News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I never said he gave a trash answer I’m just saying it’s a bland generic answer. Nobody goes to that trash show and takes it serious. I just heard Aikman go on there and do the same. Go on there promote your name or brand and get out of there unless you are Lavar Ball in which he played the game that Cowerd wasn’t ready for.
how was it a bland generic answer? he very specifically stated the situation regarding QB salaries.

a bland generic answer would have been "well salaries just keep going up".

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He said on the Herd Friday you cant pay great money for good play.
That's why Jimmy fell flat with a salary cap in Miami... He knows his own limitations. That's probably why he chose not to coach again. I can't blame him...the cap really screwed things up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
how was it a bland generic answer? he very specifically stated the situation regarding QB salaries.

That’s essentially what he said lol. People making it like he said don’t pay Dak because he’s not worth it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You’re wasting your time trying to explain anything to that Dak fan, bro.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I never said he gave a trash answer I’m just saying it’s a bland generic answer. Nobody goes to that trash show and takes it serious. I just heard Aikman go on there and do the same. Go on there promote your name or brand and get out of there unless you are Lavar Ball in which he played the game that Cowerd wasn’t ready for.
It may be bland but it doesn’t mean it’s not accurate. There’s no benefit to Jimmy to give a poor opinion.
He’s not wrong about QB pay. Good and not so good QBs get great money!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok, so we let Dak walk.

We now have to eat $40 million on next year's cap for a player no longer with the team and we also have no viable replacement on the roster.

Whats the plan? The draft?

2025 is one of the worst drafts for QBs in some time, you basically got 3 guys that would even remotely be considered day 1 starters and even then they are not considered "elite". You got Deion's boy in Colorado, you got Ewers from my beloved Longhorns, and you got Beck from Georgia.............and with Dak playing this year, we are going to be too low anyways to get one of these guys without mortgaging the future moving up from the 20s to the top 5.

So, again, what is the plan? Lance? He is not ready and making him the starter could lead to a non-playoff season, something Jerry is totally against because he said the most important thing was for the Cowboys to be hanging around the rim. You are not hanging around the rim if you are a lottery team, so Jerry would not be signing off on a possible tank season.

So, whats the plan if we let Dak walk knowing that Lance is not ready and we are going to be picking too low in the draft to get one of the studs? You see, the decision to let Dak walk is not as easy as some make it out to be when you start considering the alternatives.
Exactly,

we either gonna be really bad or we can continue to complain about winning divisions and losing in the playoffs I prefer to have a top six team and at least get into the playoffs with no Prescott I am not confident they're gonna build a team strong enough to be relative at all and everyone keeps saying the Cowboys aren't relative anymore they're damn sure are look at all the primetime games did you hear all those fans and the Rams preseason game there was quite a few with all the talk about how few are showing up to training camp practices during the week when they're probably at work and they have no real interest in practice but yet they show up for the preseason game and then ohh Saturday I bet 50% of those fans paid to get in and watch them Raiders game had Cowboys jerseys on it was loud it sounded like a cowboy home playoff game so all this the Cowboys fans are finally fed up and you could see it by fans reactions... That's false yes some of us are frustrated and some of us say more negative things but it's funny that the teams is worth more every year the seats are always full and sellouts we always have primetime games and we're a top six and win percentage it literally these people talk about our team as if we're one of the bottom 15 teams in a league when we're a top ten team at our worst and we've been top six for awhile...

I realize we want more as a fan base but without Prescott and without the future on the bench and looking at the draft people here who say we're gonna be missing the NFC championship game regardless no we won't even be sniffing third place in the division or getting to the playoffs and then the fans will have a real reason to complain and whine even though they're complaining and whining right now for no really apparent good reason because most teams are not even getting to the playoffs.. This team's been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years that is something you can say it's not and I'm saying you but the people who hate it and I hate it that we haven't been to an NFC championship game in quite a while with this team with Prescott is better off in the short term until they have a plan because there's no reason to sign Parsons or lamb or keep diggs Martins or tank if you're just gonna start over at quarterback it's time to rebuild from the beginning..

I just find it hi Ronnie and odd that this fan base somehow thinks that we're gonna be close to what we've been without Prescott just putting anybody in there that's just plain nonsense... Get ready to be a team like the Cleveland Browns who every once in a while build a solid team but that team hasn't even won a division since 1986 I mean literally people complaining around here the chiefs took 52 years to get back to the Super bowl and we're complaining about 28... There's a lot of teams waiting on their first Super Bowl there's a lot of teams that only have one Super Bowl and we're waiting on number six and literally the complaints are acting like we're some six win team that's embarrassing the entire NFL with our play on the field and that is absolutely incorrect...​

Yes, we're falling short and yes a lot of us are frustrated we see it but this is not the longest drought in the NFL ever this is not the worst drought that teams have seen we've seen other teams that comes in circles it will come back to us and we will get 6 not #1 not #2 we will get number six..

