Pitts is a luxury we can't afford

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just because you agree with this article doesn't mean everyone needs to agree with it. For instance, a running back is not one of the top five prime positions. But you'd look foolish trying to convince posters than Emmitt Smith was not a prime piece of the 90's dynasty.

Having a super star at any position makes that position a prime position.
Players like Aaron Donald, Ray Lewis, Zack Martin and Michael Irvin didn't or don't play prime positions, according to this article. But their stardom makes them prime players a necessity to their team's success. So any time you get a chance to draft a no-miss super star you take it.

P.S. our defense will more than likely have to go through a complete metamorphosis to become another doomsday defense. Luckily, having a powerhouse offense and an average defensive just might do the trick.

Those are general facts in football. You want to argue them, do so at your own peril.

Emmitt was the 19th pick if I recall correctly, not top 10. He also benefited from one of the best Olines in football and a great defense.

There is no such things as a "no miss superstar". That is just something you are making up to promote your own argument. The 4 positions mentioned are the hardest to find and the most in demand because of it.

TE's require great QB play and a great system. Running backs require a great Oline and lots of carries. These are some of the reasons why they are not prime positions. They can also be had most years in later rounds and in FA.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If Pitts is half as good as many on this board seem to think, there is no way he falls to 10. We certainly shouldn’t be trading up for a player that would start the season as our #4 receiver.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So which one is it? Your first post says you don't draft for short term. Your next says don't draft someone because they won't likely have an impact as a rookie.

I don’t feel like I contradicted myself and even though I’m anti corner I see that as probably ending up being the best value for us to pick so I’m not at all against it.

That player is just not going to make a impact as a rookie.. Rookies tend to struggle and the hope is they keep their screw ups to a minimum.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If Pitts is half as good as many on this board seem to think, there is no way he falls to 10. We certainly shouldn’t be trading up for a player that would start the season as our #4 receiver.
No trade up in the 1st.
This draft is already weird.
The evaluations are probably going to be all over the place, when cross-sectioned by several teams.
As it should be.

This has been a strange time.

I'd rather trade for future picks like cray, but nobody would listen to me.

Corso

Reaction score
I don’t feel like I contradicted myself and even though I’m anti corner I see that as probably ending up being the best value for us to pick so I’m not at all against it.

That player is just not going to make a impact as a rookie.. Rookies tend to struggle and the hope is they keep their screw ups to a minimum.
You're nearly never wrong homie. You're a superhero in your mind and I dig it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Vintage-Original-1978-Superman-Underoos-Underwear-DC-comics.jpg
Your not suggesting those are out of style are you?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So which one is it? Your first post says you don't draft for short term. Your next says don't draft someone because they won't likely have an impact as a rookie.

He will contradict himself all in the same thread multiple times. I catch in him doing it all the time.

First he said that the Bucs defense was good because of their scheme and not their players. When I told him it was the bucs pressure players that were getting to mahomes he all off a sudden remembered that it was the players.

Now he claims that corners are a waste of a pick because we going to a zone only defensive scheme.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're nearly never wrong homie. You're a superhero in your mind and I dig it.

I mean me being wrong is this one time a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was a little off about something so you get permanently discredited for being off about something that one time.

My standards are ridiculously high.

LittleD

Reaction score
He will contradict himself all in the same thread multiple times. I catch in him doing it all the time.

First he said that the Bucs defense was good because of their scheme and not their players. When I told him it was the bucs pressure players that were getting to mahomes he all off a sudden remembered that it was the players.

Now he claims that corners are a waste of a pick because we going to a zone only defensive scheme.

Our new DC in Atlanta played mostly cover 3 with deep zone prevent. That takes 2 CB's and a fast FS. He hopes to take away the long pass to make it easier to get to the QB. Uses Neal LVE and slot CB to cover backs and TE in the middle.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I mean me being wrong is this one time a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was a little off about something so you get permanently discredited for being off about something that one time.

If you talk a lot you have to be right a lot..
I say you have done a pretty good job backing yourself up vs all the CZ gangstas....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you talk a lot you have to be right a lot..
I say you have done a pretty good job backing yourself up vs all the CZ gangstas....

Thanks dude..

Yeah I have to ice my hand some days from all the pimp slaps I deal out.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Lamb was a luxury dallas couldn't afford either. Hard to pass up on talent like that though.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
You don’t draft with short term thinking.

It’s not Cowboys fans fault that we are starting to think this way.

It’s Jerry’s fault and how he treats FA.

The way we operate is proven to be wrong.

Exactly. With Jerry's mentality of winning a Super Bowl through the draft alone, our only plausible route to a Super Bowl is to have an offense so powerful that a historically putrid defense can be overcome by putting up a 60-burger each week.

Corso

Reaction score

You are my hero.