Plasticman's Jerry Jones Rant

plasticman

Reaction score
I hereby declare this single thread to be the headquarters for expressing my opinion of Jerry Jones.

From this day forward, anytime I feel the need to express these thoughts, it will not effect the original post that I was responding to. I will simply build the link to this thread.

I do this out of respect for all my fellow posters so as not to deviate from the subject matter of other posts

Besides, my opinion may actually offend others, though not nearly as much as Jerry Jones offends his fans, the Cowboy's history, genuine NFL professional executives and the very game itself.

Jerry Jones is the Great Destroyer.

No matter how long it takes for others to build a winning team with the potential of lasting a decade, Jerry can rip it all apart in two years. He has already done this twice and if he is not properly restrained, he will certainly do it again.

It is difficult to know where to start, there seems an infinite number of possibilities. The important thing is that it doesn't have to be tonight.

However when I am ready I promise it will be eloquent.

diefree666

Reaction score
I would like examples on how he destroyed teams. The 90's boys were depleted by cap and FA and unable to draft well. Now that you can blame Jerry for to a certain extent since as GM he was in charge of making sure we had good scouts, etc and he did hire Switzer. So you could somewhat say he did do damage there-but the fact was that team was not going to last due to the sitution. Now the 2007 team which I guess is your other example- well that was very temp no matter what. It was not going to be a dynasty. Wade was not a HC as has been shown. Not having a real HC can be blamed on Jerry so I am guessing your whole premise is on Jerry hiring Switzer and Wade.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the OP rant had any merit, Jerry Jones would not be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame next week. An honor of that magnitude does just happen, it is a carefully considered and thorough process that only the most deserving of individuals measure up to.

plasticman

Reaction score
You give Jerry to much credit. He doesn't have the power to do that any more.

He couldn't even draft Johnny Football.
You underestimate his desire to grab as much credit as possible, not to mention his insistence on constant attention

Example:

Jerry Jones isn't satisfied with just his induction into the Hall of Fame, an elaborate joke by the HOF voters on the Cowboy organization and fans, by the way....more about that later....no, Jerry has to extend the honor and be the center of attention beyond the ceremony.

So what does he do?

Well, of course, he volunteers his team to an additional preseason game, thus increasing the possibility of injury to a key player. The Cowboys are in the Hall of Fame game because Jones requires far more media attention than your average HOFer.

This just demonstrates his priorities to all Cowboy fans. Personal attention is far more important than not placing the team at unnecessary risk.

Thia isn't the first time Jones jas taken unnessecary risk. He also volunteered the Cowboys for the 2010 Hall of Fame game, Emmitt Smith"s induction year. Right on cue, the Cowboys lost TE John Phillips for the year. Hee had looked great all training camp and caught 4 passes for 60 yards. Some O-linemen got nicked which contributed to them not being ready for the start of the season.

Anyone remember how 2010 turned out? Sadly, that was the year the Super Bowl was played in Dallas.

So Jerry hasn't changed all that much. He can still make his "contributions" to the season.

I mean, what happens of we lose a key player foe the seaon in a game they didn't have to play. Was it worth it?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hereby declare this single thread to be the headquarters for expressing my opinion of Jerry Jones.

From this day forward, anytime I feel the need to express these thoughts, it will not effect the original post that I was responding to. I will simply build the link to this thread.

I do this out of respect for all my fellow posters so as not to deviate from the subject matter of other posts

Besides, my opinion may actually offend others, though not nearly as much as Jerry Jones offends his fans, the Cowboy's history, genuine NFL professional executives and the very game itself.

Jerry Jones is the Great Destroyer.

No matter how long it takes for others to build a winning team with the potential of lasting a decade, Jerry can rip it all apart in two years. He has already done this twice and if he is not properly restrained, he will certainly do it again.

It is difficult to know where to start, there seems an infinite number of possibilities. The important thing is that it doesn't have to be tonight.

