Pictures of Dak's bad day

raichledog

Reaction score
You won't get this, but...

-Player age not comparable.

-player position not comparable

-you just made that up because you were confused and didn't know what to do

-you're confused again

-Manning was the worst QB in the league last year. They win without him. Another terrible comparison.

You won't understand this but... the argument makes perfect sense you just can't see it.

windjc

Reaction score
And was one play away from being 7-0.

One game, maybe two, and it could be a fluke. Six consecutive victories in the first seven games of a career is no fluke. The guy is special.

Tony Romo ability yields Tony Romo results and that is nowhere near a championship, I love the guy but has played 133 games.

Didn't Tebow win like 6 games in a row?

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
He was a NFL QB in OT and grew up a bunch in a hurry.

What I do predict is that the FIRST Time he has a bad game and we lose, this forum will be full of poster who are ready to cut him, bench him, disown him, etc.

I don't think so.Dak has proven himself, both good and bad.

The Philly's game has provided Dak, the OC and other offense coaches what needs to be done to beat the heavy blitz packages they saw from the Eagles. Dak will be better prepared what he sees it again

plasticman

Reaction score
What was that Parcells quote about the anointing oil?
I recall he named Tony Romo the starter.

There is a difference between annointing a player and announcing him as the team's permanent starter.

Im not saying that Dak belongs in the Hall of Fame. Im saying he belongs in the game.

Reaction score
Just name me ONE rookie player in NFL history who could have been named the starting QB for the DALLAS COWBOYS, after his mentor went down 3 plays into the season, & handled it with any more composure or success. Just ONE. If not for the bone-headed decision of a receiver who shall remain nameless forgetting to run out of bounds, we might well be 7-0.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wasn't saying you in particular. But there are people on this message board that does feel that way. Dak is not Romo. Romo is not Dak. Of course not. I just think that Dak doesn't have the skill set of Romo yet, but Romo doesn't have the running capability of Dak. Dak brings another dynamic for defenses to plan for. Once Dak gains the experience he'll be much better. A lot of players don't get to choose their exit. If Romo comes back barring an injury, I'd be surprised. This team is averaging the same points as they did in 2014.
I'd rather be a winner than better.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The winning argument holds no water unless they win Super Bowls. Isn't that the goal here. None of the guys we're arguing about has won a Super Bowl? and yet, only one is a rookie right now.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Has Dak been broken yet? 4th round draft pick is playing way above his head.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Seriously, had Tony taken care of his business in the previous 9 years, there would be nothing to talk about. He'd be starting now.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Why is that some of you just aren't happy with WINNING?!?!? Some of you act as though Romo won 3 or 4 Superbowls for us. Get over it! I know a lot of non-Cowboy fans that are HOPING we put Romo back in the lineup because they say he will blow the big game. I don't totally agree with that, but it has happened. Dak is WINNING! Embrace it!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Purpose of this thread was not to make Dak look bad,it is to show he has a long way to go before he can play at Tonys level.I want Romo to start the momemt he is cleared.
Tony got to sit for how many years before getting the starting gig? Dak is way ahead of the curve. We'll see how Dak progresses. I'm thankful we have Tony getting healthy, but no where close to handing the reigns to Tony quite yet.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Why is that some of you just aren't happy with WINNING?!?!? Some of you act as though Romo won 3 or 4 Superbowls for us. Get over it! I know a lot of non-Cowboy fans that are HOPING we put Romo back in the lineup because they say he will blow the big game. I don't totally agree with that, but it has happened. Dak is WINNING! Embrace it!
Worth reading again! Bump!

BHendri5

Reaction score
He found a way to work with the rest of the team to win the game, because he certainly did not do it by himself. I remember when Romo threw 5 Ints against buffalo and then drove the team down the field for 2 scores the second ending in a winning field goal. Same kind of day, but then again Romo has done that for years. I am proud of Dak, I really like the young man and I am very glad he will be our QB for a long time. what I do not like is how people are dumping on Romo like he never did anything for this organization all the while boosting Dak up. For years Romo has been given lemons by this organization and he continued to make lemonade, true at times he has tried to do too much and he has made some mistakes, but more times he has come thru with a not so good team around him. Dak believe it or not has a good team around him, just like Romo had in 2014, with the defense being the suspect part of the team, just like this season, but the defense continues to get better with the help of the offense by winning the TOP category. I really do not care how or who is the QB in my mind we win with either guy, I would like to them give Romo a chance with this team and not get robbed like we did in Green bay, and then he can pass the torch to Dak

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Dak's mobility has been a big factor in the Cowboys winning. And it's not just his 4 rushing TD's, although that has been great. It's his ability to throw on the run, the read option, and extending plays like he did with the TD to Witten. Much of that will be gone if Romo returns. That's a lot to give up.
You couldn't possibly look more misinformed right now. Romo throws better on the run and extends plays better than almost any QB in the history of the league. But, by all means, keep making **** up in attempt to look smart.