*Phoenix Suns*2008-2009 Thread

Route 66

Reaction score
I'm not worried about anything but that 8th seed. I can't count the times the Suns ended up in the top seeds only to lose in the Western Conference Championship or other round. If we are to face a tougher opponent as the 8th seed then we might as well play them early and get one of the tough teams over with (if we can).

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Rowdy;2583274 said:
I'm not worried about anything but that 8th seed. I can't count the times the Suns ended up in the top seeds only to lose in the Western Conference Championship or other round. If we are to face a tougher opponent as the 8th seed then we might as well play them early and get one of the tough teams over with (if we can).

Ditto. As long as they make the playoffs I'm happy. Then all they have to do is turn it on and win!

MC KAos

Reaction score
you wanna be at least the sixth seed, i think thats the lowest seed that has won a championship.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
The Suns game this morning was a good one. I thought they were going to give it away at the end though.

What a great weekend, got a new computer, Suns won today and the Cardinals won. I only with the Cowboys were still in it...Oh well...Next year I guess..

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DCgirl13;2587596 said:
The Suns game this morning was a good one. I thought they were going to give it away at the end though.

What a great weekend, got a new computer, Suns won today and the Cardinals won. I only with the Cowboys were still in it...Oh well...Next year I guess..

Cardinals suck, I hope they get blown out by the biggest margin in SB history :)

I dont know how the Cardinals can be your "2nd favorite team". They are the ones that pretty much screwed our season up with the loss to them and putting Romo out for 3 games.

Route 66

Reaction score
ajk23az;2587737 said:
Cardinals suck, I hope they get blown out by the biggest margin in SB history :)

I dont know how the Cardinals can be your "2nd favorite team". They are the ones that pretty much screwed our season up with the loss to them and putting Romo out for 3 games.

Wow, hate the Cardinals eh? I hope they win soundly just so it upsets you. :)

I will always be a Cowboys fan but I was born and raised in Arizona so I will root for my home teams as well.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
ajk23az;2587737 said:

Yes I know that sucked badly, but I liked the Cards before that so I will not hold that against them. Besides, had Folk made that damn field goal that he should have made, we would have won in regulation and then who knows the outcome.

I'm just saying, if it can't be the Cowboys, it's gotta be AZ for me.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ONeal sucks....what a waste of space. I cannot believe Toronto traded a reliable and valuable teammate in Rasho, for that oft injured cancer ONeal. Even moreso, I cannot believe Miami is considering trading for him.

Thank goodness Pop decided to turn the other cheek when ONeal was being wooed. There were strong rumors that the Spurs were going after him. I am so happy we passed on that one.

The stupid Jason Kidd sweepstakes a handful of years ago really set us back.

No way was Bosh going to be able to contain both Shaq and Amare today.....I am surprised the game was as close as it was. I figured PHX would win by double digits.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;2590909 said:
Phoenix definitely not ready for the big time yet. :eek::

Amare needs to get his head out of his butt. Instead of pouting about his role, he needs to suck it up and do his job. He is getting paid handsomely to do so.

BTW, I am extremely mad about the Suns signing Courtney Sims. I have been wanting the Spurs to sign him all season. I also wanted them to go after Patrick O'Bryant....but the Celtics got him instead.

ajk23az

Reaction score
What a massacre :(

18 or so TO's in the first half *pukes*

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;2590922 said:
Amare needs to get his head out of his butt. Instead of pouting about his role, he needs to suck it up and do his job. He is getting paid handsomely to do so.

BTW, I am extremely mad about the Suns signing Courtney Sims. I have been wanting the Spurs to sign him all season. I also wanted them to go after Patrick O'Bryant....but the Celtics got him instead.

yeah yeah all that, but more importantly, who is that on your avatar?

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Dang, the Suns definitely took a massive beating. I'm glad I didn't watch that one. I tried to tune to the game on my computer, but I guess it was either on ESPN or FSN. I guess I didn't miss much!

ajk23az

Reaction score
DCgirl13;2591043 said:
Dang, the Suns definitely took a massive beating. I'm glad I didn't watch that one. I tried to tune to the game on my computer, but I guess it was either on ESPN or FSN. I guess I didn't miss much!

It was on TNT.
Both teams sat their starters for the entire 4th quarter :laugh2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ines Sainz and I am not getting into this again. I almost got in trouble for posting pics in the Ravens/Steelers thread....

go to that thread and you can see some tasty pics.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

spurs%20big%20sign.jpg

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2591437 said:
Ines Sainz and I am not getting into this again. I almost got in trouble for posting pics in the Ravens/Steelers thread....

go to that thread and you can see some tasty pics.
:laugh2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I feel bad for Suns fans.....I always thought DAntoni was a moron, but Porter takes the cake. Porter makes DAntoni seem like a Rhode's scholar. It is sad too, cause Porter was a great player and seems to be a good guy. He is just not ready to be a HC. He should have spent about a decade working up the ranks as an assistant to coaches like Pop, Phil, Larry, and Sloan.

That off the ball foul in the final 30 seconds displayed just how much Porter was outcoached. If he were a rookie coach, I would understand that goof. But he isn't a rookie coach. I also blame Nash for actually following through with the foul. However, I am guessing he was taking out frustration since on the previous play, he tripped over Amares foot and fumbled the ball away.

Well it was another fun game to watch. So far, the 3 most exciting games I have watched this year include the Spurs. The Spurs won all 3. Twice against the Suns and once against the Lakers.

GO SPURS GO