*Phoenix Suns*2008-2009 Thread

Route 66

Reaction score
Rampage;2426358 said:
another cheapshot by shaq:rolleyes:

.....and another cheap comment from you.

I'm sure it bothers you greatly to see the Suns have a better record than your team. That makes the wins that much more enjoyable for me. My team could not win another game the rest of the season and I could wake up the next day ok unlike yourself. :)

Route 66

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2425585 said:
Wishful thinking....

Suns beat Pistons... Pistons beat Lakers.... Suns beat Lakers????

Where is the post about wishing anything about beating the Lakers? Delusioned perhaps?

Route 66

Reaction score
DCgirl13;2425015 said:
Yea no kidding. Sometimes it's probably better to go in as the underdog because the pressure isn't as bad. We've seen how the Suns handle the pressure being the #2 seed...

We've got tickets to the Lakers game this week that we can't go to. Do you know of anyone who would want to go?

I wish I could but I don't live in Phoenix now.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Rowdy;2426420 said:
I wish I could but I don't live in Phoenix now.
It's ok, we are going to go if they don't sell. It's just hard on us because the game starts at 8:30 and we both get up really early for work.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Aww man, I can't believe the Suns lost that bad to the Lakers last night. We went to the game because nobody bought our tickets, but we left at half-time because it was already really late. There were so many Laker fans there and they were being SO obnoxious that it almost made it not fun. I can see rooting for your team, but don't come up into another teams arena and start sh1t. The first half was fun though, definitely playoff atmosphere.

Route 66

Reaction score
Well the better team won last night. We will see what happens the rest of the season.

Route 66

Reaction score
Seems like a Suns team on the verge of imploding...

I'm willing to scrap everyone and start over. :)

Stoudemire voices displeasure with system

3 comments by Paul Coro - Nov. 28, 2008 08:33 PM
The Arizona Republic

It is not just the perimeter players who are showing displeasure with the Suns' new offense.

Suns power forward Amaré Stoudemire, in an interview after the Nov. 20 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, told espn.com that he wants to be the go-to guy in an offense that now starts with Shaquille O'Neal post-ups.

"You've got LeBron James who's a featured guy," Stoudemire told espn.com. "You've got Dwyane Wade. He's a featured guy. Dwight Howard? They go to him. Chris Bosh? They go to him. Bottom line: I want to be that guy. I want to show the league and the world that I feel like my game has improved to that level."

When asked if Suns coach Terry Porter's system can do that, he said, "I'm not sure."

The Suns lost 105-92 to the Lakers with Stoudemire making 9 of 21 shots.

"They were fluid, flowing," Stoudemire said of the Lakers to espn.com. "Just doing what they do. I remember when we looked like that."

Stoudemire also talked to espn.com about possible free agency in 2010, when he can join the A-list if he opts out of his contract. Such talk is bound to produce trade rumors with Stoudemire continuing to not rebound and defend like a superstar. In recent games, his offensive involvement or aggressiveness has been curtailed.

"Absolutely!" Stoudemire told espn.com when asked about whether he thinks about 2010 free agency. "You have to look at those opportunities because this is a business and you want to explore every option. I guarantee you every owner will explore their options, especially when a player's contract is up. So it's the same for players. It's definitely the same for me.

"As a player, you should look at the teams you might want to play for. The city you may want to live in. The system you may want to play in. The economy. The cost of living. Everything. It's about what's best for you."

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Rowdy;2450293 said:
Seems like a Suns team on the verge of imploding...

I'm willing to scrap everyone and start over. :)

Stoudemire voices displeasure with system

3 comments by Paul Coro - Nov. 28, 2008 08:33 PM
The Arizona Republic

It is not just the perimeter players who are showing displeasure with the Suns' new offense.

Suns power forward Amaré Stoudemire, in an interview after the Nov. 20 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, told espn.com that he wants to be the go-to guy in an offense that now starts with Shaquille O'Neal post-ups.

"You've got LeBron James who's a featured guy," Stoudemire told espn.com. "You've got Dwyane Wade. He's a featured guy. Dwight Howard? They go to him. Chris Bosh? They go to him. Bottom line: I want to be that guy. I want to show the league and the world that I feel like my game has improved to that level."

When asked if Suns coach Terry Porter's system can do that, he said, "I'm not sure."

The Suns lost 105-92 to the Lakers with Stoudemire making 9 of 21 shots.

"They were fluid, flowing," Stoudemire said of the Lakers to espn.com. "Just doing what they do. I remember when we looked like that."

