Philly or GB?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I cant decide who to root for tomorrow. On one hand having a chance to bury Philly early (put them 3 games back) is fantastic. On the other hand we are already competing with GB for best record in the conference.

Who are you rooting for and why?

Root for GB. Winning the division is the #1 priority. Another loss and that is a very big lead. Philly is good and they will go on a roll when they get completely healthy.

Retro88

Reaction score
I cant decide who to root for tomorrow. On one hand having a chance to bury Philly early (put them 3 games back) is fantastic. On the other hand we are already competing with GB for best record in the conference.

Green Bay for sure. I want to put as much distance as possible on our only credible division threat. Plus, GB has a tough division. They'll lose some games there

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I’m definitely pulling for Green Bay. Kill Filthy off and the division is ours. We’ll take care of Green Bay the following week.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
basher-saints.gif

Can’t root for the eagles and want the packers to win. With that said, as many of you have pointed out, eagles loss and we take care of business next week against the pack. Well, same rule applies with philly win. We take care of business and pack goes down 2 games on HFA and we beat the eagles twice head to head, that’s 4 losses for the filthy birds.

jay94

Reaction score
A tie, statistically speaking, unfortunately it would likely be best for the Eagles to win. I don't like either team, I despise the Eagles. No unlike Phili I won't cheer for any injuries, these are real life people like you and me, such a disgusting city. You have someone giving **** to their players and he gets free tickets, only in Phili, yes he is a firefighter, but fed up nonetheless.

whynot

Reaction score
Always root for the divisional opponent to lose. We can sort out the playoffs later.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

rooting for a team doesnt help them win lol.
So may the best team win, either way one gets a loss.
That said I think I would rather gb win.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Id like to see the Eagles beat the packers.

Packers to me are a bit underrated. To me they are the best team together with us in the NFC right now. and they will only get better if they figure out their offense. which they will imo.

The game against them will be huge for us. Especially if we can get homefield adv. throughout the playoffs. Playing in winter at GB is not good for any team.

So being a game in front of them and then beating them in our house wouldbe huge for us.

75boyz

Reaction score

Going for Green Bay but I think Philly wins because of the way they lost their last 2 games by dropping 2 catchable and game deciding passes.
They have their backs against the wall by being 2 games behind already and I bet they play hard and focused against GB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Green Bay.

The Eagles are in an early tailspin and I think it's best for the Cowboys if that continues. The other teams in the division have a combined 2 wins out of nine games, winning the division guarantees a playoff spot.

I'll worry about "best records" much later in the season.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
2 of my top-3 most hated teams in the league. But this one is easy... Go Pack Go.

With that said, GB looks legit this year now that they have a defense. Will be a great matchup when we face them next weekend. Really hope we beat them to set the tone.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch Philly win this one. Backs to the wall, and I am not impressed with GB. Their offense is okay but nothing stellar.

But the Packers defense is. The Eagles haven't been playing well and are dealing with a lot of early season injuries. They're in a tailspin and they're ripe for the pickin'!

I'll be shocked if the Eagles were to somehow pull this game out. They had to mount a huge comeback to beat the Commanders and then lost to Atlanta and Detroit.

They've got issues and they're in trouble. Looking at their upcoming schedule, if they lose this one, I can see them going 8-8 on the year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 of my top-3 most hated teams in the league. But this one is easy... Go Pack Go.

With that said, GB looks legit this year now that they have a defense. Really hope we beat them next weekend to set the tone.

I'm trying to avoid the temptation of looking past what will be a tough game against the Saints, but if both teams win, it sets up a huge showdown of undefeated next week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This should be a heck of a game tonight. Philly may have some injuries but they clearly have their backs against the wall. Losing 3 games this early in the season would be very hard to overcome. Hate to say it is do or die tonight for Philly but this pretty much could seal their fate

75boyz

Reaction score
This should be a heck of a game tonight. Philly may have some injuries but they clearly have their backs against the wall. Losing 3 games this early in the season would be very hard to overcome. Hate to say it is do or die tonight for Philly but this pretty much could seal their fate

Yup. This is how I see it as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the Eagles are really in trouble tonight. I think their defensive issues line up for Aaron Rodgers having a big night. The Eagles can't get pressure on the quarterback (just 2 sacks in 3 games) and their pass defense hasn't been good. They rank 29th in pass defense, giving up nearly 300 yards a game on average.

And their top cornerback Darby will miss several weeks with a hamstring injury.

That's a bad combination.

Unless you're a Packers fan.