Video: Players Lounge: The Dak Debt | Well Beyond Disrespect

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Dak had a good year statistically last year because our schedule was garbage let's be real. A lot of those stats were padded too and he should have been pulled when we were up 28+ but he still continued in some drives. In games against good playoff caliber teams (49ers, packers, bills, etc) his stats were awful. He does not rise up to the occasion against great defenses.

Our schedule this year is much different. We will see what Dak is made of this season, and I think that's why Jerry is holding off on his contract. Was it all fluff, or is Dak actually a top tier QB?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak had a good year statistically last year because our schedule was garbage let's be real. A lot of those stats were padded too and he should have been pulled when we were up 28+ but he still continued in some drives. In games against good playoff caliber teams (49ers, packers, bills, etc) his stats were awful. He does not rise up to the occasion against great defenses.

Our schedule this year is much different. We will see what Dak is made of this season, and I think that's why Jerry is holding off on his contract. Was it all fluff, or is Dak actually a top tier QB?
If it takes Jerry 9 years to evaluate whether a QB is top tier or not then we have bigger issues than any of us thought.

The reality is Dak is gone after next season. He will more than likely suck while the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs.

if you thought signing Dak to a huge contract after the Green Bay debacle was a hard sell, then good luck trying to sell Dak getting a huge contract after what is setting up to be a horrible season.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Respect is earned by rising above and actually winning something, Dak is getting the respect he earned, and to these 3 it’s about the money not the results. Thanks for sharing.
nobody but Mahomes, Brady get respect. because nobody has really won anything. Foles gets respect above Herbert, Allen, Jackson, Dak, because he won something.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:clap:

Chasing6

Reaction score

But no one else's numbers were padded right?

CD is legit but Dak's numbers were padded?

Micha's sacks against garbage teams makes him the next LT?

You guys are a joke.

Brax

Reaction score
nobody but Mahomes, Brady get respect. because nobody has really won anything. Foles gets respect above Herbert, Allen, Jackson, Dak, because he won something.
Don’t disagree but the last 3 are on first extension and 2 of them have played in CCG, Dak is horrible in just about every playoff game so why extend it’s about the playoffs not regular season stats

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don’t disagree but the last 3 are on first extension and 2 of them have played in CCG, Dak is horrible in just about every playoff game so why extend it’s about the playoffs not regular season stats
Fans really need to figure out this is a team sport.

QB's don't win by themselves. If so then pay them 80% of the salary cap.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so the bar is now lower. its not about winning, its about reaching CCG.... or so it seems.

btw, I think its time to move on From Dak. he is 31, not getting younger and it will be good for both parties. Dak is not going to win anything in Dallas, much like all the other greats in the past 30 years that failed.
On top of that, I am tired of CD, Parsons and a few others on the team. As far as I am concerned, they all had a hand in the failure that was GB game. when you are a top 3 defender in the league and have one solo tackle in the most important game of the year, and all you do is yap, then I am done with you. when you are supposedly considering yourself the best WR in the league and then drop two passes in first quarter to move the chains and then sulk on the sideline, I am done with you. I wouldn't mind trading them and getting something in return and try to rebuild.

Brax

Reaction score

So magically Dak is going to change when he has had high level players around him and top defenses. Keep telling yourself that a QB doesn’t matter and they magically change in year 9 and all he needs to win a championship is a defense that holds top teams to Less than 10 points. Knowledgeable fans know it’s a Team sport and QBs are judged by results in the post season and a QB that disappears in big games kills a team. And no TB don’t count.

Brax

Reaction score
so the bar is now lower. its not about winning, its about reaching CCG.... or so it seems.

btw, I think its time to move on From Dak. he is 31, not getting younger and it will be good for both parties. Dak is not going to win anything in Dallas, much like all the other greats in the past 30 years that failed.
On top of that, I am tired of CD, Parsons and a few others on the team. As far as I am concerned, they all had a hand in the failure that was GB game. when you are a top 3 defender in the league and have one solo tackle in the most important game of the year, and all you do is yap, then I am done with you. when you are supposedly considering yourself the best WR in the league and then drop two passes in first quarter to move the chains and then sulk on the sideline, I am done with you. I wouldn't mind trading them and getting something in return and try to rebuild.
There has to be a bar otherwise you end up like the last 29 with “our guys” mistakes. 9 years is more than enough to show up. If they extend him it is what it is. I would be happy to trade CD and MP for high end draft capital but that’s not happening.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So magically Dak is going to change when he has had high level players around him and top defenses. Keep telling yourself that a QB doesn’t matter and they magically change in year 9 and all he needs to win a championship is a defense that holds top teams to Less than 10 points. Knowledgeable fans know it’s a Team sport and QBs are judged by results in the post season and a QB that disappears in big games kills a team. And no TB don’t count.
Dak and our defense have played almost identical. The don't play well against good teams.

It is funny how people want to talk about Dak's playoff performance, then link it to how well our D played in the regular season

How about we flip it.

Let's discuss how well Dak played during the regular season and how our D played in the playoffs.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score

I'll give Lamb a pass on this one because maybe he was the only one with Cajones to tell Dak off that day...the passes that were dropped were super poor throws, and Dak was staring Ceedee down on all of them, I've went back and watched the film it's actually quite disgusting how GB flustered him so easily when the year before he went to Lambeau and dropped 30.

Micah needs to SHUT THE HELL UP. Until he does that lion crawl in a playoff game he is just milking the brand - people here will hate me for this comment because he is a HOFer but he is unfortunately NOT that guy that will change our culture, he embodies the yapping - and doesn't show up in big games or at the end of the season. Coming from someone who has a Prescott, Parsons and Lamb jersey. Dak needs to go, and Micah needs to do something in these big games or he is just Dak 3.0 not getting it done and even worse yapping all over about it after.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

is that what we're doing, so in essence, A LOT more blame should be placed on them. The defense isn't playing well is that his fault no, but he's taking up money so they can't get better, he'd better go over there and SCREAM on them to do better

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'll give Lamb a pass on this one because maybe he was the only one with Cajones to tell Dak off that day...the passes that were dropped were super poor throws, and Dak was staring Ceedee down on all of them, I've went back and watched the film it's actually quite disgusting how GB flustered him so easily when the year before he went to Lambeau and dropped 30.

Micah needs to SHUT THE HELL UP. Until he does that lion crawl in a playoff game he is just milking the brand - people here will hate me for this comment because he is a HOFer but he is unfortunately NOT that guy that will change our culture, he embodies the yapping - and doesn't show up in big games or at the end of the season. Coming from someone who has a Prescott, Parsons and Lamb jersey. Dak needs to go, and Micah needs to do something in these big games or he is just Dak 3.0 not getting it done and even worse yapping all over about it after.
We're paying Micah for his Great rookie season. After that, i've seen nothing else to me that says he's a dominant force, he's just insanely fast!