Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

MikeT22

Reaction score
They are not only blasting that move but they are blasting the move to get Kevin Byard. No one on that team, coaching staff, or front office is safe from their hate right now except for a few guys like Kelce, Lane Johnson, Brandon Graham, and Fletcher Cox.

If this continues to go sideways and Kelce, Graham, and Cox decide retiring is the next option then the Eagles are staring $52 million of dead cap space in the face from just those 3 guys.
Kelce, Graham, Cox and starting LB Cunningham are all UFA's this year. Would not be surprised to see at least 2 of the first 3 retire.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Kelce, Graham, Cox and starting LB Cunningham are all UFA's this year. Would not be surprised to see at least 2 of the first 3 retire.
Yes, they are free agents with cap money tied up in future years that can be voided. As soon as they retire those cap dollars accelerate and create $52 million dead cap space.

plymkr

Reaction score
Reports are circulating that the big problem in Philly has become Lurie. Supposedly he was heavily involved in choosing the assistant coaches this year and was heavily involved in the demotion of Desai for Matt Patricia as DC. The feeling is that Lurie hired Sirianni because he was a young inexperienced coach that Lurie could have influence over. I'm not sure how much credibility there is to this but Eagles' fans are talking about it on their forum. Apparently the media, especially Seth Joyner, is all over Lurie saying he is the problem. It's a blood bath on their forum right now. Everyone is taking a beating including Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni, the assistant coaches, and JALEN HURTS.

Hurts - they are all mad because the way that Hurts' contract is structured it is basically a 5 year guaranteed contract due to how Howie pushed all of the cap hits into voided years added to the contract. Trying to cut Hurts prior to 5 years would create an enormous dead cap hit. They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.
So Lurie is following the Jerry Jones model of organizational leadership. Well that’s good news for us.

GMO415

Reaction score

200w.gif

zeroburrito

Reaction score
he's fine as a coach. outside of the defense hurts is killing that team. he has the best oline and wr squad in the entire league and putting up pedestrian numbers. the man should have 45+ tosses easy.

Blackrain

Reaction score
They are not only blasting that move but they are blasting the move to get Kevin Byard. No one on that team, coaching staff, or front office is safe from their hate right now except for a few guys like Kelce, Lane Johnson, Brandon Graham, and Fletcher Cox.

If this continues to go sideways and Kelce, Graham, and Cox decide retiring is the next option then the Eagles are staring $52 million of dead cap space in the face from just those 3 guys

That's funny I don't care who you are

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh goodie, cry and beg Andy Reid to come back again!

CWR

Reaction score
LOL ... Typical mania - both fans and media presence. Suffer in their misery.

i'm also hearing in Philly, they are really hating the Shaq Leonard signing.

He cannot move. He's stiff and always a tick late.
his back issues has clearly made him a mere shell of former self.

Seems like we really lucked out big time with not signing him.
At least he gets to play with Dawgs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have gone from thinking Hurts is trash to top QB. I'm believe those people who called him a system QB are right. I'm leaning back towards Hurts is trash.