And I always have to add this it's necessary around here literally there's only three teams since 1989 that have more than three Super Bowl wins and that would be the Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots both have their little dynasty is going and that would be the Dallas Cowboys who had their dynasty it doesn't matter how long ago it was that just proves how hard that really was...​
That was a special time for the Cowboys and it'll come again lots of teams go through this where they're waiting and like I said there are teams not even winning divisions let alone crying about constantly losing in the playoffs...​
I'm OK with Prescott not coming back as long as you trade the rest of them and you wanna start over that's fine but if you pay lamb and Parsons and you already paid diggs how are they not included in it don't pay guys who aren't winning in the playoffs we're aren't having their best games in the playoffs who haven't made their team better in the playoffs that should be for all coaches and all players so if you wanna get rid of Prescott you gotta be on board with blowing it completely up because they will not have a competitive team without Prescott or any plan at..​

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Jimmy is a revered legend upon which the 90's dynasty was built. Jerry was a fool to mess that up. Who knows how many championships we woulda won?

Until he answers a question about good QB's wanting to be paid like great QB's then he's a senile old fool. At least according to one faction of the zone.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy is a revered legend upon which the 90's dynasty was built. Jerry was a fool to mess that up. Who knows how many championships we woulda won?

Until he answers a question about good QB's wanting to be paid like great QB's then he's a senile old fool. At least according to one faction of the zone.
Dak fans HATE winners like Jimmy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Jerry was a fool, but Jimmy was an employee that quit on the team. They were both stupid.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s essentially what he said lol. People making it like he said don’t pay Dak because he’s not worth it.
Anybody who wants Prescott done and think they want Lance in there because it can't be any worse than losing in the playoffs yes it can be only some of us who think they should trade everyone if they're going to get rid of Prescott everyone and it's time to move on from tank and Martin and you want 2025 Trey Lance that's fine because he might win a six games and that's going to get us probably a top five pick so if you're looking to tank yeah that'd be the person you root for that in 2026 we can pick a quarterback high in the draft if there is one looking ahead there isn't many options but anybody who thinks it's going to be better being a bottom 15 team instead of a top six team and being better to not be making the playoffs because they think it's going to somehow circle back around and we're going to have better years without Romo or Prescott around and Jerry's going to build us a team in the next 5 to 10 years to get what back to the same exact spot we're in...

So, I'm good either way take Prescott pay him pay everyone else try over the next three years to get this closed out and do something special and then blow it up or blow it all up and I mean trade them all Parsons diggs lamb get rid of Martin and tank and let's blow it up from the bottom up explode it all coaching Staffs everything..​

I don't wanna be riding the middle any fans that think Jerry's going to find a way to build a team where you can throw any quarterback in there like we have like a strong run game one of the better defenses where the best coaching staff where you can win close games that's not been here because we would have a Super Bowl win by now because Romo and Prescott we're good enough to get a Super Bowls they just haven't had a team around them that were Super Bowl types. I mean literally we had Prescott and Romo under rookie contracts and we had great run games and solid defense but always in the playoffs mostly the defense is to blame but we've had plenty of individual players on all sides of the ball and coaching Staffs to blame..

so, if any of you think starting over at quarter back and pay all our star players market money and building around some jag and wait on him to develop and we will "het over the hump" are simply clueless and delusional... give me proof look at the entire league 95 quarterbacks were drafted just since 2016and only one has WON a SB!! tell about 18 or 19 teams are and have been looking for a QB for decades and failed and what do they do, go get a VET for draft picks and pay him DAK MONEY they go after a DAK..

Retro88

Reaction score
None of this matters. The only way you're gonna fix/bypass the marketplace is if you're gonna draft 1st round QBs every 4/5 years until you find another Mahommes. Which until you find that QB youre gonna endure a lot of losing. Otherwise you're gonna pay one of those guys and hope you can break through.

leeblair

Reaction score

But since Dak arrived in Dallas, no other team in NFL history has won 12 (or more) regular season games this many times without making — at a minimum — at least one NFC title game.
In the modern NFL, you can make a legitimate argument that teams would be more successful building a roster comprised of B- players paid C+ money than a team of B+ players paid A+ money, because there won’t be nearly enough A+ money for an entire roster.
At this point, the Cowboys’ best option would be to let him walk.
Paying a very good player like he’s the league’s best player depletes your funds and wrecks your depth. It leaves you with a team that — when healthy — is certainly capable of a 12-win regular season, but once it gets to the playoffs, its holes and weak links are just too easy to exploit.
Especially against a clever, tactical head coach, like a Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco.
That's because Dak has had the advantage of playing a historically weak NFC East and the Cowboys are king of the 8-8's and under.
And during that same stretch of time, Dak has choked against every real contender he has played against.
And that's why he doesn't deserve an extension.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
None of this matters. The only way you're gonna fix/bypass the marketplace is if you're gonna draft 1st round QBs every 4/5 years until you find another Mahommes. Which until you find that QB youre gonna endure a lot of losing. Otherwise you're gonna pay one of those guys and hope you can break through.
So you don’t have faith in Jerry finding the next Pat Mahomes? :laugh: