Video: Players Lounge: The Dak Debt | Well Beyond Disrespect

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Dak Prescott is not what Jerry ever wanted at QB. But, you don't know what you got till it's gone. Dak made Miss St. relevant and a no.1 ranked college team. He needs a HC that is the leader of the team, a no.2 and 3 WR, a RB that can score TDs on the ground inside 10 yards, a LT, C, and a defense that can stop the run first to rush the pass second.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
What we all can see, hopefully Jerry...If you can't beat the good teams, these players are just playing to get paid, period... :facepalm:

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Dak had a good year statistically last year because our schedule was garbage let's be real. A lot of those stats were padded too and he should have been pulled when we were up 28+ but he still continued in some drives. In games against good playoff caliber teams (49ers, packers, bills, etc) his stats were awful. He does not rise up to the occasion against great defenses.

Our schedule this year is much different. We will see what Dak is made of this season, and I think that's why Jerry is holding off on his contract. Was it all fluff, or is Dak actually a top tier QB?
He doesn't stand a chance as of now.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak had a good year statistically last year because our schedule was garbage let's be real. A lot of those stats were padded too and he should have been pulled when we were up 28+ but he still continued in some drives. In games against good playoff caliber teams (49ers, packers, bills, etc) his stats were awful. He does not rise up to the occasion against great defenses.

Our schedule this year is much different. We will see what Dak is made of this season, and I think that's why Jerry is holding off on his contract. Was it all fluff, or is Dak actually a top tier QB?
So why should CD be even considered as one of the best WR when he only got his numbers playing weak teams?

Why is Micah's name being mention with LT in the same sentence?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak Prescott is not what Jerry ever wanted at QB. But, you don't know what you got till it's gone. Dak made Miss St. relevant and a no.1 ranked college team. He needs a HC that is the leader of the team, a no.2 and 3 WR, a RB that can score TDs on the ground inside 10 yards, a LT, C, and a defense that can stop the run first to rush the pass second.
Dak is exactly what Jerry wanted. #5 in jersey sales last year, top 10 for the past few years. that's all Jerry cares about.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So why should CD be even considered as one of the best WR when he only got his numbers playing weak teams?

Why is Micah's name being mention with LT in the same sentence?
bingo....Dak gets accused of being stat guy against weak teams, but guess who is on the other end of the stats. Lamb, so he deserves same treatment. and Micah is nothing like LT. Micah doesn't show up in big games.

and this wasn't a defense of Dak, just that there are other stars on this team that are highly paid and under perform. ala Lawrence who made 120M off the cowboys in the past 6 seasons for 6 sacks a year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
bingo....Dak gets accused of being stat guy against weak teams, but guess who is on the other end of the stats. Lamb, so he deserves same treatment. and Micah is nothing like LT. Micah doesn't show up in big games.

and this wasn't a defense of Dak, just that there are other stars on this team that are highly paid and under perform. ala Lawrence who made 120M off the cowboys in the past 6 seasons for 6 sacks a year.
This is the part of the problem in analyzing individual performance in a team sport over a 17 game season.

Stats need to be broken down, dissected and properly analyzed.

Example

Are Digg's and Bland great CB's, or are they simply benefiting from Micah's pass rush?

Is Micah getting sacks because WR's can't get open or strictly on his own validity.

I believe dominating in the trenches makes everyone else's job that much easier.

I don't believe GM Jethro comprehends complimentary football.

You pay Big money to the players that make other players around them better. Not the other way around.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Lamb was sulking on the sideline. he dropped to passes he should have caught in the first half, that would keep drives alive and keep the ball moving. a super star shouldn't be sulking on the sideline for the head coach needing to come and console him in the middle of the most ****** important game of the year. I am not giving him a pass.

and I am in 100% agreement. Micah just needs to shut up. he fades as the season goes and when I see lawrence I am going to give him a piece of my mind about his "being tired" comment.

I say, get it while its hot, trade Lamb, Micah, Martin, get a few first round picks and then rebuild.
Everyone is just ****** on Jerry right now - bet only 20 percent of the forum watched the presser...the comments about paying martin more, holdouts with Zeke, and how they know the cap more than anyone else...so they thought it was worth it to pay martin the increased piece of the pie and it's obvious for Dak that is not the case

Chasing6

Reaction score
Everyone is just ****** on Jerry right now - bet only 20 percent of the forum watched the presser...the comments about paying martin more, holdouts with Zeke, and how they know the cap more than anyone else...so they thought it was worth it to pay martin the increased piece of the pie and it's obvious for Dak that is not the case
Martin caught Jerry with his pants down. He is not going to admit that.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Fans really need to figure out this is a team sport.

QB's don't win by themselves. If so then pay them 80% of the salary cap.
That's the point. There are a very select few players that have shown to elevate their teams with lesser talent on offense. Those are the guys you pay big money to. Dak is not that guy, and probably never will be. Love the guy and appreciate what he's done for this franchise, but he's not a record breaking $$$ type of guy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's the point. There are a very select few players that have shown to elevate their teams with lesser talent on offense. Those are the guys you pay big money to. Dak is not that guy, and probably never will be. Love the guy and appreciate what he's done for this franchise, but he's not a record breaking $$$ type of guy.
Cap allocation is more than just the QB. If a team decides to spend 45% of the cap on D and can't stop the run the GM is an idiot.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, I have an idea. Let's start another Dak thread so the same posters can say the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Cap allocation is more than just the QB. If a team decides to spend 45% of the cap on D and can't stop the run the GM is an idiot.
That has already been proven beyond any doubt whatsoever!!!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Three clowns, led by the biggest clown himself: Derek Eagleton. A microcosm of the incompetence and delusional nature of the Cowboys organization.

plasticman

Reaction score
If Dak only had one or even two good seasons then you might attribute it to being a fluke or an abnormal amount of good fortune or an easy schedule, etc.

We are talking about a body of work compiled after eight seasons that began when he started game #1 his rookie season.

I am not expressing an opinion but stating a fact when i say that this body of work places him as one of the top ten QBs in NFL history in several categories.

Now, can anyone tell me about an important game where Dak was playing poorly and they still won because the team had his back? Did all his teammates step up, elevate their game, decide it was their turn and place Dak on their shoulders? Does that game exist in their history?

I mean......Tom Brady threw INT's in three consecutive drives, all late in the game, the Bucs NFC championship game. Does anyone remember that? Does anyone know why so few fans remember?

The last two Packer drives from those Brady INT's were three and out. We are talking late 2nd half, playoff game, here comes Aaron Rodgers and he can't get a first down on two consecutive drives in the 4th quarter.

Tom Brady......the G.O.A.T.......would have been responsible for that loss if it were not for their defense.

When has this defense or this running game or this special teams taken a game over and carried Dak on a bad day?

Josh Allen had a passer rating of less then 70.0 seven times in his career where the Bills still won. Lamar Jackson five times. Roethlesberger, Brady, Hurts, four times. Mahomes, three times. And Dak? Twice, despite the fact that most of these QB's have played in less games.