledge them whether they are grounded in reality or not. I wish I were powerful enough to make people feel what I wish. I'd use it on my children. In fact it's always been my perception the only thing that listens to me at all is the dog.

Only because you keep a stash of meat in your pocket
...alledgedly

:)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol What is this obsession with the "like" or "dislike" button stuff? What are we, 12 years old? Is there some sort of prize awarded to someone with the most likes? lol A cash award, a new car, a trip to Disney Land?

(stupid cowboy fans)
Is there some sort of prize you ask? By golly gee sir, yes there IS! In fact, there are prizessssss!

***​

Grand Prize: Gameday In Jerry's Luxury Box!
Sit with the Cowboys owner during a home game! Eat and drink for free while Jones picks his nose!

2nd Prize: Teach The Head Coach!
Enjoy a one-on-one teacher/student session with Coach Garrett, where you're the teacher!

3rd Prize: Workout With The QB!
That's right! It's you and the quarterback of America's Team working out together
as he sheds the 200 pounds gained after undergoing back surgery!

and last (but not least!)

4th Prize: Capanomics with Stephen!
Discover the fine art of salary cap contracts with the one and only Stephen Jones!
Just remember to shove Jerry out the room when Stephen starts talking incentives!

This fabulous showcase can be YOURS if the price IS right! Back to you Drew! :D

Don't you dare call me a stupid Cowboy fan! :mad:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

You get your dog to listen to you? If I could only be so luck! All 4 of them ignore me except when I have food. Brats! Love my dogs though

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Is there some sort of prize you ask? By golly gee sir, yes there IS! In fact, there are prizessssss!

***​

Grand Prize: Gameday In Jerry's Luxury Box!
Sit with the Cowboys owner during a home game! Eat and drink for free while Jones picks his nose!

2nd Prize: Teach The Head Coach!
Enjoy a one-on-one teacher/student session with Coach Garrett, where you're the teacher!

3rd Prize: Workout With The QB!
That's right! It's you and the quarterback of America's Team working out together
as he sheds the 200 pounds gained after undergoing back surgery!

and last (but not least!)

4th Prize: Capanomics with Stephen!
Discover the fine art of salary cap contracts with the one and only Stephen Jones!
Just remember to shove Jerry out the room when Stephen starts talking incentives!

This fabulous showcase can be YOURS if the price IS right! Back to you Drew! :D

Don't you dare call me a stupid Cowboy fan! :mad:

Stupid Cowboys Fan!!! :p

Oh and I think Mettenberger will win first prize as he will eat Jerruhs boogers :eek: