Twitter: Plan with Zeke according to Mike Fisher

Flamma

Reaction score
Still trying to prove taking Zeke @4 was the right decision.

I think it was the right decision. The guy was a dynamic player. Giving him that ridiculous extension was not. Right now he is nothing more than a load. Not even going to earn 10% of his cap hit. Two more years and get his fat swollen head out of here.

There is really no good reason to extend a RB past his 5th year. And if you have an extra special one you might want to extend, it has to be team friendly. Because it's all downhill from there. Henry would be a good example. But he's a unicorn. Zeke is not.

aria

Reaction score
Somebody is sleep and he/she is gonna wake up tomorrow and read this headline ****ing up their whole day cause they hate Zeke so much.

Anyway, tap me on the shoulder when the defense starts getting addressed.
I actually find it hilarious, it’s almost as if Jerry is purposely trying to embarrass himself and this franchise. He hasn’t let the Cowboys haters down, I look forward to another 5 years of mediocrity and delusional homer posts, I wouldn’t recognize this team or forum if they actually won a playoff game.

Hopefully he hooks up Jaylon next. Just keep kicking the can down the road Jerry, that’s what you do best.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry listen very carefully.

Not just no, but hell no.

Creeper

Reaction score
Who is worse at this, Fish or Cowherd? Who in their right mind would extend a RB who is already showing signs of wearing down? Oh, wait...

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I still have faith that he can bounce back.

I want to see a lean and physically prepared Zeke. I regularly look at long runs by other teams and wonder where that's been over the past 4 seasons...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yep, even worse is extending him with two years still remaining on his rookie contract.

Jerry was set on extending Elliott one way or another. Jerry would have signed Elliott to a monster contract this year if he waited. Nothing Jerry saw this past season would have given him pause.

conner01

Reaction score
We might extend him!!! What?!? Just when I thought Jerry couldn't be any worse of a GM he does something like this, and completely redeems himself.
They aren’t extending him
But if you restructure his deal it extends the time before you can feasibly get out
There are two players I would not touch for restructures
Zeke and Jaylon

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It tells me that James Robinson made the all-rookie team last season by rushing for over 1,000 yards and 4.4 YPC for a team with no QB, and that you're unfamiliar with him. It would be foolish of them to give up a 2nd round pick and take on Zeke's contract with so many other holes to fill.

Meyer and Lawrence are more than enough to sell tickets for them. Lots of Gator fans in Jacksonville and they haven't forgotten Urban.

James Robinson doesn’t sell tickets. Teams didn’t even seriously game plan for Jacksonville this year. Jacksonville was a cupcake game for all teams.

I saw little of the Jaguars this year so I don’t know if Robinson got some garbage yards. Or what he can do when teams take the Jags seriously.

Jacksonville hasn’t been able to fill seats for a long time. We shall see how many tickets Lawrence and Meyer can bring in. I haven’t seen any data yet.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Zeke didn't make any of those decisions, including the one to pay him. Dallas needs to get out of that contract when it's cap-feasible to do it.
Bad Build Model :banghead::banghead:
If only I could get a job maybe just cleaning the seats at the Palace in Dallas, and I could somehow just leak the info to Jerry...
Never pay a RB.

Mannix

Reaction score
Extend??????? We aren't winning S until Booger is 6 feet under, and the box is nailed shut!!!