*Phoenix Suns*2008-2009 Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;2575604 said:
First of all, you are absolutely clueless. I have nothing to be "pissy" about. It was a lot of Texas fans who were pissy-not me. I got to the big game remember? I lost with dignity and have nothing to prove to anyone like you. If you actually read it and got your blind homer glasses off, youd see I invited anyone to say whatever it is they wanted to say in that one thread. Unlike you, I dont judge my stature by whether a team wins or loses. The same goes for the Suns.

I defend my team. Saying the "Suns suck" sounds about right from someone like you. State all you want that Im bitter. You did that last year and you were wrong and the same goes for yet, another season. I cant count the times Ive had something good to say about the Spurs. What do you say? Nothing. Its not even about the team, or exactly what you say, its that you have the attitude to just rampantly come in and try to disrespect anyone's team you feel like doing. You've got about zero class as far as Im concerned.

you still never showed me where I said the Suns suck. I have stated the Spurs own the Suns, which is fact....But, I never said the Suns suck.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Biggems;2576864 said:
you still never showed me where I said the Suns suck. I have stated the Spurs own the Suns, which is fact....But, I never said the Suns suck.

Calling them the "Nones" is pretty much sayin' they suck.

Its like us calling Eagles the Egirls , Commanders the deadskins, etc.

Route 66

Reaction score
ajk23az;2576888 said:
Calling them the "Nones" is pretty much sayin' they suck.

Its like us calling Eagles the Egirls , Commanders the deadskins, etc.

:hammer:

Look at what you said all last year and look at how infantile you rename people on the team and the team itself still to this day. I've had my beef with some Spurs fans and things are better now after getting past the crap of yesteryear.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;2577117 said:
:hammer:

Look at what you said all last year and look at how infantile you rename people on the team and the team itself still to this day. I've had my beef with some Spurs fans and things are better now after getting past the crap of yesteryear.

The Kleenex Nones thing evolved over time. I just got tired of the PHX fans crying about conspiracy theories and such. I got tired of D'Antoni berating officials relentlessly without ever getting T'd up. I got tired of D'Antoni whining and giving very little respect and credit to the Spurs even after being consistently beaten by them over the last 5-6 years.

I feel Sarver is a jerk. What kind of owner does the chicken dance at an opposing team, simply for not playing injured players. That was out of line and disrespectful.

When Amare did the push ups after he was fouled that one game, it was like a slap in the face to the Spurs. It was sweet justice that he missed the FTs.

I have never been a Suns fan.......ever. I did like Kevin Johnson and Dan Majerle though. I still have sickening memories of Barkley draining a 3 over Robinson. I remember Duncan getting hurt before the playoffs in 2000, and we lost to the Suns, taking away our chance for a repeat.

I used to go to the Suns board on ESPN and talk basketball. I would go over during the playoff series. Believe it or not, I wouldn't troll. I would go to discuss matchups and styles of play, as well as coaching adjustments. However, they are very sensative over on the PHX board many of us Spurs fans would get banned from their board. I never got banned from the Mavs, Lakers, Nuggets, Nets, Cavs, Pistons, Kings, or Sonics board.

So over time I began calling them the Kleenex Nones.....

I find it funny when people call us the Sporks, Sperms, Spuds......

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rampage;2578356 said:
Derrick "big shot" Mason?

Derrick "Money Shot" Mason

That guy is an assassin. We haven't had a guy as ruthless as him since Stephen Jackson.

I just wish the Spurs would go find another Big.....I would like to go get Courtney Sims from the D-League.

MC KAos

Reaction score
we need to find a big man that pop will actually play! but maybe we should start a spurs thread and not hijack the suns thread

i have always agreed, and you can go back to my posts last year, that with shaq, the suns arent as good in the regular season, but they are better suited for the playoffs. But as a spurs fan, id rather play them than the lakers or hornets or even the mavs in a playoff series. the mavs are like tech, they hate us wich a passion, so they play their best against us.

Route 66

Reaction score
Biggems;2578849 said:
The Kleenex Nones thing evolved over time. I just got tired of the PHX fans crying about conspiracy theories and such. I got tired of D'Antoni berating officials relentlessly without ever getting T'd up. I got tired of D'Antoni whining and giving very little respect and credit to the Spurs even after being consistently beaten by them over the last 5-6 years.

I feel Sarver is a jerk. What kind of owner does the chicken dance at an opposing team, simply for not playing injured players. That was out of line and disrespectful.

When Amare did the push ups after he was fouled that one game, it was like a slap in the face to the Spurs. It was sweet justice that he missed the FTs.

