Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

reddyuta

Reaction score
I mean, Ross has already had a 1,000 yard season with our QB so it'd be hard to complain I guess. That said, he just doesn't scream first rounder to me.
More like 3rd or 4th rounder, slight WR who doesn't have a top gear.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can see that. I was definitely getting a stronger Kyle Wilber vibe off him.

I think he'd have to play a 4-3 SAM on run downs and move to DE on pass downs. I'm curious to see him in drills this week.
They seem to have had some interest in Leo types for a few years now. I even think thats what they wanted to do with Bernadrick McKinley if they drafted him

RS12

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys - Michigan linebacker Ben Gedeon and Charlotte defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/seniorbowl2017meetings2.php

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Both of Bama's edge guys are beasts. Unfortunately, both also have serious off the field concerns.

They don't have to be 6'6 250 lb players who look like they belong in the NBA like Garrett does. Kahlil Mack was perhaps the best defensive player in the league this year, and both of bama's DEs are built a lot like him. Probably not as good an athlete, but both are very good prospects. Not sure the Cowboys can afford to gamble on one of them, given the # of outstanding gambles Jones is already waiting to cash in on at DE and LB. If we want a passrusher at 28, we'll have to take one of those gambles, trade up, or hope someone like Taco slides to us.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It will be interesting how he does in the combine but i am wary of Alabama pass rushers in the draft.
Bama hasn't had a passrusher the caliber of either of these guys in recent years. Hightower was highly regarded but that was 5 years ago. This was the best D Saban's ever had, and these 2 guys were what differentiated it from other recent teams he's had. Unfortunate both have so much baggage.

RS12

Reaction score
There’s no question the Dallas Cowboys have some interest in Ross, the Mississippi State wide receiver, as they’ve met twice already at the Senior Bowl.

“Hopefully they pick me. It’d be nice to play in Texas,” said Ross, a Tyler John Tyler product.

“But, on draft day, you never know.”

Prescott certainly liked throwing to Ross in college.

Ross had his best season as a junior in 2015 with Prescott. They two hooked up for 88 catches and 1,007 yards with five touchdowns. This past season, Ross had 917 receiving yards on 72 receptions with 12 touchdowns.

Ross is pegged as a mid- to late-round pick and the Cowboys are expected to be in the wide receiver market with Terrance Williams and Brice Butler becoming unrestricted free agents.

Ross could also have some appeal to the Cowboys as a returner. He returned punts the past two seasons at Mississippi State, taking one in for a touchdown as a junior.

Cowboys returner Lucky Whitehead is under contract for next season, but hasn’t been the home-run threat as expected. Plus Whitehead drew the ire of the coaching staff when he showed up late to a meeting and ended up missing the Dec. 11 game at the New York Giants.

“I’m just a playmaker, man,” Ross said. “I’ll do anything to help my team win. I’ll go across the middle. I can catch the bubble screen and take it for six. I can go down the field. I can do it all.”

Ross will also have the endorsement of Prescott, who is serving as a mentor to him during the Senior Bowl. The two caught up via FaceTime after Tuesday’s practice.

“He just told me, man, go hard out there,” Ross said. “Don’t worry about anything and do the best you can do. Everything you do is being evaluated, so do it as hard as you can and do it as professional as you can.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...rner-blog/article128646649.html#storylink=cpy

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There’s no question the Dallas Cowboys have some interest in Ross, the Mississippi State wide receiver, as they’ve met twice already at the Senior Bowl.

“Hopefully they pick me. It’d be nice to play in Texas,” said Ross, a Tyler John Tyler product.

“But, on draft day, you never know.”

Prescott certainly liked throwing to Ross in college.

Ross had his best season as a junior in 2015 with Prescott. They two hooked up for 88 catches and 1,007 yards with five touchdowns. This past season, Ross had 917 receiving yards on 72 receptions with 12 touchdowns.

Ross is pegged as a mid- to late-round pick and the Cowboys are expected to be in the wide receiver market with Terrance Williams and Brice Butler becoming unrestricted free agents.

Ross could also have some appeal to the Cowboys as a returner. He returned punts the past two seasons at Mississippi State, taking one in for a touchdown as a junior.

Cowboys returner Lucky Whitehead is under contract for next season, but hasn’t been the home-run threat as expected. Plus Whitehead drew the ire of the coaching staff when he showed up late to a meeting and ended up missing the Dec. 11 game at the New York Giants.

“I’m just a playmaker, man,” Ross said. “I’ll do anything to help my team win. I’ll go across the middle. I can catch the bubble screen and take it for six. I can go down the field. I can do it all.”

Ross will also have the endorsement of Prescott, who is serving as a mentor to him during the Senior Bowl. The two caught up via FaceTime after Tuesday’s practice.

“He just told me, man, go hard out there,” Ross said. “Don’t worry about anything and do the best you can do. Everything you do is being evaluated, so do it as hard as you can and do it as professional as you can.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...rner-blog/article128646649.html#storylink=cpy

Ross, Joe Blow, anybody, I don't care, but we have to do better in the return game than Lucky Whitehead.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys - Michigan linebacker Ben Gedeon and Charlotte defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/seniorbowl2017meetings2.php

Brugler and Broaddus was saying to keep an eye out for this guy or that they were keeping an eye out to see how he would do. Both seemed intrigued by him.

This was on yesterday evenings show on DC.COM I think they are doing one each evening this week at the Senior bowl.

Verdict

Reaction score
I haven't watched him play specifically, but 4.8 or above is way too slow to play defensive end or linebacker at the pro level. Pass if he runs slower than a high 4.6.

Verdict

Reaction score
He plays a lot faster and with more agility than Spencer. Really just a step up in physical talent -- somewhere between Spencer and Ware in that regard.

Ware had 4.5 speed, or maybe slightly faster. 4.8 is DT speed.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I haven't watched him play specifically, but 4.8 or above is way too slow to play defensive end or linebacker at the pro level. Pass if he runs slower than a high 4.6.

Lol?

Someone forgot to tell Terrelle Suggs, Dumervill, J.J. Watt, Tambi Hali, et cetera.

RS12

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys - Pitt offensive tackle Adam Bisnowaty, Temple guard Dion Dawkins, and Michigan wide receiver (this cut off on the website, I'll assume Amara Darboh)

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/seniorbowl2017meetings3.php

Dawkins was getting alot of praise on Twitter.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score

Ware had 4.5 speed, or maybe slightly faster. 4.8 is DT speed.
I'm not sure where you're getting that he runs a 4.8.

Ware ran a 4.56 but is one of the most freakish athletes to ever test at the combine. If a defensive end runs somewhere around 4.7, that's not disqualifying.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Brugler and Broaddus was saying to keep an eye out for this guy or that they were keeping an eye out to see how he would do. Both seemed intrigued by him.

This was on yesterday evenings show on DC.COM I think they are doing one each evening this week at the Senior bowl.

Yup that guy is getting hyped everywhere it seems as a "dude to watch"

Apparently hes super quick off the ball and is doing well. I am intrigued

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From Walterfootball. I assume they are referring to Amara Darboh.

Dallas Cowboys -
Pitt offensive tackle Adam Bisnowaty, Temple guard Dion Dawkins, and Michigan wide receiver

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/seniorbowl2017meetings3.php