PI on Lewis

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I hate that PI is a spot foul. It's dumb that PI can decide a game. Make it a 15 yard penalty. Bring Defense back to the NFL

A spot foul assumes the receiver would catch the ball if the penalty did not occur. But if you made it fifteen yards, then the DB's would be mugging people in situations like that when the time vs distance for a score created the foul as an extra player, like the sidelines.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Experience vs no experience. Lewis has to use skill and deny the ball and not have his hands all over the receiver on that play. We need another Deon Sanders or Pacman w/o the legal issues.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Experience vs no experience. Lewis has to use skill and deny the ball and not have his hands all over the receiver on that play. We need another Deon Sanders or Pacman w/o the legal issues.

Agree on the hands but it should also be called on receivers who arm bar and hand fight the whole way down the field. 5 yards is 5 yards not the next length of the field

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Agree on the hands but it should also be called on receivers who arm bar and hand fight the whole way down the field. 5 yards is 5 yards not the next length of the field

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
1st off, hate the call.
2nd, was anyone else screaming for a delay of game call against Oakland?

I'm not happy about the officiating quite a bit, but the PI call was textbook. The receiver slowed down to presumably make a play on the ball and Lewis interfered with his ability to do it. If that had been one of our receivers, we would have been screaming for the PI. The officials are allowing a lot more hand-fighting, but Lewis' interference had to be called.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
very obvious PI, Lewis was tugging on him and I’m not sure why because he’s a whole second faster than Crabtree.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I hate it.

The defender can be running with the receiver not looking at the ball but at the receiver, not knowing the ball is in the air, and the receiver can just stop and the defender runs into him and all of a sudden it's pass interference. There needs to be better judgement for it.

55 yards for a poorly thrown ball just because the ref throws a flag with no chance of him catching it anyways.

lkelly

Reaction score
A spot foul assumes the receiver would catch the ball if the penalty did not occur. But if you made it fifteen yards, then the DB's would be mugging people in situations like that when the time vs distance for a score created the foul as an extra player, like the sidelines.

Has the 15 yard limit destroyed the college game?

BigD_95

Reaction score
I dont like the call because the ball was thrown up for grabs, The defender has a right to make a play on the ball also and hand contact was little.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hate the brand of football we have to watch now. I understand that fans like Offense but I think it sucks. Defense has been at a disadvantage for years and it's only getting worse. Having said all of this, it was pass interference, according to the rules. Sucks but that's the truth.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was a PI.
I don't blame Lewis.
Where in the he'll was the deep safety?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He turned around and made a play for the ball but prior to that he was a bit handsy.. Could go either way but I thought it was a ticky tack call...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Clearly INT, but I don’t blame it. The pass was underthrown; he lost it, scrambling back to locate Crabtree; blocked receiver from the ball with his body.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Has the 15 yard limit destroyed the college game?

I don't watch college football. I find seeing a communications major who will have zero chance at the NFL trying to tackle a Heisman Trophy running back doesn't seem like much of a contest. Plus college has stupid rules like one foot in constitutes a catch, and if the player falls down, he cannot get back up.

As far as your question goes. In the NFL the receiver has the advantage. This is on purpose because the league wants lots of point. You saw it last night. Your position of 15 yards would have taken a nail biter and changed it to a ho hum ending. As it would in many games. And one might conjecture that if that were the rule, and Dallas was the one trying to advance the length of the field to win, and that same play occurred, there is a possibility you would have a different opinion.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I hated the call but it was the right one. He made it to easy as he casually grabbed Crabtree's hips/waist. Of course a savvy vet played it up and really sold it. Unfortunate because Lewis was really good all night.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I see that argument every time someone questions the NFL PI rule and yet that is the rule in college football.

I must be missing the endless stream of receiver muggings taking place in college ball because the penalty is only 15 yards and a first down. :huh: