Twitter: Plan with Zeke according to Mike Fisher

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would expect them to convert most of his base pay for this year into bonus and spread it over the next five years of his deal. I don't think it will be an actual extension.
Yep.

It won't extend his time here, its just an option of borrowing future cap dollars.

They will have some dead money to deal with.

Not ideal but they may have no choice if they expect to contend during this new QB contract.

lkelly

Reaction score
1*RlhYl1yah5WeYWPwi_uwHA.png

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I’d trade him to Jacksonville for their second round pick in a heartbeat. Maybe Urban Meyer wants to reunite. I doubt it though. Elliott would sell tickets, something Jacksonville desperately needs. Maybe Lawrence alone can sell the tickets.

If Urban Meyer doesn’t even want him for a second round pick, what does that tell you about Elliott and his value?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Piss poor blocking wide receivers. Piss poor blocking tightends.
Offensive linemen that have lost a step.

Zeke needs to take a pay cut. Because Dallas is obviously not into pounding the rock anymore.

Zeke didn't make any of those decisions, including the one to pay him. Dallas needs to get out of that contract when it's cap-feasible to do it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
With a descent O-Line that’s not banged up and full of 3rd stringers and Dak back at the helm we will see a better Elliot this year. They could redo his contract and make some money into signing bonus. Last season was a train wreck.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why would Zeke take a pay cut after carrying Dak to the second highest QB contract ever?

If I was Zeke I'd tell Jerry to kick rocks.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke haters will get their wish in 2-3 seasons.

by then, Zekes body will be worn down from all the hits.
A good strategy might be for Zeke to try and avoid contact when possible instead of seeking it out. He admitted last year he doesn’t look for home runs because he wants to punish the defense. That might help extend his career.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’d trade him to Jacksonville for their second round pick in a heartbeat. Maybe Urban Meyer wants to reunite. I doubt it though. Elliott would sell tickets, something Jacksonville desperately needs. Maybe Lawrence alone can sell the tickets.

If Urban Meyer doesn’t even want him for a second round pick, what does that tell you about Elliott and his value?

It tells me that James Robinson made the all-rookie team last season by rushing for over 1,000 yards and 4.4 YPC for a team with no QB, and that you're unfamiliar with him. It would be foolish of them to give up a 2nd round pick and take on Zeke's contract with so many other holes to fill.

Meyer and Lawrence are more than enough to sell tickets for them. Lots of Gator fans in Jacksonville and they haven't forgotten Urban.

GMO415

Reaction score
Stop fumbling the ball 2X a game and we'll be fine EzE.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not up for an extension for another 5 years. They're looking to restructure. Probably for cap space. This won't change his pay, it will just give him more guaranteed money. So instead of being able to move on from him in 2 years, it might mean 3 or 4 years.

GOOD