Stoudemire also talked to espn.com about possible free agency in 2010, when he can join the A-list if he opts out of his contract. Such talk is bound to produce trade rumors with Stoudemire continuing to not rebound and defend like a superstar. In recent games, his offensive involvement or aggressiveness has been curtailed.

"Absolutely!" Stoudemire told espn.com when asked about whether he thinks about 2010 free agency. "You have to look at those opportunities because this is a business and you want to explore every option. I guarantee you every owner will explore their options, especially when a player's contract is up. So it's the same for players. It's definitely the same for me.

"As a player, you should look at the teams you might want to play for. The city you may want to live in. The system you may want to play in. The economy. The cost of living. Everything. It's about what's best for you."

I heard about that! This team just seemed really out of it this year. It's sad because we can't even give away our tickets for free to our friends on nights that we can't go. I miss our old team when they were all jellin and fun to watch. I have an odd feeling that I may become a Knicks fan...

Route 66

Reaction score
Ex-Sun Rogers reportedly paralyzed

9 comments Dec. 4, 2008 11:52 AM
azcentral.com

Rodney Rogers, who won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award with the Suns in 1999-2000, is paralyzed as the result of an accident on an all-terrain vehicle, according to a report in the News & Observer of Raleigh-Durham, N.C.

Dave Odom, Rogers' college coach at Wake Forest, tells the News & Observer that Rogers is paralyzed from the shoulders down.

The report states that the North Carolina Highway Patrol said Rogers was four-wheeling in the woods near Raleigh when he fell off the vehicle.

Rogers, 37, was a first-round pick of the Denver Nuggets in the 1993 NBA Draft, the ninth player chosen overall. He ended up playing 12 seasons for seven different teams, including the Suns. He also played for the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, New Orleans Hornets and Philadelphia 76ers until retiring after the 2004-05 season.

He was the ACC Player of the Year in '93 at Wake Forest.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
^

That's terrible. Sad to hear that.

Shoulders down - does that mean he can move his arms at least (connected to shoulders)?

Route 66

Reaction score
Mavs Man;2461562 said:
^

That's terrible. Sad to hear that.

Shoulders down - does that mean he can move his arms at least (connected to shoulders)?

Good question-not sure. BTW-your Mavs are handling us tonight.:eek:

Dirk is on fire.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Rowdy;2461625 said:
Good question-not sure. BTW-your Mavs are handling us tonight.:eek:

Dirk is on fire.

I didn't want to say anything, but it didn't matter (jinx it). The 20+ point lead became a 10 point lead a few minutes ago. Dallas has been much better at finishing games as of late, but it's not over yet.

The Mavs need to win during this stretch. They are in the midst of a seven game homestead, exactly what they need to put some games up over .500. Especially with Phoenix in the second half of a back-to-back.

Both teams are shooting relatively well, but Dallas is eating Phoenix on the boards (40-25). Dirk really is hot tonight. He put up 27 shots last game, and 22 tonight. Good to see him taking charge.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Then Dallas goes on a run to make it a 20 point game again. Okay, never mind.

Nash and Stoudamire did their part for the Suns, so I guess you can pin this on the Suns' bench (and not much from Shaq).

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
As a fellow member of the 2008 old man panic trade, how is Shaq working out so far this year? Kidd is doing about what was expected of him, considering his age, but it still hurts looking at Devin Harris' box score (even though I know he could no do that here with Dirk, Josh and Terry the first three scoring options).

Route 66

Reaction score
Mavs Man;2461682 said:
As a fellow member of the 2008 old man panic trade, how is Shaq working out so far this year? Kidd is doing about what was expected of him, considering his age, but it still hurts looking at Devin Harris' box score (even though I know he could no do that here with Dirk, Josh and Terry the first three scoring options).

Porter is trying to run the offense through Shaq. Amare's pouting it seems and the team is imploding. Other than that, its peachy. :eek::

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;2461716 said:
Porter is trying to run the offense through Shaq. Amare's pouting it seems and the team is imploding. Other than that, its peachy. :eek::

amare doesnt know when to shut up sometimes, i wonder how good he really would be without steve nash setting him up for gimmie dunks all the time. steve nash has to be one of the least apreciated superstars in the history of the nba, maybe its his defensive skills, or lack there of.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
MC KAos;2461813 said:
amare doesnt know when to shut up sometimes, i wonder how good he really would be without steve nash setting him up for gimmie dunks all the time. steve nash has to be one of the least apreciated superstars in the history of the nba, maybe its his defensive skills, or lack there of.

No way. You don't win back to back MVPs and be under-appreciated. He gets his respect. No question there.