However when I am ready I promise it will be eloquent.
It's funny you call yourself Plasticman, since that's what Jerry's face looks like. LOL

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the only reason that jerry is going in to the hall of fame is as a favor by the other owners for all the money he has made the league the 90's dynasty was built by jimmy Johnson as you can very well see by the facts the dallas cowboys have not played in a championship game jerry will never ever as long as he lives hire another coach that will get credit if he wins a championship he will get all the credit

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You give Jerry to much credit. He doesn't have the power to do that any more.

He couldn't even draft Johnny Football.

Jerry like any CEO is only as good as the people around him. Parcells talked about how Jerry does listen to those around him and the fact that he does is a big reason Johnny Football ended up in Cleveland not Dallas. If Jerry continues to lean on those people like McCray, Stephen and yes Garrett then I expect quality players in here. Jerry may love the spotlight but he is not trying to be a 1 man show

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
the only reason that jerry is going in to the hall of fame is as a favor by the other owners for all the money he has made the league the 90's dynasty was built by jimmy Johnson as you can very well see by the facts the dallas cowboys have not played in a championship game jerry will never ever as long as he lives hire another coach that will get credit if he wins a championship he will get all the credit
That's a harsh assessment on Jerry. I'm sorry you don't appreciate making money or winning championships. The Cowboys were losing money when Jerry bought that franchise. It would not have won most of it's championships without him. The Cowboys would not have the outstanding stadium they have without Jerry and there would be no new Headquarters at The Star without Jerry. Yes Jerry is a money maker for the league but he makes money for the Cowboys specifically that the other teams don't see through his ability to make deals with individualized sponsors like Nike instead of Adidas . Pepsi instead of Coke, Miller instead of Bud. Jerry was pushing Papa Johns Pizza long before the rest of the league did. The Dallas Cowboys as a franchise is truly it's own Empire within the NFL brand, thanks to one man... Jerry Jones.

aria

Reaction score
If the OP rant had any merit, Jerry Jones would not be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame next week. An honor of that magnitude does just happen, it is a carefully considered and thorough process that only the most deserving of individuals measure up to.
He has done more for the league then he has the Cowboys, that's why he's getting in...and marketing the Cowboys which I really don't count or care about.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:lmao:
You underestimate his desire to grab as much credit as possible, not to mention his insistence on constant attention

Example:

Jerry Jones isn't satisfied with just his induction into the Hall of Fame, an elaborate joke by the HOF voters on the Cowboy organization and fans, by the way....more about that later....no, Jerry has to extend the honor and be the center of attention beyond the ceremony.

So what does he do?

Well, of course, he volunteers his team to an additional preseason game, thus increasing the possibility of injury to a key player. The Cowboys are in the Hall of Fame game because Jones requires far more media attention than your average HOFer.

This just demonstrates his priorities to all Cowboy fans. Personal attention is far more important than not placing the team at unnecessary risk.

Thia isn't the first time Jones jas taken unnessecary risk. He also volunteered the Cowboys for the 2010 Hall of Fame game, Emmitt Smith"s induction year. Right on cue, the Cowboys lost TE John Phillips for the year. Hee had looked great all training camp and caught 4 passes for 60 yards. Some O-linemen got nicked which contributed to them not being ready for the start of the season.

Anyone remember how 2010 turned out? Sadly, that was the year the Super Bowl was played in Dallas.

So Jerry hasn't changed all that much. He can still make his "contributions" to the season.

I mean, what happens of we lose a key player foe the seaon in a game they didn't have to play. Was it worth it?
You can't be serious

In years past and up until recently, I've generally been a fairly hatsh GM Jerry critic.
Even that has disappated.

But Jerry the owner/creator/innovator is very good.
That is where his HOF induction is coming from.

aria

Reaction score
:lmao:
You can't be serious
The HOF game is stupid and is nothing but an attention grab, he's right. It's bad enough there are already as many pre season games as there are and then he volunteers them for this?

DFWJC

Reaction score
The HOF game is stupid and is nothing but an attention grab, he's right. It's bad enough there are already as many pre season games as there are and then he volunteers them for this?
I'm no fan of it either.
But we are talking very, very minor stuff compared to his overall accusations.
It's expected that teams should step up and particpate every so often...to be team players in the overall context of the league.

But yes, I agree, the extra game is overkill.
It does let those teams start training camp early though.