Pictures of Dak's bad day

strollinruss

Reaction score
Why can't I compare the situations? Is Romo Brady? No but is Dak Romo? No.

I love the fact that Dak is here in this situation and have never suggested otherwise. I just think Romo would be better. How is that a knock on Dak?
Some of these guys need to get married so they have someone to argue with. I think they play devils advocate just to get a rise out of somebody.

raichledog

Reaction score
When did Dez turn 36 again? Check that, when did he turn 30? I'll wait.

Did Dez miss the majority of the 2015 season due to injury and get hurt again this year? My point is that players get hurt and come back. The better players don't take a "back seat" because things are going well without them. They come back and make things better. If you don't understand that I can't help you.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Did Dez miss the majority of the 2015 season due to injury and get hurt again this year? My point is that players get hurt and come back. The better players don't take a "back seat" because things are going well without them. They come back and make things better. If you don't understand that I can't help you.

He missed plenty, is way younger than Romo, and Butler has never shown Dez ability for a sustained period. Terrible comparison like the JJ Watt one. I'm a big Romo fan, but I'll lose a ton of respect for him if he tries to elbow his way in. It's his choice here.

raichledog

Reaction score
He missed plenty, is way younger than Romo, and Butler has never shown Dez ability for a sustained period. Terrible comparison like the JJ Watt one. I'm a big Romo fan, but I'll lose a ton of respect for him if he tries to elbow his way in. It's his choice here.

And Dak has never shown he can maintain Romo ability for a sustained period. I love the guy but he has played 8 games.

raichledog

Reaction score

Not sure what you mean by the JJ Watt one btw. Maybe I'm missing something.

raichledog

Reaction score
The most important ability is availability. No contest. Next.

So it is a stupid argument when Dez is out (unavailable) but pertinent with Romo? So what you are saying is that you like it when it helps you make a point but not when it counters your argument... gotcha

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
So it is a stupid argument when Dez is out (unavailable) but pertinent with Romo? So what you are saying is that you like it when it helps you make a point but not when it counters your argument... gotcha

QBs are far more important than WRs. That's really not obvious to you? Lol. Check their salaries and recompute.

raichledog

Reaction score
QBs are far more important than WRs. That's really not obvious to you? Lol. Check their salaries and recompute.

But that's not what you said the first time, you talked about age and injuries, ignoring how it countered your original statement about being a leader. I never said wr's were more important.

I was making a point about coming back after injury. Sorry if you don't comprehend that.

plasticman

Reaction score
And Dak has never shown he can maintain Romo ability for a sustained period. I love the guy but he has played 8 games.
And was one play away from being 7-0.

One game, maybe two, and it could be a fluke. Six consecutive victories in the first seven games of a career is no fluke. The guy is special.

Tony Romo ability yields Tony Romo results and that is nowhere near a championship, I love the guy but has played 133 games.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Why can't I compare the situations? Is Romo Brady? No but is Dak Romo? No.

I love the fact that Dak is here in this situation and have never suggested otherwise. I just think Romo would be better. How is that a knock on Dak?
I wasn't saying you in particular. But there are people on this message board that does feel that way. Dak is not Romo. Romo is not Dak. Of course not. I just think that Dak doesn't have the skill set of Romo yet, but Romo doesn't have the running capability of Dak. Dak brings another dynamic for defenses to plan for. Once Dak gains the experience he'll be much better. A lot of players don't get to choose their exit. If Romo comes back barring an injury, I'd be surprised. This team is averaging the same points as they did in 2014.

raichledog

Reaction score
And was one play away from being 7-0.

One game, maybe two, and it could be a fluke. Six consecutive victories in the first seven games of a career is no fluke. The guy is special.

Tony Romo ability yields Tony Romo results and that is nowhere near a championship, I love the guy but has played 133 games.

What was that Parcells quote about the anointing oil?

raichledog

Reaction score
I wasn't saying you in particular. But there are people on this message board that does feel that way. Dak is not Romo. Romo is not Dak. Of course not. I just think that Dak doesn't have the skill set of Romo yet, but Romo doesn't have the running capability of Dak. Dak brings another dynamic for defenses to plan for. Once Dak gains the experience he'll be much better. A lot of players don't get to choose their exit. If Romo comes back barring an injury, I'd be surprised. This team is averaging the same points as they did in 2014.

This is a different team than 2014 with different opponents.

I love Dak and hope he is wildly successful. I'm simply saying that right now, at this point in their careers, Romo is better than Dak. I think he will bring a different dynamic to this offense than Dak can at this point in his development.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
But that's not what you said the first time, you talked about age and injuries, ignoring how it countered your original statement about being a leader. I never said wr's were more important.

I was making a point about coming back after injury. Sorry if you don't comprehend that.

Sorry if you don't comprehend that your comparison was terrible and apples / oranges. And I'm making all those points, not just one.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
This is a different team than 2014 with different opponents.

I love Dak and hope he is wildly successful. I'm simply saying that right now, at this point in their careers, Romo is better than Dak. I think he will bring a different dynamic to this offense than Dak can at this point in his development.
It's also a different Romo. The guy has played in 3 games since 2014. I can't believe he would be that much better overall.

raichledog

Reaction score
Sorry if you don't comprehend that your comparison was terrible and apples / oranges. And I'm making all those points, not just one.

So let me get this straight.

1- you said player A, coming off of injuries last year and this year should "be a leader" and not interrupt the chemistry of a winning team despite said player being better than the guy who has been playing.

2- when the situation of player B, which was comparable based on injuries, came back and played it was ok because of age.

3- when that argument didn't hold up you changed your argument to being about position.

You clearly have different standards of what is and is not ok based on your opinion of a given player. That does not change the fact that their situations are remarkably similar and yet you ignore that when it is convenient for you.

Should Peyton Manning have taken a backseat to Osweiler last year? Should he have been a "good leader" and just held that clipboard like a good soldier?

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

1- you said player A, coming off of injuries last year and this year should "be a leader" and not interrupt the chemistry of a winning team despite said player being better than the guy who has been playing.

2- when the situation of player B, which was comparable based on injuries, came back and played it was ok because of age.

3- when that argument didn't hold up you changed your argument to being about position.

You clearly have different standards of what is and is not ok based on your opinion of a given player. That does not change the fact that their situations are remarkably similar and yet you ignore that when it is convenient for you.

Should Peyton Manning have taken a backseat to Osweiler last year? Should he have been a "good leader" and just held that clipboard like a good soldier?

You won't get this, but...

-Player age not comparable.

-player position not comparable

-you just made that up because you were confused and didn't know what to do

-you're confused again

-Manning was the worst QB in the league last year. They win without him. Another terrible comparison.