I have never been a Suns fan.......ever. I did like Kevin Johnson and Dan Majerle though. I still have sickening memories of Barkley draining a 3 over Robinson. I remember Duncan getting hurt before the playoffs in 2000, and we lost to the Suns, taking away our chance for a repeat.

I used to go to the Suns board on ESPN and talk basketball. I would go over during the playoff series. Believe it or not, I wouldn't troll. I would go to discuss matchups and styles of play, as well as coaching adjustments. However, they are very sensative over on the PHX board many of us Spurs fans would get banned from their board. I never got banned from the Mavs, Lakers, Nuggets, Nets, Cavs, Pistons, Kings, or Sonics board.

So over time I began calling them the Kleenex Nones.....

I find it funny when people call us the Sporks, Sperms, Spuds......

Ok well I'm A SUNS FAN. I don't see any conspiracies so why make me pay for it? Everything you state here, I have no control over. I was born and raised for a part of my life in Phoenix. I spent about 13 years or so there. They are my team-period. I didn't choose to pick them based on certain criteria and I won't drop them based on certain criteria. I'm a fan through it all thick and thin.

I've ridden some good highs with them and rode some serious lows. The one thing about the Suns is they seem to always get in the post-season more often than not and that is something to always look forward to. Anything can happen. Sure, they haven't quite won it all but I've enjoyed all of the attempts over the years. All of the things you speak of so negatively about the Suns, I didn't cause.

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;2578888 said:
we need to find a big man that pop will actually play! but maybe we should start a spurs thread and not hijack the suns thread

i have always agreed, and you can go back to my posts last year, that with shaq, the suns arent as good in the regular season, but they are better suited for the playoffs. But as a spurs fan, id rather play them than the lakers or hornets or even the mavs in a playoff series. the mavs are like tech, they hate us wich a passion, so they play their best against us.

Good, solid win against the Lakers the other night by the way, Kaos.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;2578930 said:

ya, unfortunately i couldnt watch it live, my son was asleep so i took the chance to do the same

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;2578930 said:

it should have been better. The Spurs got way too careless with the ball in the 4th quarter. I mean some really stupid turnovers....passes out of bounds, jumping in the air and having nowhere to go with the ball, etc. And I know I shouldnt complain about this, since it has been this teams M.O. for a decade now, but our FT shooting is brutal. We take care of the ball and make our FTs....the Spurs win by 10 or so.

BTW, I have no idea why Kobe passed it to Ariza of all people......Kobe should have just jacked up a shot no matter how contested it was. The way things go for him when he plays the Spurs, it most likely would have gone in......bank shot too.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2578857 said:
Derrick "Money Shot" Mason

That guy is an assassin. We haven't had a guy as ruthless as him since Stephen Jackson.

I just wish the Spurs would go find another Big.....I would like to go get Courtney Sims from the D-League.

It is Roger Mason, not Derrick.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ajk23az;2579055 said:

lol, i completely missed that, isnt derrick mason a football player? maybe it sounded familiar so i thought it was ok, completely missed that.

as for the original reason for this thread, anyone know why shaq isnt playing?

ajk23az

Reaction score
MC KAos;2579122 said:
lol, i completely missed that, isnt derrick mason a football player? maybe it sounded familiar so i thought it was ok, completely missed that.

as for the original reason for this thread, anyone know why shaq isnt playing?

Yes Derrick Mason is a WR for the Ravens

Shaq usually sits out 1 of 2 back to back games.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ajk23az;2579144 said:
Yes Derrick Mason is a WR for the Ravens

Shaq usually sits out 1 of 2 back to back games.

youd think he would have played today then, against the better of the two teams in the back to back, but maybe its better to keep him off against a high tempo team in high elevation

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2579055 said:

Wow thanks.......total brainfart.......hahahaha. Actually I find myself calling him Derrick quite often by mistake....ever since that Baltimore game, I cant get that fool out of my head with the way his gimpy butt abused our secondary.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i cant decide who i want to win....Denver or PHX. If Denver wins, they move into the 2 spot ahead of the Spurs. But I just have a hard time rooting for PHX. I wish both of them could lose.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
I didn't watch last night, but I heard the refs blew a call really bad. Did anyone see it, I guess it was with 3 seconds left and Hill got fouled bad and they didn't call anything.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ajk23az;2582208 said:
Wow Suns.........seriously....the T-Wolves? :(

dont worry about it, games like that happen, its a long season and your bound to lose a couple of games you shouldn't. its a marathon not a sprint, its ok to lose a couple of battles along the way as long as you learn from them.